ImageImageImageImage

Trade Big Baby Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect
And1: 225

Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#1 » by Bo Outlaw » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:53 am

Nicholson > Big Baby.

Glen Davis thinks he Michael Jordan. He's fat. He's a ballhog. He is allergic to passing. He's fat. He annoys me when he doesn't pass. He's fat. He's fat.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#2 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:55 am

:lol:

Yeah I do hope we can get rid of him. For a guy talking about playing under a "team culture," he sure plays selfish.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#3 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:55 am

I'll give you a ham sammich, bag o chips and a can of soda.

Wait. BBD Gun Prove Ya'll Wrong!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by Bo Outlaw » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:59 am

I hope for a 1st rd pick in return, but I'm so desperate I would take a 2nd rd pick.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#5 » by OrlandO » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:07 am

What's the matter? Commenting "I hate Davis" every 2 minutes in the game threads wasn't enough for you? You constantly complain when Davis takes 20+ FGA and the game stays close, but when he takes half as many shots and we get blown out twice it's equally his fault, right? What about when he's benched or out with injury and we still get blown out? It would be Davis' fault, right?
JasonBlanchard
Pro Prospect
And1: 218

Post#6 » by JasonBlanchard » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:22 am

Bo Outlaw wrote:I hope for a 1st rd pick in return, but I'm so desperate I would take a 2nd rd pick.

You are NOT desperate. I was willing to take 2 used basketballs
Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by Bo Outlaw » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:24 am

OrlandO wrote:What's the matter? Commenting "I hate Davis" every 2 minutes in the game threads wasn't enough for you? You constantly complain when Davis takes 20+ FGA and the game stays close, but when he takes half as many shots and we get blown out twice it's equally his fault, right? What about when he's benched or out with injury and we still get blown out? It would be Davis' fault, right?

He shot 13 shots tonight, but it was in 32minutes. Not to mention if he played the 4th he would have jacked up another 7 or 8 shots. In Minestota, he only played 18minutes and shot 2 for 9. In Chicago, he costs us the game thinking he was Ray Allen. Oh and By the Way, he was - 33 tonight, and -15 in Minnesota. Nicholson is playing better already.
Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by Bo Outlaw » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:26 am

Last 4 games
9 of 22
7 of 22
2 0f 9
4 of 13
BrianEvansfor3
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#9 » by BrianEvansfor3 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:26 am

It's true IMO so far Big Baby has been a Big Ball Hog. Also Ayon needs to play less and O'Quinn needs more playing time. Ayon has no athleticism at all.
Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by Bo Outlaw » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:30 am

Oh and I'm Rooting for Davis. I watched his "inside the Magic" video and seems he really had a tough life, but right now, he's exactly what this team doesn't need.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,113

Post#11 » by Def Swami » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:35 am

First they loved me, then they hate me, then they love me again...
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#12 » by MitchellUK » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:37 am

I don't know about trading him, but I do know the Davis we want is the one who threw himself on the deck to rip the ball away from Brook Lopez tonight, whilst the Davis we're getting the majority of the time is the guy who puts his head down and barrels his way to the paint before throwing up off-balance layups, or who insists on shooting jumpers from several feet outside of his range.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,113

Post#13 » by Def Swami » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:50 am

Davis is great when he is in a reduced role. But we actually count on him to score.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#14 » by KillMonger » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:01 am

If he keeps playing like he's on an Island then i think we should look into our options. For now i would scale his minutes back and play Nicholson more
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#15 » by OrlandO » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:22 am

Bo Outlaw wrote:
OrlandO wrote:What's the matter? Commenting "I hate Davis" every 2 minutes in the game threads wasn't enough for you? You constantly complain when Davis takes 20+ FGA and the game stays close, but when he takes half as many shots and we get blown out twice it's equally his fault, right? What about when he's benched or out with injury and we still get blown out? It would be Davis' fault, right?

He shot 13 shots tonight, but it was in 32minutes. Not to mention if he played the 4th he would have jacked up another 7 or 8 shots. In Minestota, he only played 18minutes and shot 2 for 9. In Chicago, he costs us the game thinking he was Ray Allen. Oh and By the Way, he was - 33 tonight, and -15 in Minnesota. Nicholson is playing better already.

He took 13 shots in 32 minutes, but if he played another few minutes he would have jacked up 8 more? Yeah, that math adds up.... Niko was -35, Ish was -25 in just 16 minutes, Redick was -26. In Minny all our starters were equally bad or worse in the +/- department. What's your point? And have you not noticed Davis is trying to pass more. Sure, he played 19 minutes in Minny, but he also had 4 assists in that time.. but let's glance over the effort he put in to be less selfish, amirite? Tonight, he had 5 assists through 3 quarters while it took our PG all game to get the same with 3x more turnovers.

Nicholson is not playing "better." He's scoring here and there off the bench, but his defense is atrocious. I can get on board with giving our offensively talented rookie more time, but you don't have to trade one of our only hustle players to do that.

Bo Outlaw wrote:Oh and I'm Rooting for Davis. I watched his "inside the Magic" video and seems he really had a tough life, but right now, he's exactly what this team doesn't need.

LOL you are not rooting for Davis... I don't care what you watched, you've been his biggest hater on this board this season. One bad shot early in the game and it's immediately "I hate Big Baby" or "he's my least favorite player in magic history." This is his first season starting at his natural position and whether you want him to or not he's expected to be a major contributor on offense each game. Does he not get time to learn, improve, adjust? Btw, I bet after the way we started, Davis and Redick are now at the top of every opponents' whiteboard.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#16 » by NEM » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:23 am

Three days ago, you all were saying how he might win mip... This board wins the award for most bipolar board in history... Relax, we are still playing without our three pretty much best players...
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#17 » by Horcy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:27 am

Bo Outlaw wrote:I hope for a 1st rd pick in return, but I'm so desperate I would take a 2nd rd pick.

You are not desperate, you are just a moron :roll:
You are not a magic fan dude...are you? really?

NEM wrote:Three days ago, you all were saying how he might win mip... This board wins the award for most bipolar board in history... Relax, we are still playing without our three pretty much best players...

It's sick!! How many of you can change dramatically in less than a week? pathetic.
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 837

Post#18 » by I Rasharted » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:49 am

You don't trade Davis. That man is a born tank commander. A glory to behold.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NU8nwkPOdM[/youtube]
basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#19 » by OrlandO » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:56 am

lol, "bo outlaw" got suspended?? Anyone know what he did? Please tell me i get to go at least one game thread without having to put up with his constant big baby bashing...
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,066

Post#20 » by SOUL » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:59 am

Big Baby isn't playing good and he isn't a #1 option. I don't mind him starting, but he needs to be talked to.

Return to Orlando Magic