Tyreke Evans for Klay Thompson

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: Tyreke Evans for Klay Thompson 

Post#21 » by old rem » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:11 am

Lin Your Face wrote:The general premise of this swap could work, but Sacramento would definitely need to add value since Thompson has the better contract. I have no idea what GS would be interested in from Sacramento. Maybe their 1st with a little protection?
The contract factor is big,and even injured...I ain't giving away Rush at this point.

I'm not sure how a Sac protected might work. They won't wanna lose a lotto and yet ain't ripe to be a playoff team in the West.
CENSORED... No comment.
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#22 » by becorz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:27 am

old rem wrote:
Lin Your Face wrote:The general premise of this swap could work, but Sacramento would definitely need to add value since Thompson has the better contract. I have no idea what GS would be interested in from Sacramento. Maybe their 1st with a little protection?
The contract factor is big,and even injured...I ain't giving away Rush at this point.

I'm not sure how a Sac protected might work. They won't wanna lose a lotto and yet ain't ripe to be a playoff team in the West.

Kings owe a first to Cleveland, so it is very, very, very, very hard to trade a first. Also, the Kings suck and need to not trade anymore firsts.

As a Kings fan, I like this deal, but only because I am getting sick of watching Reke miss jumpers and have 28 defenders clogging the lane everytime he gets the ball...that said, on a team like the Warriors, who have shooters, Tyreke might be more effective.

Only way I see this happening (and it would be a small chance at that) is if the Warriors see that Tyreke has no market in the offseason and can get him on a reasonable deal, with the Kings possibly sending a little more in the deal...but it will never happen.
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Post#23 » by Prospect Dong » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 am

GSW doesn't want Evans. He'll be asking for a substantial pay raise and he's just not worth the money his agent will be asking for

Without weighing in on the other aspects of the trade, this particular objection doesn't make much sense. Player don't get paid based on what their agent asks for, and, generally speaking it's impossible to predict which players will be overpaid on the open market. If it was, the market wouldn't be overpaying for them.

It is fair to point out that Klay has got longer to run on his rookie deal though, assuming he is better than Evans, he's going to cost more in three years' time when he hits FA. But I can understand not really caring about 3 years' time.
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#24 » by turk3d » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:44 pm

If Evans does well, and knows that he can start on the Warriors (which is questionable how long he'll continue to start on the Kings since his days with them seem to be numbered) he might be willing to sign for a reasonable deal, especially since he may not to be able to get the big deal he seems to be looking for (surely the Kings aren't going to give it to them). A guy like Thompson may be about the best the Kings could hope for in a deal which would be way better than just letting him walk which it seems at this point they are willing to do.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,463

Post#25 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Tyreke is a below average basketball player. Klay is one of the most promising young 2s in the league. This is a mismatch. I wouldn't trade Jarrett Jack for Tyreke if I was the Warriors
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#26 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:43 pm

Warriors should look at moving Curry instead, but not for Tyreke.
becorz
Veteran

Post#27 » by becorz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:Warriors should look at moving Curry instead, but not for Tyreke.

Right after they gave him an extension?
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#28 » by Piston Pete » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:47 pm

Pistons could beat this offer for Klay.

Rodney Stuckey
Tayshaun Prince
Austin Daye

for

Richard Jefferson
Andris Biedrins
Klay Thompson

Same premise....Stuckey fits with Curry and Barnes. Pistons also take the useless large contracts in exchange of one extra year of Prince.
becorz
Veteran

Post#29 » by becorz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Piston Pete wrote:Pistons could beat this offer for Klay.

Rodney Stuckey
Tayshaun Prince
Austin Daye

for

Richard Jefferson
Andris Biedrins
Klay Thompson

Same premise....Stuckey fits with Curry and Barnes. Pistons also take the useless large contracts in exchange of one extra year of Prince.

