ImageImageImageImageImage

The 2012-13 NCAA Knicks fan March Madness Bracket group

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

yaboynyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 206

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#21 » by yaboynyp » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:Guys I will keep tabs on all year long.

Freshmen:
Kyle Anderson [Especially without Bazz around]
Kentucky [Goodwin especially]
Arizona [Two big guys]
Isaiah Austin
Rodney Purvis
Rodney Hood

Sophomore:
LeBryan Nash
Cody Zeller
Alex Len
Myck Kabongo
Wayne Blackshear

Junior:
Adreian Payne
Wally Judge
Patric Young
Ray McCallum
Doug McDermott

Seniors:
C.J. McCollum
Elijah Johnson
Alex Oriakhi

Good list, but Rodney Hood is a Soph and he has to sit out after transferring from Miss State.
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#22 » by yaboynyp » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:03 pm

SonOfMars wrote:Shabazz Muhammad is gonna be very interesting come draft time.

He's projected as the #1 pick by alot of mock drafts, could that status remain without playing any games in college?

It worked for Enes Kanter, but that was a different situation since Enes Kanter was playing professionally overseas before Kentucky. Teams had film of him vs some of the best international players on the planet.

Muhammad's most recent film would be some AAU games, and a few workouts

Idk about number 1 but he will be picked in the top 3 for sure. He was clearly the best senior in the nation last year by a wide margin. The only person that was in the discussion with him was Noel who has no offensive game right now, and has not progressed a lot since his junior year in HS..
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,435

Post#23 » by j4remi » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Sooo...How's St. John's looking this year? They play Detroit today...should they win? Still madd young.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Blue Ninja
Assistant Coach
And1: 798

Post#24 » by Blue Ninja » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:31 pm

nassah1o wrote:I am kinda sad that Shabazz Muhammad ruled ineligible. I was looking forward to seeing him play. It's amazing that there are only two seniors and a junior on the Red Storm basketball roster. I hope everything goes better for D'Angelo Harrison.

Right now 1 scholarship senior and he may redshirt. Very inexperienced team, but high potential. Im excited for this year. :)

j4remi wrote:Sooo...How's St. John's looking this year? They play Detroit today...should they win? Still madd young.

Roster has a lot of talent up and down, but right now two juco recruits (Marco Bourgault, a much needed wing shooter, and Orlando Sanchez, all around PF) are still not ruled eligible (NCAA reviewing if they are Soph. - Junior or Junior - Senior). D'Angelo Harrison was the leading scorer last year and should be again this year. Really young roster but Chris Obekpa, Jakarr Sampson and Chris Jones are all very athletic bigs, something we were desperately missing last year. If guys like Amir Garrett, Dom Pointer and Phil Greene have improved their shooting, they can be tough, especially with a true point guard coming in time for Big East play. I think they make the tournament this year, but I can't see them going too much further then that. Too young.

As far as should they win today against Detroit (2PM on ESPN btw for those who are interested), I'd say its a toss up. First real game for all of our frontcourt this game most likely. Also will be limited without Marco and Orlando. Detroit is a tough team. So its really a toss up.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#25 » by No-Man » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:47 am

UCLA is terrible, absolute crap man, they're going into the OT vs. UC Irvine.

But, Jordan Adams is a BIG SLEEPER, I will target him or Jamal Franklin out of SDSU and CJ Wilcox of Washington, with a late 1st for sure.

We need to draft a SG/SF like these.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#26 » by No-Man » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:55 am

Is Jordan Adams vs the World right now

:lol:
No-Man
RealGM

Post#27 » by No-Man » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:44 am

Jordan Adams again, the stroke of this kid is legit, AMAZING SHOOTER
LintRoad
Ballboy
And1: 40

Post#28 » by LintRoad » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:33 pm

Timmy Frazier is the man and he is the real reason I bought PSU season tickets this year. I hope he can make a splash in the draft but I think he is going to be looked at like another Taylor Battle. I am liking St.Johns though, first basketball game I ever saw in my life was St.Johns in the garden and this year they look to be on the uptread.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#29 » by br7knicks » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:23 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Haven't gotten ready to follow college, but when i do.......

