Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

OKC trades James Harden 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:29 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/article/22 ... nder_Model

With the trade of James Harden to the Rockets and the Thunder getting back K-Mart, Jeremy Lamb, and some future picks does the move make the Thunder anymore competitive that they already are?
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Re: OKC trades James Harden 

Post#2 » by vanjulio » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:47 pm

pretty unbelievable if you ask me. I always thought Durant and Westbrook forced the USA coaching staff to keep Harden on the team instead of Rudy Gay or Greg Monroe, someone more valuable to the team. but guess not since OKC was willing to trade their friend like this before the extension talks could get down. I am surprised definitely. I don't think it's a GReAT trade for OKC but could be really great for Houston long term. OKC is in sorta win-now mode and has to compete for a title. Kevin Martin could be useful ... though he's no james harden is he?
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:39 pm

This move was looked at two ways. (1.) Both James Harden and Serge Ibaka were both restricted free agents who were both due new contracts at the same time. They both were intregal(sp) to the Thunder's success along side KD and Westbrook. (2.) Considering that OKC is a small market like Memphis is, the move to keep Harden became more impossible to retain. Who was cheaper to keep Ibaka or Harden? Ibaka was retained by the Thunder. Harden, despite Presti's attempts to resign him to a reasonable contract. They simply did not have the cap space to resign Harden to the deal he was looking for. So they had to make the inevitable trade. Didn't realize it was going to be Houston to come out of the trade.

As for what the Thunder got back in the trade, K-Mart will help out the Thunder out offensively plus be a salary relief when his contract comes off the books next July. Jeremy Lamb is probably the main reason why the Thunder traded for him in the first place. He looks to be the future piece that the Thunder wish to invest in at this time.
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#4 » by vanjulio » Fri Nov 2, 2012 1:59 pm

NBA.com poll has 71% voters saying Houston will make the playoffs this year with James Harden.

Kevin Martin didn't look too bad for OKC last night but it's funny seeing HOU 1-0 and OKC 0-1. This will be interesting to track.

I like your theory about Jeremy Lamb, but it would hold water better if he was a good player. UCONN was terrible. I like Drummond in the NBA but Lamb is Dleague.
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
boogiesdad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 52

Post#5 » by boogiesdad » Fri Nov 2, 2012 8:22 pm

I think this will end up being a great trade for both teams. Harden may prove to be more valuable than anyone ever imagined.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies