Image ImageImage Image

Chief Keefs Hints at D. Rose Gang Affiliation on New Song

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

BJ43
Banned User
And1: 33

Re: Chief Keefs Hints at D. Rose Gang Affiliation on New Son 

Post#81 » by BJ43 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Why is Whoopi Goldberg rapping?
Gargamel
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#82 » by Gargamel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:47 pm

BJ43 wrote:Why is Whoopi Goldberg rapping?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Well played, sir.
actrived
Senior
And1: 9

Post#83 » by actrived » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:52 pm

BJ43 wrote:Why is Whoopi Goldberg rapping?

Ahaha. Nice. Chief Keef stars in "Sister Act 3: Same Story, New Eyebrows"

The background guy with the "uh/ah" part sounds just like Fisticuff from Chapelle's show. "Turn my headphones up, nah for real, I can't hear out my right ear."

DRose is not gang affiliated. How is this even a discussion? In all the articles describing his childhood/adolescence, it's always noted that his family kept him on (relative) lockdown to avoid such a thing from happening.
"Being good is good, that'll get you Drew Gooden. But me I want Jordan numbers, [DRose] footin'. Can't guard me, Vince Lombardi, John Wooden."
ryannik09
Bench Warmer
And1: 378

Post#84 » by ryannik09 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Chief Keef is 17. He's a young, knucklehead kid from Englewood that doesn't know any better yet. Had he had some role models like D. Rose's brothers he may have taken a different path. He's still learning and growing up.

I dont understand how someone can point a gun at a police office and only get 18 months probation, the world will be a better place when he is dead or locked away for the rest of his life.

Roland Fryer is a prime example of someone who grew up in a situation like the southside of Chicago without any parents, he is now one of the leading Economists in the US on Social Economics.

These kids who also turn to gangs as a way to sell drugs and make money, low level street drug dealers make as much as McDonalds employee if not less.

http://www.freakonomics.com/books/freak ... chapter-3/

$3.30 was the average hourly income of a southside drug dealer in Chicago.
Illuminatos
Analyst
And1: 1,211

Post#85 » by Illuminatos » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:16 pm

"3Hunna", "Traffic", and "I Don't Like" Image
WadeInTheWater wrote:I stick up for LeBron to the depths of the earth, i tell anyone i know when discussing basketball that LeBron is everything that Jordan was AND more but just without the rings YET. No doubt about he is better all round than Jordan ever was

^^Trololol^^
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#86 » by Red Larrivee » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Mr. Tibbs wrote:i think i see a bigger problem with this because he's a kid sending this kinda message..imo it will resonate more with kids/teens who are impressionable to the point of delusion. I think kids tend to make up more of the fanatical fan base of most stars, and they tend to gravitate to younger performers. Imagine little romeo or bow wow doing this in their heyday with their following. You'd get something like this, and I personally think this would influence a kid more than any adult rapper talking about the same stuff.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hxN7HXsSGk[/youtube]

sad to say another Chicago product here...

I still don't understand. Why pretend like Chief Keef is the only 17-18 yearold making this type of music? You can find a Chief Keef in every state, tons of them actually. In high school I had tons of friends who were local rappers and they talked about the same stuff. This is what hip hop is now. In the 90's, hip hop had people talking about the same type of stuff and emphasizing street life. Keef really isn't being an innovator.

I think if you have a problem with Keef's music, it's not really about just him, but bigger picture the subject matter in hip hop...which is never going to change. I'm not afraid to say I listen to Keef's music, and for happy/party moods, it's great.

But the main point for this thread is that Keef doesn't hint at gang affiliation with D.Rose in any sort of way.
Sonny_D1
Lead Assistant
And1: 218

Post#87 » by Sonny_D1 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Chief Queef needs to start pumping some iron. By the looks of it (if he's still alive), he'll have plenty of time to do it.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#88 » by Hangtime84 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:29 pm

JDRochholz wrote:Cheap plug imo. please lock this up.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User
And1: 810

Post#89 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:How does saying "we got bunch of doe boy, don't make me call D.Rose up" hint at gang affiliaton?

