Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,576

Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI) 

Post#381 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:16 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn4aDaEwHEg[/youtube]
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#382 » by lobishome » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:01 am

Klomp wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn4aDaEwHEg[/youtube]

Is his brother working for the wolves?
BamBam9
Junior
And1: 11

Post#383 » by BamBam9 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:09 pm

I don't think so, his friends have practicing ever been also with him.

And what is the name of the second song??
Yes We Kahn
Bench Warmer
And1: 18

Post#384 » by Yes We Kahn » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:56 pm

BamBam9 wrote:And what is the name of the second song??

The One
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#385 » by Klomp » Tue Nov 6, 2012 5:22 pm

Ricky Rubio ‏@rickyrubio9
Gotcha!!!! The young Toni Kukoč is tired! #rookieproblems. http://instagr.am/p/RrVtWeRd20/

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#386 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 8, 2012 6:46 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM6ep0VaLZ8[/youtube]

(JJ needs to slow down)

Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#387 » by Vindicater » Thu Nov 8, 2012 7:49 am

I just keep thinking that RUbio must be looking out on the court at all the good off the ball movement and passing...

He must be salivating to have AK/Bud/Shved to pass to instead of Beasely/Johnson/Ellington.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
BUANIX
Freshman

Post#388 » by BUANIX » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Any news from his recap?

Now he is in a criticual time,... (according to my personal experience :roll: ) He should be forcing a little bit... increasing the load in lateral movementes... jumping and so on. In the next few day we will know if he will be able to come back in december or he will need an extra month.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#389 » by Foye » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:01 pm

Klomp wrote:(JJ needs to slow down)

:lol:

This reminds me of something. I know a guy from Chile and he said one day he was in Madrid and he couldn't understand anything because they speak so fast there. :lol:
cojayar
Junior
And1: 106

Post#390 » by cojayar » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:24 pm

Foye wrote:

This reminds me of something. I know a guy from Chile and he said one day he was in Madrid and he couldn't understand anything because they speak so fast there. :lol:

Spanish is a language that is spoken very fast. Specially in Spain.

Only in one country it is spoken very slowly. Guess what. In Chile.
So, a Chilean in Spain has to get used to twice to three times the speed.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#391 » by Klomp » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:27 pm

Oh I'm used to hearing Spanish spoken fast. My sister's in laws are Puerto Rican, and our families were close growing up. When they are talking amongst themselves in Spanish,I can usually pick up on a few key words, but I'm not fast enough to understand everything they are saying.

BUANIX
Freshman

Post#392 » by BUANIX » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:15 am

cojayar wrote:
Foye wrote:

Spanish is a language that is spoken very fast. Specially in Spain.

Only in one country it is spoken very slowly. Guess what. In Chile.
So, a Chilean in Spain has to get used to twice to three times the speed.

To be honest I disagree with you... :(

Spanish is a language that is spoken like any other else... I have been living in English spoken countries.. spanish spoken, french spoken and in Bangaldesh... and all the languages are spoken very fast... It depends on who is speaken... JJ speaks fast... but I think that he also do ir in English... RR speaks quite slowly...

And ia can give you couple of examples of Americans in the same way...
codigoman
Senior
And1: 321

Post#393 » by codigoman » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Here is a link for a report about Ricky in Spanish, with an interview, use a traslator.

http://www.marca.com/2012/11/15/balonce ... 61080.html
cojayar
Junior
And1: 106

Post#394 » by cojayar » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:55 pm

BUANIX wrote:To be honest I disagree with you... :(

Spanish is a language that is spoken like any other else... I have been living in English spoken countries.. spanish spoken, french spoken and in Bangaldesh... and all the languages are spoken very fast... It depends on who is speaken... JJ speaks fast... but I think that he also do ir in English... RR speaks quite slowly...

And ia can give you couple of examples of Americans in the same way...

I do not need examples. I mean on average. And I have not found anybody who was confronted to native Spanish speakers and did not mention the thing about the speed.

And not, JJ does not speak fast. It is an average or even low speed what he does.

To close the topic I went to check my friend google. According to the journal language, Spanish is the second fastest language of the world behind Japanese. The study also says that this is due to the "information density" of the language and that at the end what you can say in one minute is more or less the same in all analyzed languages.

Here is an article of Time about this study. Case closed?

http://www.time.com/time/health/article ... 77,00.html
nurseryc
Analyst
And1: 1,236

Post#395 » by nurseryc » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:34 pm

Any word on when Rubio is back? Is he back this season, where is his injury at?
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#396 » by Basti » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:15 am

He will be back this season. That's for sure. Not exactly sure, though, when he'll be back. The latest I read (some weeks ago) was mid-late December, maybe January.
codigoman
Senior
And1: 321

Post#397 » by codigoman » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:57 am

Here in Spain, the reporters of NBA said during a match that is probable that Rubio wants to play at the Madison the 23rd of december, if all go well, near this date. But i will no surprise if he returns in January, because the absolut priority for him and for Minnesota is not to relapse.

Some post before i put a link with a report and an interview with information, for example they say that is tabu for the timberwolves members to talk about the date of his return.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#398 » by Tirion » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Timberwolves coach Rick Adelman said Sunday that Rubio has been something approaching another coach in the early days of the season. He's been talking to rookie guard Alexey Shved especially, Adelman said, talking him through games and practices, and perhaps that's part of the reason for Shved's early success.

Speak to Shved about Rubio, and his eyes get just a little wider. Rubio is nearly two years younger, but you'd never know it, what with the accent and the braces and the general rawness to all that is Alexey Shved. And to the Russian, he's Ricky Rubio, the European sensation, whom Shved has been hearing about for years from afar. While Shved was a talented European prospect, Rubio was the best, the brightest, the coveted NBA golden boy, and to be on a team with him now, learning from him and playing somewhat in his place must be a lot for Shved to process.

Shved said that Rubio is most helpful during games, when he can tell the younger player during timeouts or between quarters what to do in specific situations. He'll correct errors, point out what the rookie is doing well or how he needs to adjust. The two talk at practices, too, but it's bigger-picture stuff then, Shved said, and right now, those in-game pointers are what he needs most.

"He is a smart player and knows everything," Shved said. "He's young, but he played at a high level a long time, and he's very smart for his age. For sure he help me every time in a game. Sometimes maybe I don't do what I need, but he tell me about that, and I start thinking about oh, it's true. I need to do sometimes like this."

He knows everything. Talk to Shved about Rubio, and you'll hear that multiple times. It's likely a trick of the language barrier, but some toned-down version of Shved's admiration of the point guard's knowledge is duplicated throughout the team. Rubio has gone, in the span of a year, from unknown to overhyped to appropriately hyped to now one of the team's best basketball minds.

Adelman believes it. Kevin Love, too. This kid is smart, they all say. Really smart. And when you think about it, he'd have to be, to do what he did last year when he came into the NBA, to see the court as he does and react as he reacts. It's not all about innate, God-given skills with the Spaniard. It's about watching and learning, and what he's done from the sideline this season is already beginning to show.

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/11/21/12/ ... eedID=5930
funfactor
Junior
And1: 76

Post#399 » by funfactor » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:01 am

Thanks for the link, it seems that we are all (press included) waiting for see those two on the court! (at the same time or Rubio at start and Shveddy off the bench, both ways works just fine for me)
BamBam9
Junior
And1: 11

Post#400 » by BamBam9 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:51 pm

Commercial for Adidas/Foot Locker. His knee looks well :tooth

http://www.marca.com/2012/11/23/balonce ... 72391.html

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves