Board Express Pro-Tapatalk Windows App not working on RealGM

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,545

Board Express Pro-Tapatalk Windows App not working on RealGM 

Post#1 » by Stannis » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:24 am

I know RealGM does not really have much to do with this. But here is the problem.

Windows SmartPhones only have 1 app for boards/forums. It is called "Board Express Pro-Tapatalk" for Windows Phone 7. I cannot get it to work with with my Windows Phone. Every time I go on RealGM, it says that the server is off-line and it is usually a temporary issue. I can view the boards, but I cannot post or anything. I am logged in correctly with my user name.

It would be nice to get it fixed for us Windows Smartphone Users. I know they Taptalk works for iPhone users, because my brother uses it.

Here is their website:
http://www.board-express.com/

I am not asking for the RealGM admins/staff to fix this issue. I am merely asking if RealGM can send them a message. I think it will mean more. I tried sending one myself, but I got no support. I am sure if they see it is from the RealGM forum staff itself, they will surely take some action.

EDIT*: It looks like they have no more ways of contacting them anymore. They do not allow anyone to register on their forums anymore. I guess Windows Phone Users only hope is if RealGM has contact with them or something.

By the way, if anyone was able to get this app working on their Windows Phone, let me know please.
Free Palestine
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 342

Re: Board Express Pro-Tapatalk Windows App not working on Re 

Post#2 » by dream34 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:44 pm

I've contacted them and will let you know what I find out.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#3 » by Stannis » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:11 pm

dream34 wrote:I've contacted them and will let you know what I find out.

Oh wow! That means a lot. Thanks!
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#4 » by Stannis » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:55 pm

I know it is a little late, but I thought it would be good to add some details to the problem.

It will not let you post anything, even though it has you as logged in. And it does not show your user avatar next to your name, it only shows a default portrait. It does show the user avatars inside the threads though.

I think the problem has to do with this error message (this is what it says exactly): "Network Error: Connection to the server could not be established. This is usually a temporary issue."

The problem is definitely not temporary, it has been like this for months. And it only happens when you go to the "messages" screen.

So I think it has something to do with making direct connections between the user, device, and/or website.
Free Palestine
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#5 » by dream34 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:28 am

Shpati, let me know if things are working for you yet. Tapatalk hasn't been responsive at all, and BoardExpress just says that it should work if Tapatalk is installed. They are pretty much useless.

I did notice there was a more recent update to Tapatalk though, so I upgraded to the latest version. I'm hoping that helps resolve the problem. Outside of that, I'm not sure what else we can do.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#6 » by Stannis » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:24 am

dream34 wrote:Shpati, let me know if things are working for you yet. Tapatalk hasn't been responsive at all, and BoardExpress just says that it should work if Tapatalk is installed. They are pretty much useless.

I did notice there was a more recent update to Tapatalk though, so I upgraded to the latest version. I'm hoping that helps resolve the problem. Outside of that, I'm not sure what else we can do.

I got a message from them when I e-mailed info@board-express.com. He said that he registered on RealGM and was just waiting to be verified by the admins then he will message me back. I think he just gave up and bailed though. I do have the most updated one as well.

Do you use a Windows Phone? Or iPhone or Andriod? I am using a Windows Phone.

Yes, you are right, the only thing we can do is wait. Maybe they do update it, or a new/better app is released for Windows Phones.

I really appreciate your help. It means a lot.

Best wishes

By the way can you ask them if I can get my .99 cents back? /kidding. :lol:
Free Palestine
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#7 » by dream34 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:51 pm

Did you ever receive a follow up message? That can be pretty frustrating, especially after paying for a product, regardless of price. I have an Android phone, so I haven't been able to check out the Windows version at all to test things out. Do you use any other forums that use Tapatalk? Or is it pretty much just ours that isn't working properly?
Stannis
RealGM

Post#8 » by Stannis » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:48 am

dream34 wrote:Did you ever receive a follow up message? That can be pretty frustrating, especially after paying for a product, regardless of price. I have an Android phone, so I haven't been able to check out the Windows version at all to test things out. Do you use any other forums that use Tapatalk? Or is it pretty much just ours that isn't working properly?

It is a little frustrating, but I just gave up on this app. I do not even think they care and neither am I now. No follow up messages yet.

I will check out some other forums and see how they work again. But I think this one is the only one giving me errors.

Oh well. I was expecting stuff like this to happen when I bought a Windows Phone.
Free Palestine
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,599

Post#9 » by Howard Mass » Wed May 9, 2012 11:09 am

Shpati21,

It happens.

Please keep us posted.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Stannis
RealGM

Post#10 » by Stannis » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:15 pm

I know it has been several months, but I thought it would not hurt to give an update.

This app is still not working with RealGM.

I was able to use this app for xtratime.org.

I just cannot get it to work with RealGM.com. I am not sure why it is not working.

This is for a Windows Phone (not Android or iPhone).

It is not that big of a deal. I just have to use the full website when I am on my phone, which can be a little slow and laggy. The app will run it faster.
Free Palestine
dream34
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#11 » by dream34 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:52 pm

The developers never replied to either of us and the last time I checked they had no documentation. Any thoughts of how I can help out here? They claimed it would work just by installing Tapatalk as normal, right?
Stannis
RealGM

Post#12 » by Stannis » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:24 am

dream34 wrote:The developers never replied to either of us and the last time I checked they had no documentation. Any thoughts of how I can help out here? They claimed it would work just by installing Tapatalk as normal, right?

If they never contacted any of you, there is nothing you can do. Thanks anyway though, :)

A simple installation is all that is required.
Free Palestine
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#13 » by Geddy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:13 pm

I use this app as well, but only to read certain forums. It is too buggy when it comes to posting so I never bother. Also, the off-topic areas are not accessible.

I think a friend of mine had also tried to get in touch with the developers to fix certain bugs but the response he got indicated that the app developers had bailed on it and won't be providing much support anymore.

The good news is that Windows Phone 8 is around the corner and there are rumors that there will be an offcial Tapatalk app for it.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
Stannis
RealGM

Post#14 » by Stannis » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:01 am

Geddy wrote:I use this app as well, but only to read certain forums. It is too buggy when it comes to posting so I never bother. Also, the off-topic areas are not accessible.

I think a friend of mine had also tried to get in touch with the developers to fix certain bugs but the response he got indicated that the app developers had bailed on it and won't be providing much support anymore.

The good news is that Windows Phone 8 is around the corner and there are rumors that there will be an offcial Tapatalk app for it.

This is great news.

Will it work with Windows 7.8? My phone won't get 8
Free Palestine
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#15 » by Geddy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:48 am

I don't think WP8 apps can be backwards compatible and work on 7.X devices sadly. I'm in the same boat as I will have 7.8 as well. The only hope is that they make a 7.X version of Tapatalk as well.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
Stannis
RealGM

Post#16 » by Stannis » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:57 am

Geddy wrote:I don't think WP8 apps can be backwards compatible and work on 7.X devices sadly. I'm in the same boat as I will have 7.8 as well. The only hope is that they make a 7.X version of Tapatalk as well.

I guess we will just have to find out when Windows 7.8 and 8 are finally released.

From what I read, 7.8 is practically going to be the same as 8. 7.8 is just older technology with some missing features, and Windows 8 will have better pre-installed applications tat are not doing to work with Windows 7.8 (Internet Explorer 10). I think there is a chance that the apps will be the same.
Free Palestine
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,599

Post#17 » by Howard Mass » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:25 am

Hopefully Tapatalk will improve for everyone.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions