All Advertising Questions

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,259

Re: All Advertising Questions 

Post#121 » by Sothron » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:03 pm

I use current Firefox and when I come to the site and start reading threads I get completely redirected to random sites saying

"Congratulations! You are the (local city I live in) daily winner!"

The only way to get away from the ad is to leave the site completely and come back. Which, I might add, only delays that ad from coming back.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#122 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:21 pm

My home and PC are very clean. Never any redirects until a week ago or so. Now both have a redirect one only one link of RealGM. It is only when I click on the link called "Forums." It goes to that daily winner thing.

But, I figured a way around that redirect. If I hover over Forums link and then go to the drop down to the Team or General Discussion link, I don't get the redirect. Evidently, some virus/trojan has either infected RealGM servers or this is a paid advertisement for them. I hope that helps.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Post#123 » by Howard Mass » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:10 am

Please let us know if there are any further problems.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Post#124 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:30 pm

Hey, there are new ads I am seeing that actually cover the typing space. It covers some of the options on the postreply so it makes inserting youtubes more difficult. There are ways to go around it, but it is really unappealing. Ads should not spill outside the top corner and the sides, and if they do, their should be a clear way to close them
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 227

Post#125 » by CR Reina » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:29 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:Hey, there are new ads I am seeing that actually cover the typing space. It covers some of the options on the postreply so it makes inserting youtubes more difficult. There are ways to go around it, but it is really unappealing. Ads should not spill outside the top corner and the sides, and if they do, their should be a clear way to close them

Are these on the desktop version or on the app? A screenshot would be helpful because I haven't seen any instance where the ad is beyond its borders into the regular site. Thanks!
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#126 » by Jake0890 » Tue May 7, 2013 11:52 pm

Okay, so just today there's been an add at the top right of the forums that takes up some space and blocks my view. I don't know if it's just me, or what, but it's annoying.

Here's a picture:

EDIT: I realize it doesn't fit on the screen, you'll just have to open it in a new tab. Sorry.
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#127 » by CR Reina » Thu May 9, 2013 6:31 pm

Jake0890 wrote:Okay, so just today there's been an add at the top right of the forums that takes up some space and blocks my view. I don't know if it's just me, or what, but it's annoying.

Here's a picture:

EDIT: I realize it doesn't fit on the screen, you'll just have to open it in a new tab. Sorry.

Have you had this issue repeatedly? It appears as though the box ad is serving multiple times. What browser are you using?
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#128 » by Jake0890 » Thu May 9, 2013 8:32 pm

Just the day of my post. I was on Google Chrome.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#129 » by Howard Mass » Tue May 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Jake,

Please let us know if the problem persists.

Thanks!

Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#130 » by Jake0890 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:32 am

Howard Mass wrote:Jake,

Please let us know if the problem persists.

Thanks!

It's already gone now, no worries. :D

Sorry about posting without investigating further, was kind of a kneejerk reaction.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#131 » by Howard Mass » Mon May 20, 2013 3:46 am

Jake,

You have nothing to be sorry about.

We love the feedback you have been giving us.

If you see something or have any feedback for us, please let us know.

BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#132 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Oct 3, 2013 9:41 pm

The Commercial in the box to the right of the Wiretap has had commercials with sound every once in a while for days now. The most common one I remember is the one which says "Tenet" on it with the attractive Asian lady talking. Also, I clicked on "View Posts" then tabbed over to another window. 3-5 minutes goes by and then all of a sudden that same commercial goes on with sound on its own. This is the "Tenet" commercial.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#133 » by CR Reina » Mon Oct 7, 2013 4:53 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:The Commercial in the box to the right of the Wiretap has had commercials with sound every once in a while for days now. The most common one I remember is the one which says "Tenet" on it with the attractive Asian lady talking. Also, I clicked on "View Posts" then tabbed over to another window. 3-5 minutes goes by and then all of a sudden that same commercial goes on with sound on its own. This is the "Tenet" commercial.

I've tested this a few times and no sound automatically began for me. There may be something with your settings that clearing your cookies would clear out.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#134 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Oct 7, 2013 4:56 pm

CR Reina wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:The Commercial in the box to the right of the Wiretap has had commercials with sound every once in a while for days now. The most common one I remember is the one which says "Tenet" on it with the attractive Asian lady talking. Also, I clicked on "View Posts" then tabbed over to another window. 3-5 minutes goes by and then all of a sudden that same commercial goes on with sound on its own. This is the "Tenet" commercial.

I've tested this a few times and no sound automatically began for me. There may be something with your settings that clearing your cookies would clear out.

Ironic, happened again today. I wasn't even on the page as I was in another tabbed page. It just did it on its own. And, I ran all spyware including Symantec anti-virus programs we have here at work. I didn't take the time to figure which advertisement is running.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
CoachKobe
Rookie
And1: 312

Post#135 » by CoachKobe » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi admins, is there a way to turn this "Personalized for you" stuff off?
I've never had a problem with it although the news were old and nothing for my personal interest.
But now it suddenly has begun to slow down the whole browsing process. It takes up to 30 second for each page to load with the "Personalized..." stuff.
Did you change anything? Because I don't have this effect on any other site.
And I understand that you have to make money etc, but 30 seconds for each page? That's not okay.

edit: just took 2 minutes to load the last page of the Gasol/young PG thread, do you have a new deal with Sports On Earth?
Come on, I know that my PC is not the fastest but this is like the slowest site I've ever visited. I'm off, PM me when you fix that, that is not acceptable.
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#136 » by CR Reina » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:56 pm

We'll get in touch with them on this, but we're not seeing any slowness in our tests.

CoachKobe wrote:Hi admins, is there a way to turn this "Personalized for you" stuff off?
I've never had a problem with it although the news were old and nothing for my personal interest.
But now it suddenly has begun to slow down the whole browsing process. It takes up to 30 second for each page to load with the "Personalized..." stuff.
Did you change anything? Because I don't have this effect on any other site.
And I understand that you have to make money etc, but 30 seconds for each page? That's not okay.

edit: just took 2 minutes to load the last page of the Gasol/young PG thread, do you have a new deal with Sports On Earth?
Come on, I know that my PC is not the fastest but this is like the slowest site I've ever visited. I'm off, PM me when you fix that, that is not acceptable.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#137 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Ya'll really need to reign in these Advertisements with sound. There are two now that just start giving sound after a couple minute go buy if you are not staying on the page. I just got the "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2" commercial a 3 minutes after I was doing work away from the PC surprising people at work and my boss.

That is not Cool at All!

I looked at the Advertisement and the Sound Icon had an "X" thru it as if sound was turned off. So, I had to turn the advertisement sound on and off even though it said it was off in the first place.

FYI. This happens with a few of your advertisers after a few minutes go by. This is getting old being I am mainly on your site at work.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
J~Rush
Head Coach
And1: 28

Post#138 » by J~Rush » Mon Nov 4, 2013 9:52 pm

I'm getting these ads with sound as well. It's always the smaller ad space next to the realgm wiretap from what I've seen so far.
e
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#139 » by Howard Mass » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:01 am

Are you still getting these sound ads?

Please let us know.

sixsixsix
Freshman
And1: 63

Post#140 » by sixsixsix » Thu Jan 2, 2014 1:26 pm

How do they personalize the "Personalized for you" section? The whole lower row seems to be just hunting stuff. I don't hunt, and really don't enjoy seeing dead animals when I am reading about basketball.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions