ImageImageImage

Kirilenko's impact

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

hantelmarten
Ballboy
And1: 0

Kirilenko's impact 

Post#1 » by hantelmarten » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:40 pm

What do you expect from Kirilenko? I don't see why he wouldn't come in and continue with the same sort of stats that he left off with. I can also see an improvement to start the season because Love is out and Andrei honed his skills in a competitive European league. Also, Kirilenko was very good in the Olympics.

So I drafted him on my fantasy team as a sleeper hit in the 12th round.
LedeniZZZ
Senior
And1: 172

Re: Kirilenko's impact 

Post#2 » by LedeniZZZ » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:16 pm

I think that Aldelman loves his defensive presence and he is more that usefull on offensive end of the court as well, especially with his good passing ability so he will have plenty of minutes. Even more now when Love is out. If Williams keep to play hot and cold Kirilenko will have I think the one of his better season's in last couple of years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JKfZA-kMjo
call for unattainable beauty
maljanNBAfan
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#3 » by maljanNBAfan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:35 am

LedeniZZZ wrote:I think that Aldelman loves his defensive presence and he is more that usefull on offensive end of the court as well, especially with his good passing ability so he will have plenty of minutes. Even more now when Love is out. If Williams keep to play hot and cold Kirilenko will have I think the one of his better season's in last couple of years.

Most definitely he will!
guille_4
Sixth Man
And1: 845

Post#4 » by guille_4 » Thu Nov 8, 2012 8:10 am

I'm loving what I'm seeing from him. He is such a great player. His teammates must be thrilled to have him, he's a borderline allstar that does not demand the ball on offense, brings great effort and energy on the defensive end and is extremely efficient. Can't wait to have Ricky back.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#5 » by Dewey » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:11 pm

guille_4 wrote:I'm loving what I'm seeing from him. He is such a great player. His teammates must be thrilled to have him, he's a borderline allstar that does not demand the ball on offense, brings great effort and energy on the defensive end and is extremely efficient. Can't wait to have Ricky back.

Agree ... not too high - not too low - know his job ... we know what we will get effort and IQ from him every night, win or lose. If his game approach does not rub off on DW, then DW is likely gonna end up in the N.B.D.L.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#6 » by Killboard » Thu Nov 8, 2012 5:17 pm

Im impress with his sportmanship. The guy is a never surrender type of player. Is like Admunson or Dante, but with like you said before, borderline allstar talent. That is no easy to get in the NBA. With a distributor like Ricky this team will be uber flashy, old school team. I cant wait too see that double behind the back passes.
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#7 » by Vindicater » Thu Nov 8, 2012 8:48 pm

I like his shot fakes.

I don't think I have seen a defender stay down for one yet. Opens up his drives so nicely.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Post#8 » by eyeteeth » Fri Nov 9, 2012 12:33 am

He's amazing. Though I will say that for fantasy purposes, he will biff sometimes because so much of what he does is "doing the little things right."

The thing that strikes me every time I watch is that he has the most well-rounded game of any non-superstar that I've ever seen. There is nothing he can't do well. Drive the lane? Check. Pass? You bet. Defense? Oh my goodness, yes. Hit the 3? Yeah, he can do that too. Score in transition? Oh yes. Set a screen? Sure, why not. Toss an ally-oop? Yup!

Absolutely zero weaknesses in his game. It's amazing.
PhinneasGage
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#9 » by PhinneasGage » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:03 am

eyeteeth wrote:He's amazing. Though I will say that for fantasy purposes, he will biff sometimes because so much of what he does is "doing the little things right."

The thing that strikes me every time I watch is that he has the most well-rounded game of any non-superstar that I've ever seen. There is nothing he can't do well. Drive the lane? Check. Pass? You bet. Defense? Oh my goodness, yes. Hit the 3? Yeah, he can do that too. Score in transition? Oh yes. Set a screen? Sure, why not. Toss an ally-oop? Yup!

Absolutely zero weaknesses in his game. It's amazing.

I was gonna say, I love all the little things he brings to the game. After Pek got hurt against the Mavs, when they were making a run and it looked like the Wolves were going to (understandbly) fade down the stretch, Cunningham lined up for a jump ball and AK ran around the outside of the circle and pretty much stole the possession. He does more little things that play a HUGE role in the outcome of games than anyone I've ever seen.
Gob: The real problem is that she keeps saying that God is going to show me a sign. The... something of my ways. Wisdom?
Michael: It's probably wisdom.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Post#10 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:05 am

“@talkhoops: Asked Kirilenko if he gets tired. He said, "Sometimes. You know, I'm Russian. Sometimes we're tough."”
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
AK47MVP
Starter
And1: 1,590

Post#11 » by AK47MVP » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:13 am

Here is quick numbers to digest from today's game. He played 44 min and had +8 on +/- stat. Wolves lost by 2, meaning 4 minutes AK was resting Bobcats won by 10. Here is your impact of AK47.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#12 » by AQuintus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:23 am

AK47MVP wrote:Here is quick numbers to digest from today's game. He played 44 min and had +8 on +/- stat. Wolves lost by 2, meaning 4 minutes AK was resting Bobcats won by 10. Here is your impact of AK47.

And those 4 minutes were the 4 minutes that Will Conroy played.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#13 » by Murphs56 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:37 am

Where would this team be without AK-47 is the question?

AK-47 is playing at an all-star level for this team right now. Every possession he has to touch the ball and assume the role of not only scorer but sometimes primary ballhandler. A lot of times, I feel his teammates just stand around hoping he's going to bail them out and make a play. It's going to be pretty amazing when this team is healthy and the 100% focus of opposing defenses isn't on him. I just hope we stay afloat long enough for that to happen.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,203

Post#14 » by babyjax13 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Andrei in his prime was something to behold. It's great to see him playing at a high level again; it's just too bad his career got derailed.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
AK47MVP
Starter
And1: 1,590

Post#15 » by AK47MVP » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:34 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Andrei in his prime was something to behold. It's great to see him playing at a high level again; it's just too bad his career got derailed.

It is ironic that this post comes from poster who has picture of a person who is most to blame for that.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves