ImageImageImageImage

Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the guy is a genius."

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the guy is a genius." 

Post#1 » by Cigamodnalro » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:04 pm

"The responsibilities (Hennigan) laid out and the opportunity to work with him were too good to pass up," Lloyd said. "Our personalities are very similar. We've grown up in this computerized age of stats. The way we see and process things are similar. I think the guy is a genius."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012 ... que-vaughn

One can only hope there is a plan and that it's a good one. :pray:
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the guy is a genius." 

Post#2 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:38 pm

FYI. I like money. If Henny gave me a good paying job, I would call him a genius! That guy can afford to get laid now. 8-)

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#3 » by in-limbo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:11 pm

I've seen that dude out, he pulls, don't worry.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,002

Post#4 » by fendilim » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:00 am

"The responsibilities (Hennigan) laid out and the opportunity to work with him were too good to pass up," Lloyd said. "Our personalities are very similar. We've grown up in this computerized age of stats. The way we see and process things are similar. I think the guy is a genius."

He just doesn't want to say it directly. 8-)
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#5 » by Horcy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:13 am

Image ???

Who's the hell is that Elton John clone?
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#6 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:47 am

Horcy wrote:Image ???

Who's the hell is that Elton John clone?

:rofl:
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#7 » by OrlDave » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm beginning to think he might be a genius. Vucevic is comparable with Brook Lopez right now with plenty of upside and at a fraction of the cost (Nik rebounds better, Lopez scores more). Etwan Moore has come out of nowhere to be a starting quality guard capable of covering the 1. Drew and Harkless are still rusty, but I suspect they'll get better. Honestly had Jameer and Hedo not gotten injured we'd likely be .500 or better. Although it's for the best that we aren't.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#8 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:03 pm

It remains to be seen. I like every move he's made thus far.From moving dwight for assets to not over paying the overhyped one hit wonder Ryan "No, I'm not Troy Murphy "Anderson.

We picked up good young players,
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Potterman
Lead Assistant
And1: 35

Post#9 » by Potterman » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:18 pm

I'm so so on everything thus far. Got to let this season and a couple other seasons play out. So far, i'm pleased with the results. Were competing in all the games thus far. Its a start. The biggest thing is Nelsons injury more then Hedo. IMO. JJ and Moore off the bench will be sick.
:rockon: DEFCON - FIRESALE ON THE MAGIC! :rockon:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#10 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:26 pm

Potterman wrote:I'm so so on everything thus far. Got to let this season and a couple other seasons play out. So far, i'm pleased with the results. Were competing in all the games thus far. Its a start. The biggest thing is Nelsons injury more then Hedo. IMO. JJ and Moore off the bench will be sick.

I disagree with this part. Magic have been absolutely crushed in at least (2) games.

But, once Nelson, Hedo and Harrington come back, I feel this team will put up good fights in games Win, Lose or Draw.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,881

Post#11 » by eyriq » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:02 am

I'm re-converted.
Potterman
Lead Assistant
And1: 35

Post#12 » by Potterman » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:57 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Potterman wrote:I'm so so on everything thus far. Got to let this season and a couple other seasons play out. So far, i'm pleased with the results. Were competing in all the games thus far. Its a start. The biggest thing is Nelsons injury more then Hedo. IMO. JJ and Moore off the bench will be sick.

I disagree with this part. Magic have been absolutely crushed in at least (2) games.

But, once Nelson, Hedo and Harrington come back, I feel this team will put up good fights in games Win, Lose or Draw.

1 game was a automatic blowout that just didn't feel right. But I felt like we could have turned it around. Maybe I have kool-aid glasses on. I feel like were losing it in the last quarter and its within striking distance the rest of the time. I didn't see both nets games, I saw the one we got blown out and the one we more or less just lost.
:rockon: DEFCON - FIRESALE ON THE MAGIC! :rockon:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#13 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Potterman wrote:
1 game was a automatic blowout that just didn't feel right. But I felt like we could have turned it around. Maybe I have kool-aid glasses on. I feel like were losing it in the last quarter and its within striking distance the rest of the time. I didn't see both nets games, I saw the one we got blown out and the one we more or less just lost.

To me, it is starting to feel like other teams are coasting and turning it on in the 4th quarter against the Magic. Thus, we are looking better than we really are. I say feel like that. Hopefully, I am wrong. But, if this team ever gets healthy with Hedo, Meer and Harrington out there, they can compete with most teams in the league on any given night.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#14 » by OrlDave » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:22 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Potterman wrote:

To me, it is starting to feel like other teams are coasting and turning it on in the 4th quarter against the Magic. Thus, we are looking better than we really are. I say feel like that. Hopefully, I am wrong. But, if this team ever gets healthy with Hedo, Meer and Harrington out there, they can compete with most teams in the league on any given night.

What is happening IMO is that we don't have that one go to guy to break the raised defensive pressure in the 4th that the good teams bring. We even had this problem a bit during the Dwight days. Couldn't really go to Dwight, so Jameer or Hedo needed to be that guy.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#15 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:38 pm

OrlDave wrote:
What is happening IMO is that we don't have that one go to guy to break the raised defensive pressure in the 4th that the good teams bring. We even had this problem a bit during the Dwight days. Couldn't really go to Dwight, so Jameer or Hedo needed to be that guy.

You nailed it. When the opponent clamps down on defense it is like nobody gets a clean shot or can create their own shot. Except JJ sometimes, but he can only do so much. Really need Meer in the lineup for those situations.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Cigamodnalro
RealGM

Post#16 » by Cigamodnalro » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:03 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
OrlDave wrote:

You nailed it. When the opponent clamps down on defense it is like nobody gets a clean shot or can create their own shot. Except JJ sometimes, but he can only do so much. Really need Meer in the lineup for those situations.

Afflalo, Harkless, Vucevic and some future firsts for Carmelo ;)
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#17 » by RookieStar » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:34 pm

Guys.. henny is a genius or just plain lucky. We miss out on the nightmare that is Bynum's fatness and injury drama, we miss out on HOU's Royce White who could have been part of the package if we traded with them, we miss out on the meh-meh performance of iggy so far.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM

Post#18 » by Cigamodnalro » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:54 pm

RookieStar wrote:Guys.. henny is a genius or just plain lucky. We miss out on the nightmare that is Bynum's fatness and injury drama, we miss out on HOU's Royce White who could have been part of the package if we traded with them, we miss out on the meh-meh performance of iggy so far.

Plus that Toronto pick HOU was dangling could end up being anyone! It could even be this guy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yalrGvMJUNg[/youtube]
J the Drafter
Starter
And1: 298

Post#19 » by J the Drafter » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:08 pm

OrlDave wrote:What is happening IMO is that we don't have that one go to guy to break the raised defensive pressure in the 4th that the good teams bring. We even had this problem a bit during the Dwight days. Couldn't really go to Dwight, so Jameer or Hedo needed to be that guy.

There was some feeling that Andrew and Harkless should have been in the Knicks game during the closing stretch, since their play got us back in it in the first place. The second Nets game involved the team battling a huge first quarter deficit, and the Bulls game included McRoberts the small forward for some points.
Remember when Kobe elbowed Jameer in the chin so hard Jameer was knocked down and sent skidding across the floor?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.*

*Futurama
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#20 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:20 pm

LOL. When the teams put the pressure on and clamp down on defense in the 4th quarter, as if all of a sudden Harkless and Nicholson are going to create their own shots and save the day this early in their career.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic