Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

aklay1
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: Classifieds 

Post#201 » by aklay1 » Sun Sep 9, 2012 8:05 am

Hey guys,
I'm the commissioner of a highly successful fantasy basketball league which is heading into its 8th season.

We are looking for an Aussie manager to fill the last spot in the league.

This is a re-draft league, where the finishing positions of the year before determine draft position. So if interested in this league, you'll be drafting last in the first round (14th).

It is also a money league, $20 buy-in ($20.90 due to paypal fees).

We prefer experienced managers. If interested please leave a reply on this thread!!

Heres some of the finer details:

1st place: $140
2nd place: $60
3rd place: $40
Best regular season record: $20
Winner of consolation bracket: $20

Format and rules:
- 14 teams, H2H, Standard 9 categories (FG%, FT%, 3PM, PT, REB, AST, STL, BLK, TO)
- Re-draft league
- 16 players per team
- 16 round snake style draft, draft order determine by position of previous year
- 40 maximum moves per season once the season starts, although infinite moves between the draft and start of the season. Moves count will be reset to 0 at the start of the season.
- All trades must go through a 2 day league vote process. 4 votes against the trade results in a veto.
- Waiver priority IS tradable
- Undrafted players become FA straight after the draft
- Waiver period is 2 days
Garf
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#202 » by Garf » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:03 am

Garf wrote:Hello,
the idea behind NBA Front Office is to mimic the NBA as much as possible. All rules of the CBA apply unless specified otherwise. Teams using 8 players in their rotation score in a H2H points-based weekly format, with a shortened Regular Season and early Playoffs to eliminate real-life tanking/resting effects. Apart from standard Fantrax settings there is some help for defenders: rewarding +/- and minutes, penalizing missed shots. Finally, free agents are approached with a single secret bid, and an original formula takes into account the players' performance, age, and environment when determining how much money they expect in order to accept Rookie Scale Extensions, Veteran Extensions, and Player Options. We kick off in June, with the exact real-life situation, just in time for the draft and free agency.

You can sign up here:
http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?topic=52531.0

Teams currently available:

East: Heat, Celtics, Bucks
West: Grizzlies, Mavs, Rockets
Join my CBA-simulating fantasy game here
Muharem23
Ballboy

Super 20 Hardcore Roto Nba On Espn 

Post#203 » by Muharem23 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:11 am

Hi!

I've been running leagues for several years now and this year I'm presenting people with an opportunity to enter a brand new roto (rotisserie) Fantasy Basketball league. The league will be under my "Super ... Hardcore" brand... it will have 20 teams that can have 10 keepers after the first season.

As with all my other "Super ... Hardcore" I only expect the most hardcore, most fanatic Fantasy players. You must check your roster every day. Make trades. Draft well. Be active in polls, discussions and with this being a ROTO league very experienced in ROTO fantasy leagues and max & pace.

If you want to check out the league here is a link:
http://games.espn.go...5&seasonId=2013

ROTO has a lot less action than H2H, but you, the owners need to be more active in order to control the max & pace and make sure that you get the best possible score at the end of the season. If this all sounds scary or too much work for you, please don't apply for my league before the season. I will be checking everyone's activity, and I also review all trades. This is not a league for newcomers. If you haven't played ROTO before I suggest at least one season on a standard ROTO league first. I expect whoever joins to be in it for the long haul!

email muharem@hotmail.com to apply... I will ask about experience
Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 249

Post#204 » by Curtis Lemansky » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:56 pm

"I don't step aside, I step up." - Vic Mackey
"My name is my name" - Marlo Stanfield
"If you come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little

Formerly known as nostradamus2005
Garf
Sophomore

Post#205 » by Garf » Wed Oct 3, 2012 3:11 pm

the idea behind NBA Front Office is to mimic the NBA as much as possible. All rules of the CBA apply unless specified otherwise. Teams using 8 players in their rotation score in a H2H points-based weekly format, with a shortened Regular Season and early Playoffs to eliminate real-life tanking/resting effects. Apart from standard Fantrax settings there is some help for defenders: rewarding +/- and minutes, penalizing missed shots. Finally, free agents are approached with a single secret bid, and an original formula takes into account the players' performance, age, and environment when determining how much money they expect in order to accept Rookie Scale Extensions, Veteran Extensions, and Player Options. We kick off in June, with the exact real-life situation, just in time for the draft and free agency.

