Bulls fan here. Just wanna say u guys are awesome!

Moderator: bwgood77

bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Bulls fan here. Just wanna say u guys are awesome! 

Post#1 » by bearadonisdna » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:13 am

I like the buzz around here ;)
Good luck to both our teams.
redhornrampage
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Bulls fan here. Just wanna say u guys are awesome! 

Post#2 » by redhornrampage » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:22 pm

AD is going to be so special. But not in a traditional superstar sense. Unlike other superstars, AD will get his stats through cleaning up other player's mistakes, players on his team and his opponents. No, the coach isnt going to feed the ball down low to AD possession after possession, his strength is moving without the ball, coming out of nowhere like a cat and blocking shots in times where opponents were sure he was nowhere near. His strength will be offensive rebounds. His strengths will be put backs. He might be able to score upwards of 20-22 pnts a game without expecting many plays ran for him. He could very well be a backbone to a dynasty in 5-6 years from now...

The most important thing is patience. NO, he isnt gonna come out firing up shots. Think a taller longer armed Dennis Rodman not a young Kevin Garnett.
Beard
Sixth Man
And1: 28

Post#3 » by Beard » Wed Aug 1, 2012 8:54 pm

Sixers fan here and wanted to echo other comments by saying I think you guys have a great core and great future.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#4 » by cpfsf » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:50 am

Your future Hornets mod agrees (I'm currently on the 10 year waiting list).

This is a team that is not a one trick pony. Rivers, Gordon, Anderson, and Davis are long term solutions. Two of those guys are on rookie contracts, so there will be plenty of flexibility in the future. On that topic, the organization has the ability to offer a max contract next season, or more realistically just find several uses for their available cap space. Used in addition to their probable 10th pick in the 2013 draft and you can see this is a team built for the future.

My hope is that this teams adds an established 2/3 defender by next season, but they can still upgrade virtually any position.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#5 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Eric Gordon is going to be unstoppable next year. Book it. Will make Harden look average.
Lucky Striker
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#6 » by Lucky Striker » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:03 pm

I'm definitely not convinced about Davis. Seems too thin and weak to handle the rigors of the NBA game. I see him as a potential perennial league leader in bpg, and he'll be a fan favorite due to his highlight reel dunks. But his lack of post game and his body to play inside is going to be what will keep him from being a franchise player.

I think next year he puts up something like 12/7/3bpg but struggles badly in giving up a lot on defense in the post and his lack of offensive prowess will show itself.

Maybe he develops a great post game (he's a quick learner, it seems) but he's GOT to put on 25-30lbs. I don't think that's as automatic as fans might expect.

Gordon is fantastic at what he does. Reminds me of Mitch Richmond.

Rivers is a wild card. Has what it takes to be a top-10 scorer, but that doesn't mean he will help his team to wins. He needs to show that he can pass and make his teammates better and not just score. I think NO would've been better off with a pass first PG as their starter and Rivers as the scorer off the bench so that they could spread the ball around more, but I do think he could become an elite offensive player.

Anderson is a good shooting big man. He has a lot to prove now that he isn't getting wide open looks with Dwight Howard on the court. Should be interesting. I'm not sold on him.

There are some nice role players that are running around on the team, like Vazquez, J.Smith, Robin Lopez, Lance Thomas, etc. It will be exciting to watch and see if these young guys can grow into a cohesive unit. If they can get that dominant traditional center-- someone similar to Roy Hibbert-- then they could really be onto something.
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#7 » by NikolaPekovic » Fri Sep 7, 2012 12:08 am

wolves fan here. u guys are my second favorite team in the west. and a really good core with a good coach.. the sky is the limit for u guys
Lucky Striker
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#8 » by Lucky Striker » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:52 pm

Do people in New Orleans not have computers?
Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Post#9 » by Newyorknick94 » Mon Oct 8, 2012 5:52 am

Can't wait to see Austin rivers I really like his game.
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,199

Post#10 » by LewisnotMiller » Thu Nov 1, 2012 1:57 am

Overall, I reckon your front office is doing a nice job. Couple of question marks for me...

1) Ryan Anderson...why? He can fill a role, but I'm not sure it's a role you guys need. A stretch 4? Would have preferred a more physical type. And I'm not sure you have anyone capable of drawing a double, particularly down low. Hope he's a better all-rounder than I suspect.

