Tyreke Evans for Klay Thompson

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Tyreke Evans for Klay Thompson 

Post#1 » by turk3d » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Evans a better fit with Curry, Thompson a better fit with Thomas. Improves both backcourts. Can move Thornton to starting 2 guard and bring Thompson off the bench. Tyreke brings more balance to Warriors backcourt and improves defense.

Edited:
Brandan Rush + Klay Thompson for Tyreke Evans + Tyler Honeycutt + #2 pick
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6155526
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Lin Your Face
Bench Warmer
And1: 48

Re: Tyreke Evans for Klay Thompson 

Post#2 » by Lin Your Face » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:46 pm

The general premise of this swap could work, but Sacramento would definitely need to add value since Thompson has the better contract. I have no idea what GS would be interested in from Sacramento. Maybe their 1st with a little protection?
Take a second to join a fantasy football freeroll to win $1000: http://www.draftstreet.com/l/fr_nfl2013.aspx?pid=118&r=gwater&subid=
Top 100 win cash.

The Supreme Court ruled fantasy sports gambling's legal.DraftStreet's in NY not the Caymans.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#3 » by loserX » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:47 pm

I agree that the fit is better, but I'm surprised that Warriors feel that the value is there. Especially since Evans is due to become a free agent, which is only going to make GSW's tax concerns next year all that much more dire.
SCourGe OF GoD
Assistant Coach
And1: 51

Post#4 » by SCourGe OF GoD » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:54 pm

Why turk? Thompson looks great ...cerebral dead eye shooter with good size and ok defense. Evans alonbe isnt enough value if im a warrior fan.

JR : Next Gen
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,332

Post#5 » by jowglenn » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Warriors decline.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,695

Post#6 » by gswhoops » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:54 pm

loserX wrote:I agree that the fit is better, but I'm surprised that Warriors feel that the value is there. Especially since Evans is due to become a free agent, which is only going to make GSW's tax concerns next year all that much more dire.

I can only speak for myself here, but I don't think the value is there (or even close really). Klay is in his second year and has already shown that he's much more conducive to playing winning basketball. Plus his contract situation is much better.

I would want some substantial sweetener coming from Sacramento before I considered an Evans for Klay swap.
jumpboi92
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#7 » by jumpboi92 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Since Tyreke is due for an extension, Kings would have to take back a contract.

Reke and Garcia(team option next year) & a 2nd for Klay and Jefferson?

Unfortunately Cavs have the rights for a Kings' future first because of the Hickson trade so we can't trade another one. And the 2nd rounder will surely be in the 30s.

If I recall correctly, Warriors did offer Ellis for Tyreke. So there still might be interest in pairing Reke with Curry
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#8 » by lakerhater » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:11 pm

GSW doesn't want Evans. He'll be asking for a substantial pay raise and he's just not worth the money his agent will be asking for. He's still a terrible perimeter shooter and is a ball dominant guard that doesn't know how to play effective team basketball.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#9 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:54 pm

I don't get this for GSW, Reke is awful.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,617

Post#10 » by Coxy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:00 am

Rather keep Thompson.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#11 » by turk3d » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:59 am

Thompson and Curry are too much alike. Good shooters but not so good defenders (Klay is probably an average defender and Curry below average). Evans is a way better defender at guard, and would give the Warriors someone who can drive to the basket and score the ball. This trade would bring better balance to the Warriors I believe. Not sure what should be the actual trade and open to suggestions.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#12 » by DLeagueAllStars » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:19 am

Uhmm suggestion is not to trade for the worse player.. Especially one who is looking for a pay raise, doesn't have a real position since he cant shoot and needs to have ball in his hands. That is back to bad basketball, but turk thats what ur used too, so i see ur logic. I dont agree, neither do other warrior fans.

You keep the longer guard, who can shoot, play better defense and guess what, us smart and diesnt need the ball for 20sec every set.

Reke is awful. Let some other team take him on and thompson can drive, he just hasnt been asked to

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach

Post#13 » by DLeagueAllStars » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:21 am

Oh going to add that evans has proven to be more injury prone too

BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#14 » by BossHoggin » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:24 am

What year is this? Evans isn't special anymore.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach

Post#15 » by DLeagueAllStars » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:25 am

Its called i have seen alot if kings game tyreke has not improved as a player or shooter

nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#16 » by nevetsov » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:09 am

Agree that it would improve both teams but for all the above reasons I can see Sac having to eat a contract like Beans (for perhaps Garcia and filler?) to make this work.
Gilles
Rookie
And1: 70

Post#17 » by Gilles » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:36 pm

Kyle Lowry got his outside shot when he was 25 after working on his shot very hard every summer. By all accounts this offseason was the first time Evans worked hard on improving outside shot. Evans is a good FT shooter just like Lowry.
Due to contract year Tyreke started to play defense every night and it shows.
Now how Thompson projects outside of shooting. As great a shooter and off-the-ball player as he is what else does he bring to the table?
For all the flaws in Evans' game right now it feels like everybody still expects him to still get close to max. I mean he's 12p+6r+3a player and not much better than Stuckey according to many people here.
Still Petrie loves those cute pure shooters and Maloofs adore cheap contracts so they would probably be all over this deal and throw a lot more in if they could - pick is locked after Hickson deal. From me "hell, no".
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#18 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:39 pm

He's not better then Stuckey at all really, no need to make it sound so ironic.

Lowry was a good player before he worked on his shot. Many of us here wondered aloud whether Memphis should have kept him over Conley years ago.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
PaKwAn
Veteran
And1: 1,529

Post#19 » by PaKwAn » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Reke sucks... No need for gsw to do this
Gilles
Rookie
And1: 70

Post#20 » by Gilles » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:59 pm

All I'm saying at 4 million per Kings are keeping Reke.

Return to Trades and Transactions