You can sign up here:

Milwaukee, Boston, Memphis, and Dallas are still available.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#206 » by Pharaoh » Sat Oct 6, 2012 12:11 pm

NBA Yahoo Roto Fantasy Comp

Stats:

Pts
3's made
FG%
FT%
Rebounds
Steals
Blocks
Assists
Turnovers

10 team league looking for 2 more players to complete - experience not essential, prefer people to play all season

Live Draft scheduled for Midday Saturday October 27th Australian Time (if you sign up Yahoo will tell you when the Draft will be for your time zone)

Positions:

PG
SG
G
SF
PF
F
C
C
U
U

and 3 bench positions

League ID# 918
Password = Paranoid
Paulrbn
Ballboy

Post#207 » by Paulrbn » Mon Oct 8, 2012 6:15 pm

join my Yahoo fantasy nba league
basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba
League ID#: 21722
Password: 20122013
Draft is October 13th 2pm est

On a side note, I also run a simulation league using Ultimate Basketball Association (UBA) software [see http://home.comcast.net/~ubabasketball/]. The league started in 7677 and is currently in 8485. We run a season every 3 months. If you want more information, please e-mail me at Paulrbn@gmail.com. I have one opening as of now and may have more in the future. The team that is available (Detroit) has Larry Bird among other players.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#208 » by Pharaoh » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:01 am

Pharaoh wrote:NBA Yahoo Roto Fantasy Comp

Stats:

Pts
3's made
FG%
FT%
Rebounds
Steals
Blocks
Assists
Turnovers

10 team league looking for 2 more players to complete - experience not essential, prefer people to play all season

Live Draft scheduled for Midday Saturday October 27th Australian Time (if you sign up Yahoo will tell you when the Draft will be for your time zone)

Positions:

PG
SG
G
SF
PF
F
C
C
U
U

and 3 bench positions

League ID# 918
Password = Paranoid

One spot has opened up... not sure who joined and then bailed but someone did.

First come, first served - no experience needed. It's all for fun
OmniDEN
Starter
And1: 49

Post#209 » by OmniDEN » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:09 am

Standard Yahoo H2H 16 team league. Need 3 or 4 more. Good and reliable players only please

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.c ... d=facebook
STATnMELO89
Ballboy

Post#210 » by STATnMELO89 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Need 1 more manager for my One win H2H
Auction league. I have been doing this league for years now with most
of the same managers. Competitive and active league. Please only join if
you will be at the draft and stay active all year. NO DEADBEATS! Draft
is Sunday Oct.28th at 7PM EST.

League ID#: 10653
League Name: True Ballers
Password: knick89
Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.c ... rueballers
Draft Type: Live Auction Draft
Draft Time: Sun Oct 28 7:00pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 14
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head - One Win
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 7, 2013
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Waiver Mode: Standard
Can't Cut List Provider: None
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: 6
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 22, 23 and 24 (6 teams) Note: Week 24 runs 10 days from Apr 8 to Apr 17
Playoff Reseeding: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes
Divisions: No
Make League Publicly Viewable: Yes
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, Util, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN
Players
Stat Categories: Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage
(FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds
(REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK)
OzSonic
Starter
And1: 7

Post#211 » by OzSonic » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:02 pm

Need some teams. My Aussie league is getting less people every year and only managed to get 7 so far. Need at least another 5 to have a decent league and if we get that much I'll cut down on the positions. Any active manager welcome and draft is on in about 5 hours.

League ID#: 25237
League Name: The Asylum
Password: supersonics
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Max Teams: 14
Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute, 30 Seconds
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, Util, Util, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN
Players Stat Categories: Field Goals Made (FGM), Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throws Made (FTM), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), 3-point Percentage (3PT%), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)
Garf
Sophomore

Post#212 » by Garf » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:12 am

You can sign up here:

The season starts soon!
RnB
Junior
And1: 180

Post#213 » by RnB » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:35 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:NBA Yahoo Roto Fantasy Comp

Stats:

Pts
3's made
FG%
FT%
Rebounds
Steals
Blocks
Assists
Turnovers

Positions:

PG
SG
G
SF
PF
F
C
C
U
U

and 3 bench positions

League ID# 918
Password = Paranoid

One spot has opened up... not sure who joined and then bailed but someone did.