That is a ton for Thompson...would detroit really do that?
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#30 » by Piston Pete » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Maybe GS adds a future pick? I think we'd do it with a future pick of some sort. I'm not sure if they own the right to somone else's pick or would give us their own with some sort of protection on it.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,695

Post#31 » by gswhoops » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:02 pm

GS wouldnt do that Detroit deal either. Our GM loves Klay; it would take a severe overpay to get him.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#32 » by DLeagueAllStars » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:16 pm

Stuckey isnt that good, prince is old and contract i too long and daye is worthless.... Yeah warriors will keep their trash and keep the best player in klay Thompson

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#33 » by turk3d » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Wouldn't do Thompson for Stuckey either.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#34 » by FNQ » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:49 am

Awful for us
j_angel
Analyst
And1: 366

Post#35 » by j_angel » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:49 am

Thompson for Bradley, Melo, 2013 1st.

(Premise was suggested by a GSW fan)

As for Tyreke, GSW is a good fit IMO but not at the expense of Thompson.
Curry, Jack, Thompson, Evans is a solid and well rounded backcourt rotation.

He would be a solid 6th man for GSW. Providing something different if Curry/Thompson have off shooting nights.
Plus he would pair well with Curry (good shooter) if Thompson hit bad form or was injured. Likewise an Evans/Thompson backcourt would be productive if Curry was injured.

Question is, do GSW have enough to get him & can they afford to pay him.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,695

Post#36 » by gswhoops » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:36 pm

j_angel wrote:Thompson for Bradley, Melo, 2013 1st.

I can't imagine any rational GS fan getting behind this, but we have some wackos. Either way, I expect the vast majority of us would give this two thumbs down. Bradley is hurt, Melo is athletic but hasn't shown much in the way of actual basketball skill and the pick will be in the mid-to-late 20's.

FYI, for anyone who wants to get Klay from the W's, what you're giving up is going to have to be something GOOD. We have plenty of depth right now, and aren't going to move him for a collection of lesser players and/or late picks. If there's no piece in your offer that it pains you to give up, it ain't enough.
bibby1023
Bench Warmer
And1: 208

Post#37 » by bibby1023 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:08 pm

Warriors would get robbed in this...Thompson looks real promising, and he seems to be fitting nicely next to Curry. Yes reke is a better fit, and I think he'd flourish in the Warriors up and down offense that they play. He'd definitely open up the floor more for Curry. The Warriors don't want Reke's awful shooting, trust me on that.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by FNQ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:11 pm

gswhoops wrote:
j_angel wrote:Thompson for Bradley, Melo, 2013 1st.

I can't imagine any rational GS fan getting behind this, but we have some wackos. Either way, I expect the vast majority of us would give this two thumbs down. Bradley is hurt, Melo is athletic but hasn't shown much in the way of actual basketball skill and the pick will be in the mid-to-late 20's.

FYI, for anyone who wants to get Klay from the W's, what you're giving up is going to have to be something GOOD. We have plenty of depth right now, and aren't going to move him for a collection of lesser players and/or late picks. If there's no piece in your offer that it pains you to give up, it ain't enough.

j_angel took liberties with my suggestion. Bradley wasn't hurt, Biedrins or RJ was in it, and it was before Bogut got shut down again.

Klay's value definitely overshadows his on-court worth though, and if we can turn that into a Tony Allen-ish defender, a big and a pick while dumping a contract... I'd be good with that. But no one ever suggested the deal above.
j_angel
Analyst
And1: 366

Post#39 » by j_angel » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:42 pm

I said the 'premise' was suggested by a GSW fan not the deal.
You said the basic premise would be a Bradley/Thompson trade. Thats where the bulk of the value is from both teams.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by FNQ » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:33 pm

The basis of a trade doesnt necessarily mean value is close. Just so long as its clear that when it was suggested, circumstances were different and we shed a big contract, which is no small deal to GS. I cant imagine any single W's fan is willing to trade quality for quantity without a legitimate, beneficial sweetner.

Return to Trades and Transactions