ImageImageImageImageImage

New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,435

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#141 » by j4remi » Fri Nov 2, 2012 1:00 pm

NYK Mentality wrote:
j4remi wrote:Btw, no one has said anything about Gameday threads...It's the PRESEASON...thus, no Game Day Threads. \.

Whats the excuse now? Opening day, I created a thread for NBA Gameday (10-30-2012) and guess what? it gets MERGED with a cluster fk of a thread. I wanna talk about NBA games per night, not what's mixed in between what happened 7-21 days ago.

Regular season, and gameday threads getting merged? What a horrible rule. Thanks for taking alot of the fun we all had on this site. We all loved the gameday threads. Thanks guys.

I didn't do it, so I'm not sure the exact reasoning, but checking out the thread around the nba thread, there's a nice full discussion about the Thunder Spurs game which would have been Gameday thread stuff...and flows just fine. It's not difficult to follow at all. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't really see it as that complicated a situation...go to the last page and there's usually ample discussion about NBA games that are current.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
BOOMbip
Banned User
And1: 170
Location: The views expressed are intended for entertaiment purposes only

Post#142 » by BOOMbip » Tue Nov 6, 2012 7:10 am

Here's the problem with the clusterfluck that is called the 'around the nba' thread... you have to click all around the different pages trying to find the beginning of each days games to read the commentary on that day's games. Then arguments that bleed over from previous days mix in and it's turns into the mess that it is.
NYK Mentality
Banned User
And1: 25

Post#143 » by NYK Mentality » Tue Nov 6, 2012 9:06 am

BOOMbip wrote:Here's the problem with the clusterfluck that is called the 'around the nba' thread... you have to click all around the different pages trying to find the beginning of each days games to read the commentary on that day's games. Then arguments that bleed over from previous days mix in and it's turns into the mess that it is.

Exactly what I've been saying. It's a cluster fk. Even if we update the thread title, letting it be known which page the new games start; this still doesn't change the fact that old arguments from 2-3 days ago will come to light.

I love what the mods have done around here, it's not an easy job. Not on the Knicks board it's not. And because of that? These guys have my utmost resepct. Truth be told, I couldn't imagine a New York sports message board without these guys working hard on a daily basis. They help create for a better fan experience.

With all that said, the around the NBA thread is a great thread for trade rumors, actual trades, injuries, standings, players saying this and/or that through the media etc, etc; but it's the wrong place for gameday threads. No doubt about it. No questions asked. The wrong place. I was shocked, more like disappointed, once the NBA gameday thread that I created was locked and/or merged during opening night of our 2012-2013 season.

During nights that the Knicks play? I won't create any around the NBA gameday threads. But from here on out, starting tomorrow, I'll start to create them once again (as I did last season) with hopes that it won't get locked and/or merged. There was one night, where the Knicks weren't playing, where a poster created an all-around the NBA game thread. It was beautiful. Over 20 pages before, once again (I believe) getting merged into the all around the league thread. The beautiful thing about gameday threads (per night) is this...

You get a good 20-40 strong pages of basketball talk. After that the thread then dies off onto the 2nd page. And from there, it's dead for good (until the next night of basketball takes place). I miss our gameday threads...
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#144 » by Rasho Brezec » Tue Nov 6, 2012 11:24 am

I agree with both of the above posts.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#145 » by j4remi » Tue Nov 6, 2012 4:30 pm

I'll talk to the rest of the mods and see what we can come up with, I wouldn't mind seeing game day threads but this experiment hasn't gone on long so let me see what everyone thinks.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

BOOMbip
Banned User
And1: 170
Location: The views expressed are intended for entertaiment purposes only

Post#146 » by BOOMbip » Tue Nov 6, 2012 4:40 pm

'Around the NBA' thread for merging all the endless threads of Lin talk, Nugs talk and other OT-NBA talk..... 'gameday' thread for the game talk each day. It's quite simple really.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#147 » by j4remi » Tue Nov 6, 2012 4:43 pm

BOOMbip wrote:'Around the NBA' thread for merging all the endless threads of Lin talk, Nugs talk and other OT-NBA talk..... 'gameday' thread for the game talk each day. It's quite simple really.

I don't think people will complain if we do that, but if only a handful of people are struggling to cope with the around the nba thread while it's working fine for majority of the posters...maybe it's not worth the change. It's something that has to be discussed amongst the mods and more input from other posters would be nice as well.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#148 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Nov 6, 2012 4:43 pm

BOOMbip wrote:'Around the NBA' thread for merging all the endless threads of Lin talk, Nugs talk and other OT-NBA talk..... 'gameday' thread for the game talk each day. It's quite simple really.