2) Austin Rivers. Again, it's more a question of fit. I actually don't hate the pick, just want to see how they integrate him. IN terms of talent, makes sense though, and you can only assume they have a defined role for him.

But I'm watching a New Orleans game tonight, and the effort is good, and there is some talent there. Couple of years, I think it might be a strong team, particularly if Gordon can get healthy.
Bee-Fense
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#11 » by Bee-Fense » Mon Nov 5, 2012 4:30 am

LewisnotMiller wrote:Overall, I reckon your front office is doing a nice job. Couple of question marks for me...

1) Ryan Anderson...why? He can fill a role, but I'm not sure it's a role you guys need. A stretch 4? Would have preferred a more physical type. And I'm not sure you have anyone capable of drawing a double, particularly down low. Hope he's a better all-rounder than I suspect.

2) Austin Rivers. Again, it's more a question of fit. I actually don't hate the pick, just want to see how they integrate him. IN terms of talent, makes sense though, and you can only assume they have a defined role for him.

But I'm watching a New Orleans game tonight, and the effort is good, and there is some talent there. Couple of years, I think it might be a strong team, particularly if Gordon can get healthy.

1. I think the long term idea is to have Anderson/Davis as the starting PF and C. Regardless, even if things stay the way they are, Anderson is one of the most hyper efficient players in the NBA. In the past couple of seasons, the Hornets have struggled mightily to shoot the 3. Anderson should address the need with great success. Additionally, his ability to stretch the floor gives the team an excellent dynamic. It allows us to play match ups however we want. We can play Davis at the 3 since Anderson will make up for the spacing and Davis can guard most SF's. We can play Davis at the center position while Aminu can make up for some size and rebounding.

2. I think their idea is to definitely transform him into a PG that can also slide over to the SG. I still have some questions about the pick, but I really do think he ends up being a PG based on what I've seen. I still question how he fits with Gordon, but maybe the team doesn't plan on keeping Gordon longterm. We'll have to see. I don't think it'll be perfect, but I don't think there was a better option at #10.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,199

Post#12 » by LewisnotMiller » Fri Nov 9, 2012 12:07 am

Bee-Fense wrote:1. I think the long term idea is to have Anderson/Davis as the starting PF and C. Regardless, even if things stay the way they are, Anderson is one of the most hyper efficient players in the NBA. In the past couple of seasons, the Hornets have struggled mightily to shoot the 3. Anderson should address the need with great success. Additionally, his ability to stretch the floor gives the team an excellent dynamic. It allows us to play match ups however we want. We can play Davis at the 3 since Anderson will make up for the spacing and Davis can guard most SF's. We can play Davis at the center position while Aminu can make up for some size and rebounding.

2. I think their idea is to definitely transform him into a PG that can also slide over to the SG. I still have some questions about the pick, but I really do think he ends up being a PG based on what I've seen. I still question how he fits with Gordon, but maybe the team doesn't plan on keeping Gordon longterm. We'll have to see. I don't think it'll be perfect, but I don't think there was a better option at #10.

Heya...thanks for the considered response.

So, you might be right on the Anderson/Davis frontcourt...but purely in my position, yuck! As much as I love Davis, I think you need to pair him with a physical player for a large portion of his time on court, and that's not just this year, but ongoing. That let's him roam more, which is where the combination of timing and athletic ability defensively are compelling. Anderson strikes me as a good bench option, someone who can play spot minutes with Davis, or at SF, as well as be the primary backup behind Davis. Which makes him useful, imho, but means you overpaid. I actually like the Lopez signing, as a short term thing at least, and I agree with your point that Aminu provides some options and coverage. Meh, nothing against Anderson, he can play, but still not sold on the fit and reasoning.

As for Rivers...yeah, you make a lot of sense. He has some of the skills a PG requires, and would be a pretty good third guard, playing plenty of minutes at both spots, perhaps. And the Gordon situation is clearly something that COULD change, although I hope he just gets over his injuries and settles in at NO. He could be right up there in talk of the best SGs in the league, given his ability, and the weakness at that spot. And in terms of talent at the #10 spot, I concur.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans