Not sure what to make of that.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Wiz trade Shard and 2nd rounder for Okafor and Ariza-Par 

Post#122 » by hands11 » Thu Nov 8, 2012 8:23 pm

tontoz wrote:
hands11 wrote:Not sure why is always amazes me how people take things so out of context but it does tend to be the same posters who do it.

I said, This (Vesely) is our franchise player. This kid will be the heart of the team by next year. So until next year happen, stuff it. Besides, it is my gut feeling and I have been very frustrated by what have have seen from Wall this year. What the hell do you care. Its a prediction about next year.

If you think I really care what you think, think again. For you to tell me my post are laughable is laughable considering the bunk you post. I have tried to play polite with your post but if you are going to came at me like this, I'm not going to bother. You want to drag the board down with this kind of bickering between posters, then lets do it.

viewtopic.php?f=35&p=29763863

Context is your friend. Go a few pages earlier and read and keep reading the rest of the thread the next 5-10 pages. There were plenty of Ves love and it wasn't me being the loudest voice.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:06 pm from the Vesely Thread
sfam wrote:I may the only one left who is excited to see what this kid can do. Most seem to have already declared him a bust. I don't get it. Give the kid a chance - he might be the next coming of, well, Vesely.

Hands11
Nope. I am jazzed to see the kid play. From what I saw in limited action in that one game, I think he has great court awareness and he knows how to cover his man defensively. And he showed good form on the one outside shot he took. A player with good to great basketball IQ at the 4 is something this team really needs.

I think he is really going to help this team. And not just with skills on the court. I think he brings something with his personality. I think the fans are going to love him. I predict he will take some of the star attention from Wall and I think that will be good for Wall.

Wall has had way to much of a spot light on him. Some diverted attention will be good for him so he can focus on his game and calm down some. And Wall to Vesely and McGee is going to be pretty cool to watch.

The fun basketball is still ahead of people. I know people are frustrated but I predict we will get to see something that we can get excited about before the season is over.

Vesely, Singleton and Mack are all key to the culture change and all seem like solid people and players with basketball IQ. Add Mason, Mo and Ronny and this team will show a lot more maturity. Plus they have Lewis who is mature.

I don't believe what we have seen the first two games is going to resemble what they will look after they have 10-20 games under their belts.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,824

Post#123 » by tontoz » Thu Nov 8, 2012 8:27 pm

Context from a post that was made 4 days earlier? LOL
hands11
Banned User

Post#124 » by hands11 » Thu Nov 8, 2012 8:40 pm

Give it 10-20 games and I think we could see some major adjustment. We could see Dray or McGee or both coming off the bench.

Ves could start with Dray at center. Or with McGee or with Ronny.

Only time will tell.

But that is what is ahead for this team. The only known starter in my book for the year are Wall and Nick. Singleton could do it whenever but he can also come off the bench. Lots to figure out.

no D in Hibachi
Anyone have any updates on Jan? I'm looking for him to be the glue guy to bring together this mess.

---
hands11 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:13 am
Vesely Vesely Vesely

Where is that video ?

---
The kid hadn't even played his first game and the strike was just over. Hell yeah I was pumped to see him play. The team started 1-12. And this was right in the middle of Wall playing hero ball after and off season of playing those pick up games instead of working on actual skills.

--- so then I posted.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:48 pm
This is our franchise player. This kid will be the heart of the team by next year.

Very solid choice by Ted/EG and the right pick at #6.

Players like Kemba, Brooks and several other would have been solid picks but when you can get a 6-11 that has that heart, fire and skill, you go for that. They are the ones harder to find.

Another draft of solid personalities like we had last draft and this team will be in a lot better shape. If you can get them in trade, do that also.

--
5 games into the season with the team 0-5 and looking like ass.

So would I posts that again at that time with the players they had and how they were playing. Yeep.
At that point, I wasn't even sold that they would keep Wall since I saw no sign of improvement in his approach. Now that was maybe short sighted but that was my position and IIRC CCJ as well. Maybe some others. So no, I will not run from that post at that time in that context.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#125 » by tontoz » Thu Nov 8, 2012 8:44 pm

You said Vesely would be our franchise player before he had even played his first regular season game. :lol:
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#126 » by TGW » Thu Nov 8, 2012 9:07 pm

Hands--you are truly the gift that keeps on giving.

Well...I'm not going to hate on Hands...you cannot question his loyalty to this team.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 359

Post#127 » by Benjammin » Thu Nov 8, 2012 10:31 pm

Sometimes I think Hands is a Bot, but I've enjoyed too many games in chat with his comments. There's something to be said for loyalty. I just hope that Teddy Ballgame is giving him some love for that undying support.
hands11
Banned User

Post#128 » by hands11 » Thu Nov 8, 2012 11:44 pm

tontoz wrote:You said Vesely would be our franchise player before he had even played his first regular season game. :lol:

Limited picking at the time. They were dark time for sure. Specially after the strike :D

Thank God we have a better team now.