Understood.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
NYK Mentality
Banned User

Post#149 » by NYK Mentality » Tue Nov 6, 2012 5:53 pm

j4remi wrote:

I don't think people will complain if we do that, but if only a handful of people are struggling to cope with the around the nba thread while it's working fine for majority of the posters...maybe it's not worth the change. It's something that has to be discussed amongst the mods and more input from other posters would be nice as well.

Lets have a poll on our first page. Keep the poll up for 1 day (24 hours). Enough said.

Poll question: Gameday threads outside of the all around the NBA thread. yes, or no.

99.9% will vote yet. End of stroy.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#150 » by j4remi » Tue Nov 6, 2012 6:00 pm

Or you could just relax while the mods discuss what to do next. Just have a little patience with us. It will be addressed shortly and I'm thinking everyone will be pleased.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

NYK Mentality
Banned User

Post#151 » by NYK Mentality » Tue Nov 6, 2012 6:16 pm

j4remi wrote: Or you could just relax while the mods discuss what to do next. Just have a little patience with us.

I am relaxed bro, just discussing questions and concerns (what this thread was created for). But what's the problem with creating a thread with an actual poll in order to see where our fan base stands? You stated yourself, that it's something that has to be discussed amongst the mods and more input from other posters would be nice as well. There is no better way for input from our posters, than a poll. We want input from our fan base? Fine, then let's create the thread (poll). You've even stated below, that gameday threads would be allowed come the regular season, no?

j4remi wrote: Btw, no one has said anything about Gameday threads...It's the PRESEASON...thus, no Game Day Threads.

I wanna enjoy our gameday threads once again, without being involved in a thread that's over 100 pages long with old arguments from 2-3 days ago coming to light while we're trying to talk NBA basketball games.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#152 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Nov 6, 2012 6:24 pm

NYK Mentality, we're talking about it right now.

Just have a little patience, we'll get there to something I'm sure everyone can live with.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#153 » by j4remi » Tue Nov 6, 2012 6:47 pm

Keeping it simple, if people felt that strongly they would have done what you guys did and posted here (hence my more input comment). We've gotten a few opinions about what to do next, but we're discussing a couple of things.

I told you we'd discuss it today and we've literally been discussing it, beating the dead horse isn't gonna speed up the process...calm down and give us a while to get a consensus.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,352

Post#154 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Nov 7, 2012 1:40 am

j4remi wrote:Keeping it simple, if people felt that strongly they would have done what you guys did and posted here (hence my more input comment). We've gotten a few opinions about what to do next, but we're discussing a couple of things.

I told you we'd discuss it today and we've literally been discussing it, beating the dead horse isn't gonna speed up the process...calm down and give us a while to get a consensus.

Honestly I didn't see a problem with one thread... posts are timestamped with the date so finding out what days games are being discussed is rather simple.
Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Post#155 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Wed Nov 7, 2012 8:32 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
Honestly I didn't see a problem with one thread... posts are timestamped with the date so finding out what days games are being discussed is rather simple.

It's took hard to do that apparently too much reading and logic involved.
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
gethigh
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#156 » by gethigh » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:23 pm

I have a question. Why do some of the mods on this forum hate the team and root against it?
Vorikan
Junior
And1: 77

Post#157 » by Vorikan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:17 pm

I would try to trade Stat for Gasol,i think that D'Antoni would want Stoudemire in Lakers uniform
-Stat&Nash were the most important players in Suns,with D'Antoni as a coach.He is also great in P&R with Nash.
-He is faster than Gasol,we all know that Lakers are probably gonna play fast in new system Run and gun.
-I've been reading some speculations that D'Antoni is not the biggest fan of Gasol,he is to slow for him.
Knicks would get:
-We all know that Stat and Anthony are not playing good together,not the right chemistry
-Gasol is more of a all-around player than STAT,he can fit in many sistems
-He is a better rebounder,better defender aswell.

I think that this is a win-win situation for both teams,it's worth a try at least especially if Gasol is not gonna fit in D'Antoni system and if Melo and Amare will struggle again together on the court.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#158 » by Rasho Brezec » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:31 pm

Something needs to be done about posters who keep bringing up those who don't post here anymore and discuss them. I usually read the postgame thread when I wake up but it's really annoying having to browse through pages of posts by old women bitching about posts from other boards. How pathetic must you be to go to sites other than RealGM to track down what former posters are saying and then bring that **** here?
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#159 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:07 pm

if you see it, then report it. the posts that i have seen, i end up giving them a warning.
E86
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,057

Post#160 » by E86 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:52 pm

It's really annoying when Rasho posts. Since individual opinions of what is annoying is cause for reporting, should I report him every time he posts?

Return to New York Knicks