2013 Sleepers

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,376

Re: 2013 Sleepers 

Post#81 » by jowglenn » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Christian Watford is getting completely ignored. Late 2nd round or completely undrafted in some mocks I've seen.

The guy has good NBA size, great scoring abilities, good shooter. He's like, robert horry 2.0 ffs.
Indy2thaWindy
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#82 » by Indy2thaWindy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:31 am

Watford rarely ever shows up on D. Too skinny to defend 4's and 3's and not quick enough too guard 2's or 1's. His spot up shooting and shooting off the dribble will get him drafted most likely, but he's pretty awful most nights on D. Some nights he looks decent, but Zeller has to cover for him a lot.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#83 » by TheGoodDoctor » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:27 am

I'm not sure he qualifies as a sleeper per say but I feel like Kyle Anderson is being so badly overlooked by most draft boards. I don't see why he's not projected top 10 especially in a crappy draft like the one next year. This kid has "ol' man" game.
crgreen
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#84 » by crgreen » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:39 am

ManualRam wrote:
TayP wrote:Who are the best pure shooters in this draft?

depends who declares, but there arent many.

alex abrines (int'l)
cj wilcox (jr)
allen crabbe (jr)
sean kilpatrick (jr). imo, he's more streaky than pure.
dre hollins (soph)

not sure i would call caldwell-pope a pure shooter. pure shooters usually have pretty good shot selection. his is terrible.

Pure shooter, true sleeper - If Shabazz's problems cost him his whole frosh year, then Jordan Adams of the Bruins likely gets those minutes and a chance to shine. He's going to be a MAJOR player - just depends on if he plays behind 'Bazz this year and shines next season, or has the spotlight (and is on the receiving end of Kyle Anderson's passes) this year.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,068

Post#85 » by sisibilio » Thu Oct 4, 2012 12:47 am

I wouldn't call Abrines a pure shooter and i doubt he'll declare next season.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
joseph mamah
Starter
And1: 178

Post#86 » by joseph mamah » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:21 pm

anyone know why Brandon Ashley isnt getting much love? he looks like a potential lottery talent to me, but I dont see his name mentioned in any mocks.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#87 » by ManualRam » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:13 pm

joseph mamah wrote:anyone know why Brandon Ashley isnt getting much love? he looks like a potential lottery talent to me, but I dont see his name mentioned in any mocks.

he's an undersized PF or a tweener who's game has stagnated over the past yr. plus he'll be playing in a frontcourt with good depth so he won't be able to put up gaudy numbers. out of the 3 bigs in 'zona's class, he's probably the 3rd best.
i think he's a 3 yr player. after those 3 yrs im not sure what he'll be. seems like he's got his mind set on being a SF, but i haven't seen anything from his game to suggest that he'll be able to transition to the position.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,765

Post#88 » by Upperclass » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:44 pm

JT Terrell @ USC. Reminds me of a smaller JR Smith, with slightly better IQ. If he performs well statistically, he has to be late lotto. Much better prospect than a guy like Waiters imo.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#89 » by ManualRam » Thu Nov 8, 2012 6:59 am

it's just the exhibition season but montrezl harrell has arguably been the best player for the louisville cardinals. kid is a beast with a non-stop motor. reminds me of k.faried. he's slightly undersized height-wise for the PF position but he's got a monster wingspan. he'll likely be the 3rd big for the cards but he should get plenty of minutes to be productive.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
SkyMason21
Junior
And1: 79

Post#90 » by SkyMason21 » Thu Nov 8, 2012 5:25 pm

ManualRam wrote:it's just the exhibition season but montrezl harrell has arguably been the best player for the louisville cardinals. kid is a beast with a non-stop motor. reminds me of k.faried. he's slightly undersized height-wise for the PF position but he's got a monster wingspan. he'll likely be the 3rd big for the cards but he should get plenty of minutes to be productive.

Trez is actually the starting PF for the moment. Pitino's been saying he will be starting for the louisville's first game this Sunday. Chane Behanan is in the doghouse but Harrell might be able to keep the job as starting PF.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#91 » by ManualRam » Thu Nov 8, 2012 7:02 pm

SkyMason21 wrote:
ManualRam wrote:it's just the exhibition season but montrezl harrell has arguably been the best player for the louisville cardinals. kid is a beast with a non-stop motor. reminds me of k.faried. he's slightly undersized height-wise for the PF position but he's got a monster wingspan. he'll likely be the 3rd big for the cards but he should get plenty of minutes to be productive.

Trez is actually the starting PF for the moment. Pitino's been saying he will be starting for the louisville's first game this Sunday. Chane Behanan is in the doghouse but Harrell might be able to keep the job as starting PF.

what did behanan do? has he just been outplayed by harrell?
behanan's a nice player in his own right
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#92 » by Ruzious » Thu Nov 8, 2012 8:49 pm

On the first post in this thread, Dez Wells was mentioned - with a very good description. Yesterday, the NCAA reversed their previous ruling and granted him immediate eligibility. In just 2 days, he makes his debut with Maryland against Kentucky, and Maryland is likely going to be pumped out of their minds trying to show that they are back - under Coach Turgeon - plus they want to show the Harrison twins what they're going to miss (It was between KY and MD for them.). And it'll be a fun game to check out how good KY's freshman are.
Edit - actually, the game is tonight - 8:30 Eastern time.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
SkyMason21
Junior

Post#93 » by SkyMason21 » Thu Nov 8, 2012 11:34 pm

ManualRam wrote:
SkyMason21 wrote:

what did behanan do? has he just been outplayed by harrell?
behanan's a nice player in his own right

Pitino said Behanan didn't put in the amount of effort he expected in the offseason, and Trez outplayed him and won the starting spot.

Behanan also has been having some off the court issues that got him suspended for an exhibition game and is currently banned temporarily from talking to the media. But from what I've heard its nothing big.
Expeditious
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#94 » by Expeditious » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:26 am

I'm a Kentucky homer, but I think Willie Cauley-Stein will surprise a lot of people this year. I wasn't expecting much from him this year, since he was ranked in the 30s by the recruiting guys and didn't put up big stats in high school (12 ppt, 4 rpg), but he has been impressive in the two exhibitions I've watched in person. He's a very athletic 7-footer (noticeably 1-2" taller than Noel) who plays hard, gets a lot of deflections, and runs the floor like a deer. He is still very raw offensively, but it seems like he has good instincts. He played a bunch of sports in high school and now that he is focusing solely on basketball, I think he is going to develop quickly. I expected him to be at Kentucky for 2-3 years at least, but now I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a late first rounder in the 2013 draft. If he sticks around for his sophomore year, I think he'll be a borderline lottery pick after starting for what is looking like a loaded Kentucky squad.

I've been a little underwhelmed by Alex Poythress. He looks the part of a pro physically, but he isn't as active and aggressive as I'd like. I'm hoping he is just going through an adjustment period as he transitions to the college game, but so far the projections as a top 5 pick look overly optimistic.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#95 » by No-Man » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Cauley-Stein and Whitey will earn their money in the NBA, 8-10m$ easily
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#96 » by ManualRam » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:55 am

i was already high on him, but glenn robinson III looks even better than i though he'd be. athletic, smart, knows how to pick his spots and his shot looks better than i thought as well. i think he's already better than tim hardaway jr.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
SkyMason21
Junior

Post#97 » by SkyMason21 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:12 am

ManualRam wrote:i was already high on him, but glenn robinson III looks even better than i though he'd be. athletic, smart, knows how to pick his spots and his shot looks better than i thought as well. i think he's already better than tim hardaway jr.

Definitely better than Hardaway Jr. I thought Glen was going to be good his freshman year but if he plays this smart and effectively all year he'll be a lock for the first round.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#98 » by MagicFan32 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:13 am

Patric Young, I like his defensive upside, he has an NBA ready body, very athletic i think this is the year he makes the jump!
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,809

Post#99 » by Klomp » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Nate Wolters (6'4", 193 lbs.), PG, South Dakota State - Scored 30 pts (10-15 FGs, 5-6 3pts) vs. Alabama. Key matchup will be 12/4 vs Minnesota.

Might not be a 1st rounder at the end of the day, but played in same conference as George Hill, so who knows...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DylmZMmPrk[/youtube]

Coming out party last season:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XYRK61RfHo[/youtube]
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#100 » by No-Man » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:42 am

JORDAN ADAMS

Best Bruin right now by far.

Return to NBA Draft