First come, first served - no experience needed. It's all for fun

Hey just filled that last spot. I'm a fellow Aussie, keen to get some dedicated fantasy bball action going.
In Griffin We Trust
twistedude
Sixth Man

Post#214 » by twistedude » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm looking for ONE replacement team in the FREE 12-team yahoo keeper league that I commish. It's a long time keeper league (7th year running) with high quality managers and competitiveness. There is a ton of activity in the league, with plenty of trades and message board activity. We are looking for someone who can add to that. We roll with standard yahoo scoring cats (9 categories). Each team keeps 3 players and one rookie at the cost of their draft round value.

Please PM me if you're interested in being a part of this great league. Include your email in your PM so I can shoot you an invite, provided the interest and commitment to managing the team on a long term basis. The available team actually has one of the best keeper lists in the league, so I'm sure it won't last long.

Here are our keeper rules followed by the keepers from the available team:

KEEPER RULES

-Each team keeps 3 players + 1 rookie

-Players are kept according to the round they were drafted in the previous year. ie. if i drafted a player in the 10th round this year, he'll count as a 10th rounder next year if kept.

-After a player is kept one season, their round value increases for each subsequent year they are kept (+1 increase for 2-5th rounders, +2 rounds for 6th-10th rounders, and +3 for 11-16th rounders). First year keepers are not subject to the +1+2+3 rule.

-Free agents can be kept at the cost of the final round in the draft (16th round).

-In cases of round value ties, the second player takes the next available draft slot (ie. if I want to keep two 9th rounders, one slides into the 10th slot with no penalty)

AVAILABLE TEAM (round values in brackets)

Chris Paul (1)
Dwight Howard (1)
Al Horford (2)
Rookie: Kenneth Faried (12)

Thanks, hope to hear from you!
mikeman119938
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#215 » by mikeman119938 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:16 am

Whats up guys

I have been a NBA jersey collector for the past 5 years or so and am growing tired of my collections (what’s the point?) and am willing to give away to TWO fantastic NBA fantasy player. I created an NBA fantasy league on Yahoo and anyone is welcome to join (spots are limited to 20) I have about 15 jerseys at hand some include:

Kobe Bryant 24(white and purple)
Dwyane Wade (white)
Dirk (blue)
Westbrook (blue)
Jeremy Lin (NY blue)
Michael Jordan (Red)
KG (green)
Paul Pierce(white)
Iverson (nuggets blue)
Tracy Mcgrady(White rockets)
Vince Carter (White nets)

I got some other ones I can’t think of on top of my head, half of them are unopened and half are wore like once or twice.

Rules:
• YOU MUST BE ABLE TO JOIN THE ONLINE DRAFT (this Saturday at 2pm) to be eligible to win the jerseys
• 4 divisions head to head (top 2 in each division gets to advance to playoff)
• Only people from US and Canada because I don’t want to pay extra for shipping

Here’s how to win them
• 1 of them will be given to the winner of the whole thing at the end of the day
• 1 of them will be given randomly to the 8 people that made playoff (top seed will have a 2:1 chance compare to the second seed). this means a second seed in each division will have 1/12 chance to win the jersey and first seed will have 1/6 chance to win it
• if the second jersey happens to be won by the 1st jersey winner, it will be given to the second place of the entire tournament instead

Just post below and I’ll PM u with the league details, they will fill up fast. I’ll see u all on draft day
Garf
Sophomore

Post#216 » by Garf » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:14 pm

You can sign up here:

Btw, October 31 is the official NBA deadline for extending rookie scale contracts and exercising option years. Sounds like a good time to jump in!
ollin
Analyst

Post#217 » by ollin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:52 pm

Need one more team in a $30 buy in Yahoo Fantasy League. (I'm not the commissioner)

- Draft is on Saturday 3:00 pm eastern time and will be a live auction draft.
- 12 teams with 13 players on each team
- Head to Head Standard (Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO))
- Last year winner won 75% of the cash pool and runner up got 25%

Link
http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.c ... 2/settings
Asphalt Ace
Ballboy

One More Team in my League 

Post#218 » by Asphalt Ace » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:16 pm

I need one more team in my fantasy league. Hoping to find a serious NBA fan (Baltimore is sadly not much of an NBA town). Lot's of good nature smack talk. Very competitive 12 team roto league. Draft is Monday night.
If interested
http://games.espn.go.com/fba/leagueoffi ... sonId=2013
Thanks
Garf
Sophomore

Post#219 » by Garf » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:12 pm

You can sign up here:

As the season starts, the Knicks, Pacers, and Spurs are still looking for a GM!
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#220 » by BenjaminH » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:41 pm

League full-- thanks!

Return to Fantasy Basketball