But for the record. I haven't give up on Ves developing into a nice player.
hands11
Banned User

Post#129 » by hands11 » Thu Nov 8, 2012 11:45 pm

Benjammin wrote:Sometimes I think Hands is a Bot, but I've enjoyed too many games in chat with his comments. There's something to be said for loyalty. I just hope that Teddy Ballgame is giving him some love for that undying support.

He pays me to try to keep you guys standing like a strong tree in a storm. Season tickets :wink:
hands11
Banned User

Post#130 » by hands11 » Thu Nov 8, 2012 11:51 pm

tontoz wrote:Context from a post that was made 4 days earlier? LOL

Yes. The conversation that was getting posted.
And who was on the team at the time.
And when they started to play.
And how John looked.

Yes, that is context.

What, are you on God time and 4 days is more then half the time it took to build the world.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#131 » by tontoz » Fri Nov 9, 2012 12:44 am

hands11 wrote:

And how John looked.

Yes, that is context.

What, are you on God time and 4 days is more then half the time it took to build the world.

LOL Vesely hadn't even played a game yet. How's that for context?

Wall averaged 16/8 as a rookie playing injured most of the season and after 5 games (with no summer league, no training camp or preseason) you dismiss him as a franchise player in favor of a guy who hadn't played regular season game?

Context doesn't do you any favors. :lol:
McGully Culkin
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#132 » by McGully Culkin » Fri Nov 9, 2012 1:13 am

Is it possible to trade Hands to another board or give him a DNP-CD?
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#133 » by mhd » Fri Nov 9, 2012 1:27 am

Imagine if the Wiz simply bought out Lewis and signed Mayo in FA. It would have allowed Beal time to mature as a 6th man. Moreover, Mayo has enough ball handling skills to be an ideal 3rd guard.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#134 » by tontoz » Fri Nov 9, 2012 1:29 am

McGully Culkin wrote:Is it possible to trade Hands to another board or give him a DNP-CD?

:lol:

Not sure we could get much in a trade. We'd probably have to take on a bad contract.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#135 » by closg00 » Fri Nov 9, 2012 2:57 am

tontoz wrote:
hands11 wrote:Not sure why is always amazes me how people take things so out of context but it does tend to be the same posters who do it.

I said,This (Vesely) is our franchise player.This kid will be the heart of the team by next year. So until next year happen, stuff it. Besides, it is my gut feeling and I have been very frustrated by what have have seen from Wall this year. What the hell do you care. Its a prediction about next year.

If you think I really care what you think, think again. For you to tell me my post are laughable is laughable considering the bunk you post. I have tried to play polite with your post but if you are going to came at me like this, I'm not going to bother. You want to drag the board down with this kind of bickering between posters, then lets do it.

viewtopic.php?f=35&p=29763863

:lol: Sig-worthy
hands11
Banned User

Post#136 » by hands11 » Fri Nov 9, 2012 3:00 am

tontoz wrote:
hands11 wrote:

And how John looked.

Yes, that is context.

LOL Vesely hadn't even played a game yet. How's that for context?

Wall averaged 16/8 as a rookie playing injured most of the season and after 5 games (with no summer league, no training camp or preseason) you dismiss him as a franchise player in favor of a guy who hadn't played regular season game?

Context doesn't do you any favors. :lol:

Actually it does but I'm not surprised that you don't see it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, well jump on over to the Wall thread and read some Indy and CCJ. They think that today.
hands11
Banned User

Post#137 » by hands11 » Fri Nov 9, 2012 3:02 am

mhd wrote:Imagine if the Wiz simply bought out Lewis and signed Mayo in FA. It would have allowed Beal time to mature as a 6th man. Moreover, Mayo has enough ball handling skills to be an ideal 3rd guard.

Imagine if people would get over the fact that they didn't and moved forward. Imagine them waiting till Wall and Nene returning to see how the team looks.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#138 » by tontoz » Fri Nov 9, 2012 3:02 am

hands11 wrote:

Actually it does but I'm not surprised that you don't see it.

Yeah, well jump on over to the Wall thread and read some Indy and CCJ. They think that today.

They think Vesely will be the franchise player? I doubt it. :lol:
hands11
Banned User

Post#139 » by hands11 » Fri Nov 9, 2012 3:04 am

tontoz wrote:
McGully Culkin wrote:Is it possible to trade Hands to another board or give him a DNP-CD?

:lol:

Not sure we could get much in a trade. We'd probably have to take on a bad contract.

Hey Tonto

The :lol: police are coming to your house to band your :lol: rights for abuse.

You over use of :lol: kind of :lol: you think that :lol: somehow makes a :lol: case.
hands11
Banned User

Post#140 » by hands11 » Fri Nov 9, 2012 3:06 am

tontoz wrote:
hands11 wrote:

Actually it does but I'm not surprised that you don't see it.

They think Vesely will be the franchise player? I doubt it. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Washington Wizards