:thumbsup:
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
SonOfMars
RealGM
And1: 2,741

Post#30 » by SonOfMars » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Shabazz ruled eligible

After reading a little more, the violation was that a NC financial advisor paid for Shabazz to go visit the campus. Assuming plenty of these players can't really afford airplane tickets and such...is that really such a bad thing?
Props Turbo_Zone
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,352

Post#31 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:17 pm

SonOfMars wrote:Shabazz ruled eligible

After reading a little more, the violation was that a NC financial advisor paid for Shabazz to go visit the campus. Assuming plenty of these players can't really afford airplane tickets and such...is that really such a bad thing?

So when is his debut on national television?
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#32 » by yaboynyp » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:46 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
SonOfMars wrote:Shabazz ruled eligible

So when is his debut on national television?

Monday vs Georgetown at the Barclay Center in the Legends Classic. Winner gets the #1 team in the nation Indiana the next night…
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#33 » by yaboynyp » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:09 am

Greg Whittington and Otto Porter>>>>>> Shabazz and Kyle Anderson…..Hoyas

BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#34 » by BKAY » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:49 am

Who are some NCAA players to watch for? Ones that will be coming into the NBA draft in the next few years.
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#35 » by yaboynyp » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:44 pm

BKAY wrote:Who are some NCAA players to watch for? Ones that will be coming into the NBA draft in the next few years.

It’s goint to be a weak draft by all accounts, no clear number 1 which says a lot. Top 4 prospects as of now are:

Shabazz Muhammed (SG UClA Frosh),
Nerlens Noel (C Kentucky Frosh),
James Michael Mcadoo (PF UNC Soph)
Cody Zeller (C Indiana Soph).

Personally I like Tony Mitchell better than all of those guys (6’8 235 SF/PF out of North Texas) except for Noel due to his potential. Those would be the top 5 USA players at this point and all of those players have major question marks in their games.. Rudy Cobert 7-1 center is also projected top 5 but he’s international

Next Tier Lotto picks would be:
Isiah Austin C Baylor
Alex Len C Maryland
Otto Porter SF Georgetown
Alex Poythress PF/SF Kentucky
Archie Goodwin SG Kentucky
CJ Mccollum PG Lehigh
Bj Young PG Arkansas
Steven Addams C Pittsburgh

Players that could play themselves into Lotto Consideration:
Lebryan Nash OKST SF
CJ Leslie PF NCST
Rodney Purvis SG NCST (Really Talented has top 10 potential)
Patric Young PF Florida
William Cauley C Kentucky

Rising Players:
Marcus Smart SG OKST
Ben Mclemore SG Kansas
NYK_UNLV
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#36 » by NYK_UNLV » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:21 am

Keep an eye on Anthony Bennett out here in Vegas. Kid has LJ all over him if he lives up to his potential. So far, he's been very very good, and we barely feature him in the offense.
SkyMason21
Junior
And1: 79

Post#37 » by SkyMason21 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:07 pm

NYK_UNLV wrote:Keep an eye on Anthony Bennett out here in Vegas. Kid has LJ all over him if he lives up to his potential. So far, he's been very very good, and we barely feature him in the offense.

I haven't been able to catch any UNLV games yet, but from the box score and some clips it looks like Bennett play like a strech 4 mostly for you guys right?
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#38 » by yaboynyp » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:31 pm

NYK_UNLV wrote:Keep an eye on Anthony Bennett out here in Vegas. Kid has LJ all over him if he lives up to his potential. So far, he's been very very good, and we barely feature him in the offense.

The problem is he’s 6’7 PF.. Definitely an Nba player but his draft stock has a ceiling because of that. Has the shot to play SF but not the handle so he’s a 6’7 tweener right now. Regarding the LJ comparison he doesn’t have a good back to the basket game, LJ had great post moves.
NYK_UNLV
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#39 » by NYK_UNLV » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 am

He's a lot like LJ was before his back gave out, relying on strength and athleticism to overwhelm down low. He can play a stretch 4 (in college) because he has good range and a soft touch on his jumper. He's been good at the FT Line too, so when he gets the ball, good things usually happen.
SkyMason21
Junior
And1: 79

Post#40 » by SkyMason21 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:35 am

NYK_UNLV wrote:He's a lot like LJ was before his back gave out, relying on strength and athleticism to overwhelm down low. He can play a stretch 4 (in college) because he has good range and a soft touch on his jumper. He's been good at the FT Line too, so when he gets the ball, good things usually happen.

Man he really is like LJ forgot Bennett had back problems.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224680/Anthony_Bennetts_Back_Issue_Returns

Return to New York Knicks