Lord. I don't even know how you interpret that as gang affiliation. It's not even close.

The post above should have ended this discussion (on page 2 of this thread) about Chief Keef saying that D-Rose is affiliated with a gang.

Regarding the D-Rose picture, as many have pointed out he was throwing up the rakes (pitchforks), which is a Gangster Disciple symbol. That picture was taken years ago when he was in high school. The neighborhood that he grew up in is predominately GD, so it was more to do with him being drunk at a party & being a goofy teenager with neighborhood friends that may have actually been GDs.

Long story short, D-Rose is not a gang member, nor affiliated with a gang.

EDIT TO ADD TO Red's post: BTW, Chief Keef is a Black Disciple (BD). The Englewood area is currently in the middle of a war between the BDs & GDs, which would put Chief Keef at odds with D-Rose's old neighborhood.
Illuminatos
Analyst
And1: 1,211

Post#90 » by Illuminatos » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:39 pm

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:How does saying "we got bunch of doe boy, don't make me call D.Rose up" hint at gang affiliaton?

Lord. I don't even know how you interpret that as gang affiliation. It's not even close.

The post above should have ended this discussion (on page 2 of this thread) about Chief Keef saying that D-Rose is affiliated with a gang.

Regarding the D-Rose picture, as many have pointed out he was throwing up the rakes (pitchforks), which is a Gangster Disciple symbol. That picture was taken years ago when he was in high school. The neighborhood that he grew up in is predominately GD, so it was more to do with him being drunk at a party & being a goofy teenager with neighborhood friends that may have actually been GDs.

Long story short, D-Rose is not a gang member, nor affiliated with a gang.

Recently, a photo has been circulating on the Internet which appears to depict me flashing a gang sign.This photo of me was taken at a party I attended in Memphis while I was in school there, and was meant as a joke…a bad one, I now admit. I want to emphatically state, now and forever, that Derrick Rose is anti-gang, anti-drug, and anti-violence.

I am not, nor have I ever been, affiliated with any gang and I can’t speak loudly enough against gang violence, and the things that gangs represent.

In posing for this picture, I am guilty of being young, naive and of using extremely poor judgment.

I sincerely apologize to all my fans for my mistake. I pride myself on being a good citizen, and role model, that young people can look up to and I want to urge all my young fans to stay away from gangs and gang-related activities.

http://streetknowledge.wordpress.com/20 ... -bad-joke/
WadeInTheWater wrote:I stick up for LeBron to the depths of the earth, i tell anyone i know when discussing basketball that LeBron is everything that Jordan was AND more but just without the rings YET. No doubt about he is better all round than Jordan ever was

^^Trololol^^
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#91 » by BR0D1E86 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:59 pm

ryannik09 wrote:
I dont understand how someone can point a gun at a police office and only get 18 months probation, the world will be a better place when he is dead or locked away for the rest of his life.

I am a law enforcement officer. I was actually assaulted and the guy got probation. It's a messed up world man.

EDIT: He was charged with a felony, he reached a quick plea deal without much effort from the DA.
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM
And1: 6,426

Post#92 » by Tenchi Ryu » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:52 pm

F#$k Chief Keef...hate everything about this dude. Literally represents EVERY damn thing that's wrong with our city, and glorifying it like its some sh%t to be proud about. Got stories of 40+ people being shot in one weekend, and got the nerve to make music like that was an accomplishment....Shame on him, and more importantly, shame on all the people around him who enabled it, from what I've heard, his mother being a PRIME suspect.
[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,361

Post#93 » by Vertical Limit » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:06 pm

Ballin27 wrote:
vietsensfan wrote:Image

There've always been rumors swirling about Rose's blood affiliation, this is just more fuel to the fire IMO.

