Greivis Vasquez

Moderator: bwgood77

fraanciiscoo
Head Coach
And1: 176

Greivis Vasquez 

Post#1 » by fraanciiscoo » Thu Sep 6, 2012 12:35 am

do you think he could do the job? his last 2 months last season was way more than i could expected right now he got the job so will he turn out like a stud or flop?

Thoughts
anti-troll
Sophomore
And1: 1

Re: Greivis Vasquez 

Post#2 » by anti-troll » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:28 pm

I'd say he's better than Austin at playing the point right now. Vasquez actually involves other players with his plays. Austin is playing more like an off guard instead. I don't see Vasquez as a starter on a contender but he's not a bad option for the Hornets at they rebuild their franchise.
JoeyH
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#3 » by JoeyH » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:16 pm

He is better than Austin at playing the point, but the reason Rivers is playing like an off guard is because he is playing off guard while Gordon is injured.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#4 » by JohnVancouver » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:20 pm

GV became a fav of mine when he was with the Grizz - I think he can really shine with you guys.
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#5 » by vanjulio » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:19 am

Vasquez is one of the top 30 point guards in the NBA. Austin Rivers is an unproven prospect. I seriously doubt he will make the NBA. I think it was a very bad draft pick for New Orleans. I predict he will have a good Euro career or perhaps be a less than average backup.

I am watching the New Orleans versus Miami game on ESPN. I would like to know everyone else's opinion. Normally I really like Jeff Van Gundy but I think he has turned racist. he keeps calling greivis "VAS-KWEZ" and his partner. I have never heard him called this before. It sounds derogatory. On the Grizzlies we always called him Greivis "VAS-KEZ". not "KWEZ". Van Gundy and the other eSPN announcers should know this. I think they are intentionally calling him as a racial slur. Can someone else shed some light on this subject to me? Is "VAS-KWEZ" something you've heard and is that normal?
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#6 » by ManualRam » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:26 am

vanjulio wrote:

I am watching the New Orleans versus Miami game on ESPN. I would like to know everyone else's opinion. Normally I really like Jeff Van Gundy but I think he has turned racist. he keeps calling greivis "VAS-KWEZ" and his partner. I have never heard him called this before. It sounds derogatory. On the Grizzlies we always called him Greivis "VAS-KEZ". not "KWEZ". Van Gundy and the other eSPN announcers should know this. I think they are intentionally calling him as a racial slur. Can someone else shed some light on this subject to me? Is "VAS-KWEZ" something you've heard and is that normal?

are you being serious? what is racist about mispronouncing a player's name? he's making the mistake and pronouncing the letter Q as you would in english which makes the sound "kw-" as in the word "question."
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,199

Post#7 » by LewisnotMiller » Thu Nov 1, 2012 10:31 am

vanjulio wrote:Vasquez is one of the top 30 point guards in the NBA. Austin Rivers is an unproven prospect. I seriously doubt he will make the NBA. I think it was a very bad draft pick for New Orleans. I predict he will have a good Euro career or perhaps be a less than average backup.

:o

Anywhooos...
I like his game. You guys get sick of him, send him over to the Celts. We're kinda overloaded at guard, but the thing I like about Vasquez is he actually plays POINT guard. You can see when he's passing the ball that he's trying to make it as easy as possible for his teammates to score. Soft, catchable balls when he can, not always trying to make spectacular plays, just trying to set up guys for shots they can hit.

I don't think he'll ever be more than a solid starter at the NBA level...he can probably get burned a little at the defensive end by some of the athletic freaks playing at the position, and might not be a good enough scorer to really scorch teams, but yeah...I rate him.
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#8 » by LamarMatic7 » Thu Nov 1, 2012 8:40 pm

He really had something going there in the first half. Too bad the young guys couldn't keep it up for another 24 minutes. But Vasquez really impressed me with his performance.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans