ImageImageImageImage

Who do we draft with our lottery pick?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Pancho_Pantera
Banned User
And1: 5

Who do we draft with our lottery pick? 

Post#1 » by Pancho_Pantera » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:46 am

Would like us to go with a big man again but tbh whoever is projected to be the next big thing.
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,840

Re: Who do we draft with our lottery pick? 

Post#2 » by JF5 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:54 am

I honestly don't care

Who ever will be a Superstar for this team for the future.

I think after that pick in the incoming years you draft more with more thought on position.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#3 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:00 am

Well you could go PG, if you don't think Moore can do it. Or you can go center if Vuvecic is not capable or moved. All other positions have nice young core.

PG Moore
SG Afflalo
SF Harkless
PF Nicholson
C Vuvecic

If you go Center, who do you like more Noel or Zeller? If you go PG, Kabongo or Ian Miller.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,696

Post#4 » by Viper1500 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:07 am

Our pick will be top 8, so you obviously go with the best player, no matter the position. This team has no all stars, no position is taken.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#5 » by AdamTheGreek » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:11 am

You guys are kind of jumping the gun.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#6 » by KillMonger » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:14 am

For me it's PG all the way. Ish is definitely not the answer and nelson god bless his heart but he seems like he gets injured every year man and he ain't getting any younger. Moore isn't a PG at the end of the day so to me there is a spot wide open for our PG of the future plus there is no bigs in this upcoming draft that intrigues me at all so i'm keeping my eye on the PG's in this NCAA season. Got my eye on Lorenzo Brown and a few others

Draft a PG and have Nelson groom him until it's his time to take over and then Nelson can transition to the bench that is if he's still here. If our pick is top 3 then we should go BPA but any lower than that i think we should consider needs a bit more.

In my opinion we don't need to worry about the Center position because i don't think any Big in this years draft is as valuable as Vucevic could end up being. Nicholson is in my opinion the real deal at PF so all he needs is time to get better so no need there at PF. Harkless has a lot riding on him so i doubt we get another SF prospect. Afflalo is going to be here for a while at SG so to me all there's left is PG
ahunterknight
Junior
And1: 4

Post#7 » by ahunterknight » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:15 am

Why would you draft a pg when it's the deepest position in the league I would honestly draft Noel even though I'm not that high on him and hope we get wiggins next year
Javanar
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#8 » by Javanar » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:05 am

NBA is full of power forwards, but quality centers are in short supply. Moreover this team is in trouble with rebounding. Too early to talk but getting a quality center in next years draft would be fantastic.
I am not a native English speaker...
SmiteaDwight
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#9 » by SmiteaDwight » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:51 am

The ranking of the prospects may change throughout the year. Last year Anthony Davis wasnt considered the best player until he proved it during the season at Kentucky.

No one''s position on the team is safe right now, so I think we take the best player regardless.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#10 » by MagicFan32 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:51 am

To early to tell
we'll probably trade for another first by the TDL.

Until I see someone better, Shabazz will remain no.1 but I like James McAdoo alot, and Cody Zeller is NOT a "white stiff" he's actually very athletic for his size.

I'm hoping Noel shows alot of improvement, or he's Thabeet 2.0

Wanna see more Harrow, CJ McCollum could be the Lilliard of the draft
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 324

Post#11 » by trebone » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:24 pm

take best available player. it will be the following draft where we have a chance at a top tier talent, as it looks now ther are no superstar players in this draft unless someone blows up during the NCAA season
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,010

Post#12 » by Driguez » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:37 pm

Nothing says "we suck" like a draft thread 6 games into the season. :)
"We all we got"- SVG
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#13 » by drsd » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:44 pm

NBAdraf.net has a story on potential PGs.
2013 NBA Draft: Top 10 Point Guard Prospects

Orlando looks to draft from 7-10, and that is quite above the depth expected for any PG or combo guard. The coming draft is seen as weak at the PG/combo-guard level.

mcaul55
Senior
And1: 33

Post#14 » by mcaul55 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:04 pm

SmiteaDwight wrote:The ranking of the prospects may change throughout the year. Last year Anthony Davis wasnt considered the best player until he proved it during the season at Kentucky.

No one''s position on the team is safe right now, so I think we take the best player regardless.

Don't know where this is coming from. He was the projected #1 pick since the McDonalds All American game in high school, no one ever wavered on that.
Tarot Magician
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#15 » by Tarot Magician » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:19 pm

BPA. Or if Orlando's pick is really high, tempt other teams with a Chris Webber for Penny+picks type of draft day trade.

If we were to select by position, I'd go for a defensive center. Slide Vucevic to 4 and run twin towers. Wouldn't be at the level of Duncan/Robinson or Sampson/Olajuwan, but it'd be an interesting setup to run.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#16 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:01 pm

As long as it is not someone that ends up being like Darko, Kwame or Thabeet, then I would be happy. There are no guarantees that players drafted become stars. That is why it is called a Lottery.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#17 » by BaunceyChillups » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:02 pm

drsd wrote:NBAdraf.net has a story on potential PGs.
2013 NBA Draft: Top 10 Point Guard Prospects

Orlando looks to draft from 7-10, and that is quite above the depth expected for any PG or combo guard. The coming draft is seen as weak at the PG/combo-guard level.

7-10? Only Detroit is worse than the Magic.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#18 » by Def Swami » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:35 pm

Always draft BPA. But hopefully it's a center with defensive tenacity or a point guard with potential.

Damian Lillard gives me hope. He wasn't on anyone's radar until late last season and then proved himself in workouts and the combine. He's showing he has what it takes to be a great point guard. It doesn't seem like a strong draft at the moment, but I hope a few gems emerge by the end of the season.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#19 » by KillMonger » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:21 pm

Reason why i say Guard is because that's what the league is now and going into the future. It's a guards league and with Nelson on the wrong side of 30 constantly injured i wouldn't mind having some piece of mind at the PG position. IDK maybe it's just me but i value the PG position very highly because i can't think of a contender in the NBA that doesn't have at least an above average PG. I'm also eyeing C.J. McCollum and i'm seeing the Damian Lillard comparison in that he is in a small school but he is balling having just dropped 36 on Baylor i believe. He will probably go lottery and i hope we're scouting him just in case. Those who don't know look him up and i doubt you won't be impressed even with the fact he's playing at a small school but look at Lillard who came from Weber State
MANchildDYNASTY
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#20 » by MANchildDYNASTY » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:28 am

Bongo!

Return to Orlando Magic