The pitchfork D.Rose is throwing up is GD or Gangster Disciples which correct me if I'm wrong is an affiliation to the Folks.

From everything I've read Chief Keef is a Black Disciple which is a rival gang of the Gangtser Disciples.

:roll:

People really need to grow up from this stupid crap.

And isn't that Chief Keef person 16 years old? Jesus, who cares what a child says.
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM
And1: 6,426

Post#94 » by Tenchi Ryu » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:And isn't that Chief Keef person 16 years old? Jesus, who cares what a child says.

People that have family and friends get shot and killed by 14-18 year olds who are influenced by his music....that's who cares.
[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#95 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Sounds like cheap promotion to me, from wut ive heard. Havent heard the song.
chitownsalesmen
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,740

Post#96 » by chitownsalesmen » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:47 pm

Mr. Tibbs wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:I honestly don't see a huge problem with Chief Keef. He's not the first rapper to make this type of music. Fact is people like this type of music, and he had a pretty big following even before Kanye remixed his song. Whatever they do in the streets is their business.

And plenty of local Chicago street rappers are going to mention D.Rose because he's a cult icon. Doesn't mean he's affiliated with their gang or anything.

i think i see a bigger problem with this because he's a kid sending this kinda message..imo it will resonate more with kids/teens who are impressionable to the point of delusion. I think kids tend to make up more of the fanatical fan base of most stars, and they tend to gravitate to younger performers. Imagine little romeo or bow wow doing this in their heyday with their following. You'd get something like this, and I personally think this would influence a kid more than any adult rapper talking about the same stuff.

Jesus, what is that kid 5?
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User
And1: 810

Post#97 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:20 pm

chitownsalesmen wrote:
Mr. Tibbs wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:I honestly don't see a huge problem with Chief Keef. He's not the first rapper to make this type of music. Fact is people like this type of music, and he had a pretty big following even before Kanye remixed his song. Whatever they do in the streets is their business.

And plenty of local Chicago street rappers are going to mention D.Rose because he's a cult icon. Doesn't mean he's affiliated with their gang or anything.

i think i see a bigger problem with this because he's a kid sending this kinda message..imo it will resonate more with kids/teens who are impressionable to the point of delusion. I think kids tend to make up more of the fanatical fan base of most stars, and they tend to gravitate to younger performers. Imagine little romeo or bow wow doing this in their heyday with their following. You'd get something like this, and I personally think this would influence a kid more than any adult rapper talking about the same stuff.

Jesus, what is that kid 5?

Here is your answer below:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWnmiKDLWjs[/youtube]

I can't believe that the police or DCFS have not gotten involved after watching this.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#98 » by kyrv » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:50 pm

BR0D1E86 wrote:
ryannik09 wrote:

I am a law enforcement officer. I was actually assaulted and the guy got probation. It's a messed up world man.

EDIT: He was charged with a felony, he reached a quick plea deal without much effort from the DA.

Cr*p I assume you are okay?

I never understood taunting/screaming/attacking someone with a gun. Anyone, let alone an officer. Just in general brodie, not sure if you always carry a gun.
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#99 » by BR0D1E86 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:05 pm

kyrv wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:
ryannik09 wrote:

Cr*p I assume you are okay?

I never understood taunting/screaming/attacking someone with a gun. Anyone, let alone an officer. Just in general brodie, not sure if you always carry a gun.

I'm fine, thanks man. He's on the streets since he finished serving out the time on his low-level sex-based crimes. Everybody wins. I mean everyone except for society.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#100 » by kyrv » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:12 pm

BR0D1E86 wrote:I'm fine, thanks man. He's on the streets since he finished serving out the time on his low-level sex-based crimes. Everybody wins. I mean everyone except for society.

Glad to hear it (well not the part of him being out). I remember when you mentioned you were doing the career change, guess that's been a while now ;p, first thing I thought of was the personal safety angle. :( :)

Return to Chicago Bulls