Clutch stats and +/- stats for Michael Jordan

Moderator: Doctor MJ

Gregoire
Analyst
And1: 534

Clutch stats and +/- stats for Michael Jordan 

Post#1 » by Gregoire » Thu Nov 8, 2012 10:29 am

Who can give me some info about individual SRS, +/- stats and clutch stats from MJ era? saying 90-2003 years? Thanks.
Heej wrote:
These no calls on LeBron are crazy tho. A lot of stars got foul calls to protect them from the league. The refs literally Nerf LeBron to protect the league. That's gonna be one of the most enduring takes for me from his career. :lol:
blabla
Sophomore
And1: 76

Re: Clutch stats and +/- stats for Michael Jordan 

Post#2 » by blabla » Thu Nov 8, 2012 12:17 pm

There's no such thing as individual SRS.
There's a project on APBR to construct an artificial version of RAPM for the 90s, but it's a work in progress
http://apbr.org/metrics/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8067
SideshowBob
General Manager
And1: 6,253

Re: Clutch stats and +/- stats for Michael Jordan 

Post#3 » by SideshowBob » Fri Nov 9, 2012 12:47 am

By individual SRS, I assume you're referring to Elgee's Simple In/Out numbers. There really is no database for those figures, but you can calculate them yourself for Jordan. All you have to do is look at the [SRS] performance of the Bulls in Games that Jordan played in, and compare it to the games he didn't play in. Be sure to try to control for key players missing time as well, as not doing that can skew the results.
But in his home dwelling...the hi-top faded warrior is revered. *Smack!* The sound of his palm blocking the basketball... the sound of thousands rising, roaring... the sound of "get that sugar honey iced tea outta here!"

Return to Statistical Analysis