Grizzlies Sign Jerryd Bayless

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Re: Grizzlies Sign Jerryd Bayless 

Post#21 » by Kabookalu » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:10 pm

aaa wrote:
vanjulio wrote: He isn't out to prove he is going to be an Allstar this year. He's got his role and in concentrating on just doing what he needs to do to help the Grizzlies win as a 6th man.

Wow man you're talking out your butt right now. If you knew anything about Bayless, this comment would be just as ludicrous to you as it is to me. He's not happy as a bench player, and he's ABSOLUTELY out to prove that he's an all-star. That's just his nature, and it always has been since his high school days. He hates coming off the bench because his mentality is that he can play with and against anyone in the league.

And that's not a knock on Bayless, its a compliment.

You're talking out of your ass, don't listen to this kid.
Read on Twitter
CB4Champ
Banned User
And1: 2,445

Post#22 » by CB4Champ » Wed Oct 3, 2012 1:07 am

Wazz Up Grizzlie Forum?

You will see a lot more of me on this forum because of The Boy Bay.

Let me just Clear the air like Choker did, Bay is NOT an player that complains about starting or Bench. When he was in T.O. Love, he said all the right things even stated in last season that Jose should start in front of him. His whole time in T Dot he never complanied about his role. All he said was that he would rather play the point then play as an 2.

Give Bay an fair shot and you will all be mocking the Raptor brass for letting him go for nothing.

To FInish, I finish with this:

Zack: Yo Bay, gotsa lot to prove this season You Ready?
Bayless: im ready
Zack: WHAT
Bayless: I'M READY
Zack: Good, You alone will see how your minutes Go.
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#23 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Wed Oct 3, 2012 12:56 pm

Welcome aboard.

If Bayless falls in line with coach Hollins, he's in for a heck of a ride in Memphis.
BD12
Lead Assistant
And1: 132

Post#24 » by BD12 » Wed Oct 3, 2012 2:28 pm

CB4Champ wrote:Wazz Up Grizzlie Forum?

You will see a lot more of me on this forum because of The Boy Bay.

Let me just Clear the air like Choker did, Bay is NOT an player that complains about starting or Bench. When he was in T.O. Love, he said all the right things even stated in last season that Jose should start in front of him. His whole time in T Dot he never complanied about his role. All he said was that he would rather play the point then play as an 2.

Give Bay an fair shot and you will all be mocking the Raptor brass for letting him go for nothing.

To FInish, I finish with this:

Zack: Yo Bay, gotsa lot to prove this season You Ready?
Bayless: im ready
Zack: WHAT
Bayless: I'M READY
Zack: Good, You alone will see how your minutes Go.

Yep same. Have been totally rooting for the Griz during the playoffs the past two seasons. Predicted Griz would beat the Spurs in 6 and some of my friends laughed. The team just has to stay healthy this season. Too many players disappointed in the playoffs last year, especially Mayo.
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#25 » by Kabookalu » Wed Oct 3, 2012 7:25 pm

If there may be a pet peeve you'll have of Bayless it's that he'll look for his own shot with 7 seconds left to go on the clock. However he usually does a good job of getting the team into its sets the rest of the shot clock, which is a highly underrated part of his game. There are Raptors fans that only see him hogging the ball because they're used to 8 years of Calderon trying to set up the pick and roll with 3 seconds left on the clock.

Read on Twitter
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#26 » by 12footrim » Sat Oct 6, 2012 4:52 pm

Bayless doesn't have to start over Conley to be an impact player. I think he could be perfect in a Jason Terry type role.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,018

Post#27 » by Marvin Martian » Sun Oct 7, 2012 7:42 am

Well he was terrible today. 4 points, 1-6 shooting, and 1 assist in 23 minutes. If I'm Hollins, I would not hesitate to pull the plug on him he continues playing like this, especially when we invested a 1st round pick on a high upside guy in Tony Wroten and we desperately need to fix the bench play after what happened last season.
jefe
General Manager
And1: 634

Post#28 » by jefe » Sun Oct 7, 2012 3:09 pm

12footrim wrote:Bayless doesn't have to start over Conley to be an impact player. I think he could be perfect in a Jason Terry type role.

That's good, because there's a better chance the Grizz trade Haddadi for Lebron James than Bayless starting over a healthy Mike Conley. Just sayin.
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#29 » by Kabookalu » Sun Oct 7, 2012 8:18 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:Well he was terrible today. 4 points, 1-6 shooting, and 1 assist in 23 minutes. If I'm Hollins, I would not hesitate to pull the plug on him he continues playing like this, especially when we invested a 1st round pick on a high upside guy in Tony Wroten and we desperately need to fix the bench play after what happened last season.

He goes through really rough adjustment periods, I would give it more time before deciding he's not fit for the team.

Read on Twitter
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,018

Post#30 » by Marvin Martian » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:38 am

The good news: Bayless played better than last game

The bad news: Wroten played better than Bayless
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#31 » by SD2042 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:49 pm

It's still preseason. We have to allow time for the guys to get adjust to the way the plays go for this team and get back their timing in the process.
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#32 » by Kabookalu » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:08 pm

Bayless looked like he had a good game yesterday :D

One thing you'll love about Bayless is his defense against quick point guards. There were times where he would shut down opposing point guards. I'm not sure if you guys remember the game but last year he shut down Conley where the Raptors came out with a victory in overtime. He also shut down Deron Williams and played some of the best defense I've ever seen on Derrick Rose.

However in Toronto since he was playing the combo guard role he played a bit of shooting guard and always got torched. Can't blame him too much because of his T-Rex arms and he doesn't have the bulk to keep stronger guys in check, but against quick guards he's excellent.

Read on Twitter

Return to Memphis Grizzlies