Thoughts on Eric Gordon injury

Moderator: bwgood77

Rondo2Hondo
Banned User
And1: 40

Thoughts on Eric Gordon injury 

Post#1 » by Rondo2Hondo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:04 pm

I feel invested in this guy... he was the only Clipper I liked, and he landed on two of my fantasy teams. He seems like a likable guy. I was happy when the Hornets got him, so I'd be able to cheer for him without the pain of watching Clippers games.

Anyway, to the point, Gordon is annoying the hell out of me with the constant knee issues. When is this guy going to be healthy? It sounds like he needs knee surgery again.... there is no other outcome. First he's out due to soreness, then he's day to day, then out indefinitely. He seems injury prone, and he is not earning that contract at all. I say this as someone who has had ACL reconstruction, and I know how hard it is to come back from knee injuries (I played at a professional level in my home country, and trialed for a team in another foreign country).

Gordon needs to go get this issue fixed, and the team needs to stop being so secretive. What is his issue exactly?

All I know is he's about to be traded or waived from both of the teams I have him on.
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,061

Re: Thoughts on Eric Gordon injury 

Post#2 » by Hoopz Afrik » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:25 pm

I'm sorry to hear that because the guy can hoop. I remember when he was on Mean Streets w/ Derrick Rose and they really shut the circuit down. Hopefully he can bounce back soon. On the bright side, this is going to force some of the youngers guys to step up and play some meaningful/effective minutes. Good luck on the season.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
raps_aviator
Pro Prospect
And1: 208

Post#3 » by raps_aviator » Thu Nov 1, 2012 5:47 am

When is he back? Is he back this week? He was supposed to play in the opener.
TMIMITW
Sixth Man
And1: 1,258

Post#4 » by TMIMITW » Thu Nov 1, 2012 3:56 pm

Personally I feel that EG, as good as he could be, wasnt worth the extention. I think that was a loomis and benson making a dumb decision again. My reasons are...

1) EG was still hurt and not healed when he got his contract (Prove something First!!)
2) He didnt want to be here, and truly wished that NO wouldnt match The Suns (Be proud to be apart of Whodat nation)
3) We have the best corner pieces in Davis and Rivers (Similar to Green and Durant in Seatle) Build around them and get better and stronger together.
4) Have money and jump in that crazy 2014 free agency sweepstakes with two good players with years under there belt and a lot of money!!!!

My thoughts only

WHODAT ALL DAY!!!
Kevin Durrant is the best WNBA player in the NBA!
Jodi
Banned User
And1: 52

Post#5 » by Jodi » Thu Nov 1, 2012 10:20 pm

Pistons fan here, I come in peace...Would you guys trade Eric Gordon to the Pistons for Maggette(expiring), Austin Daye, and Will Bynum(expiring)...I think the Pistons trainers could get Gordon back in shape and he'll fit nice with Brandon Knight...We could offer expiring contracts and a young player(Daye) to grow with Davis...
nahom1319
Veteran
And1: 707

Post#6 » by nahom1319 » Fri Nov 2, 2012 5:54 pm

Raptors fan offering Demar + Ed + Jose (expiring to make # work).
Dr Mufasa wrote: I wouldn't bet any of my personal money on Valanciunas being in the NBA after his rookie contract.
<--- May 22 2012
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx14 ... -THG-1.gif
raps4589
Pro Prospect
And1: 28

Post#7 » by raps4589 » Fri Nov 2, 2012 6:50 pm

Jodi wrote:Pistons fan here, I come in peace...Would you guys trade Eric Gordon to the Pistons for Maggette(expiring), Austin Daye, and Will Bynum(expiring)...I think the Pistons trainers could get Gordon back in shape and he'll fit nice with Brandon Knight...We could offer expiring contracts and a young player(Daye) to grow with Davis...

lol thats a troll..... eric gordon for nothing is pretty much your offer
raps4589
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by raps4589 » Fri Nov 2, 2012 6:52 pm

hey ive looked on the wire tap and theres an article "•Eric Gordon Hasn't Requested Trade From Hornets" whats the deal with this? are they accusing gordon of faking an injury? if this is so do players do this? could eric gordon be pulling a vince carter in terms of pretending to be injured while his agent works him a deal to a team he wants to play for
raps4589
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by raps4589 » Fri Nov 2, 2012 6:54 pm

nahom1319 wrote:Raptors fan offering Demar + Ed + Jose (expiring to make # work).

im a raps fan aswell, and if that deal were offered to me, id have to pull the trigger, even with gordons injury status, hes just too good to pass up, we would be small backcourt since gordon is a shorter player than demar, but he would make up for it with his three point shot, his ability to get to the line, and just be a flat out better player than demar is, we wouldnt be missing ed and we would get out of jose's deal
raps4589
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by raps4589 » Fri Nov 2, 2012 9:54 pm

raps4589 wrote:hey ive looked on the wire tap and theres an article "•Eric Gordon Hasn't Requested Trade From Hornets" whats the deal with this? are they accusing gordon of faking an injury? if this is so do players do this? could eric gordon be pulling a vince carter in terms of pretending to be injured while his agent works him a deal to a team he wants to play for

nevermind, i just see a new wiretap that he will probobly need surgery
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,445

Post#11 » by Stix » Fri Nov 2, 2012 11:43 pm

Awwww Fiddlesticks! What a shame. 8-)

:lol:
Jodi
Banned User
And1: 52

Post#12 » by Jodi » Sat Nov 3, 2012 12:17 am

raps4589 wrote:
Jodi wrote:Pistons fan here, I come in peace...Would you guys trade Eric Gordon to the Pistons for Maggette(expiring), Austin Daye, and Will Bynum(expiring)...I think the Pistons trainers could get Gordon back in shape and he'll fit nice with Brandon Knight...We could offer expiring contracts and a young player(Daye) to grow with Davis...

Actually it's an expiring contract deal...The Hornets get plenty of cap space at the end of season and Austin Daye to play behind Aminu...This deal is better than the crap Toronto has to offer...Demar is officially overpaid now, Ed Davis is a bust, and Calderon is injury prone...8-)
raps4589
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by raps4589 » Sun Nov 4, 2012 10:18 pm

Jodi wrote:
raps4589 wrote:

Actually it's an expiring contract deal...The Hornets get plenty of cap space at the end of season and Austin Daye to play behind Aminu...This deal is better than the crap Toronto has to offer...Demar is officially overpaid now, Ed Davis is a bust, and Calderon is injury prone...8-)

wow this is the biggest troll....u would do that deal?
Bee-Fense
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#14 » by Bee-Fense » Mon Nov 5, 2012 3:49 am

TMIMITW wrote:Personally I feel that EG, as good as he could be, wasnt worth the extention. I think that was a loomis and benson making a dumb decision again. My reasons are...

1) EG was still hurt and not healed when he got his contract (Prove something First!!)
2) He didnt want to be here, and truly wished that NO wouldnt match The Suns (Be proud to be apart of Whodat nation)
3) We have the best corner pieces in Davis and Rivers (Similar to Green and Durant in Seatle) Build around them and get better and stronger together.
4) Have money and jump in that crazy 2014 free agency sweepstakes with two good players with years under there belt and a lot of money!!!!

My thoughts only

WHODAT ALL DAY!!!

Loomis isn't even the GM of the team. Stick to the football side of the city.
raps_aviator
Pro Prospect
And1: 208

Post#15 » by raps_aviator » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:38 am

Any updates? Wasn`t he supposed to be back this month

Return to New Orleans Pelicans