ImageImage

'13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto again! Yaaay!!)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto again! Yaaay!!) 

Post#121 » by emunney » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:07 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D4ny3W-BfU[/youtube]
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#122 » by SpursNBucks » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:34 pm

This is one of the funniest threads ever- the team has a decent chance to win this division. I swear some of you would rather "TANK" every year just to have that one chance at the next Lebron. It aint gonna happen for sure in what they are calling one of the weakest drafts in recent memory. If they do well maybe Hammond can work some more magic and find another diamond in the rough. I don't think you will see anyone in this draft worth trashing the season for.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 2,985

Post#123 » by mattg » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:16 pm

emunney wrote:Props to mattg for being all over Poythress first. Easy to see why he was so excited.

He's still raw in terms of his off the dribble game, but I love him. Can guard multiple positions, has some range, and is just a horse inside.

And whoever was wondering why Vitale is all over Wiltjer, it's because he's awesome. Obviously he's a great shooter and has good touch, but he's soo smart. He always knows exactly where to be on the court. He actually reminds me a lot of Ersan, though not the same kind of rebounder at this stage but a better shooter. If he stays all 4 years he'll be a really good NBA player.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#124 » by LUKE23 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:59 pm

What are people's thoughts on Georgetown sophomore SF Otto Porter? I only saw him once so far, but seems damn versatile and a NBA caliber athlete. 12.5 points, 7.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.5 steals, 2.3 blocks, .671 TS through 4.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#125 » by crkone » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:16 pm

SpursNBucks wrote:This is one of the funniest threads ever- the team has a decent chance to win this division. I swear some of you would rather "TANK" every year just to have that one chance at the next Lebron. It aint gonna happen for sure in what they are calling one of the weakest drafts in recent memory. If they do well maybe Hammond can work some more magic and find another diamond in the rough. I don't think you will see anyone in this draft worth trashing the season for.

This is said every year, but then a few years later, there are multiple all stars and one HOF player in the top 10.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#126 » by LUKE23 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:18 pm

SpursNBucks wrote:This is one of the funniest threads ever- the team has a decent chance to win this division. I swear some of you would rather "TANK" every year just to have that one chance at the next Lebron. It aint gonna happen for sure in what they are calling one of the weakest drafts in recent memory. If they do well maybe Hammond can work some more magic and find another diamond in the rough. I don't think you will see anyone in this draft worth trashing the season for.

We can't talk about the draft unless we're tanking? Nice logic.
emunney
RealGM

Post#127 » by emunney » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:18 pm

I like him. Smart player, seems to have great awareness and recognition, moves really well for his size. Huge for a SF but I think that's his position. Not much of a leaper but he's got good hands. One thing I don't like about him is his shooting form, but he's been drilling college threes so far this season. Last year the ball came out kind of flat and sideways. His right elbow is way off to the side. Kind of negates part of his height advantage.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,743

Post#128 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:26 pm

SpursNBucks wrote:This is one of the funniest threads ever- the team has a decent chance to win this division.

Do people care about division winners? Honest question. I personally couldn't give two ****.

SpursNBucks wrote:I swear some of you would rather "TANK" every year just to have that one chance at the next Lebron.

If the next LeBron was in this class, I'd absolutely be in favor of tanking.

SpursNBucks wrote:It aint gonna happen for sure in what they are calling one of the weakest drafts in recent memory.

The last few drafts have been pretty week. I think this year's will be better than the last two, maybe three. Not saying this would be a reason to tank, at least with this team.

SpursNBucks wrote:If they do well maybe Hammond can work some more magic and find another diamond in the rough. I don't think you will see anyone in this draft worth trashing the season for.

I'd play all the young guys, move the vets and let the chips fall where they may.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#129 » by Nebula1 » Tue Dec 4, 2012 7:14 pm

2013 Top 10 (as of 12/04)

DX

1. Shabazz Muhammad
2. Nerlens Noel
3. Cody Zeller
4. Rudy Gobert
5. Alex Len
6. Isaiah Austin
7. Alex Poythress
8. Archie Goodwin
9. Mason Plumlee
10. James McAdoo

Ford

1 Nerlens Noel C Kentucky
2 Cody Zeller C Indiana
3 Shabazz Muhammad SF UCLA
4 Alex Poythress SF Kentucky
5 Alex Len C Maryland
6 Rudy Gobert PF France
7 Otto Porter SF Georgetown
8 Archie Goodwin SG Kentucky
9 Isaiah Austin PF Baylor
10 Mason Plumlee PF Duke
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#130 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Dec 4, 2012 8:47 pm

Quality shooting guards are the new market inefficiency.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,220

Post#131 » by Matches Malone » Tue Dec 4, 2012 9:50 pm

I disagree that last years draft was weak. It might have been one of the better overall drafts in comparison to earlier ones. Obviously there is a talent drop off but you can still find quality starters and gem's later in the rounds, and Anthony Davis and Damian Lillard are straight up studs. Next years will be pretty good, but I'm looking forward to 2014. If there was ever a year to tank it would be that one. Wiggins and Parker aka Lebron and Carmelo. Can't go wrong with either player and our only real shot at a potential superstar.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#132 » by LUKE23 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:34 pm

Still like Goodwin for us but he'll go before our pick if he comes out. If we're sitting 14-16 as I'm expecting, I'd probably target McCollum there. His competition is definitely questionable, as is his size if you play him at SG, but the guy can shoot the lights out. Currently 24.9 ppg @ .627 TS and .519 from 3.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#133 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:36 pm

This is going to be a pretty deep draft, all the way through the teens.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#134 » by Nebula1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:48 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Still like Goodwin for us but he'll go before our pick if he comes out. If we're sitting 14-16 as I'm expecting, I'd probably target McCollum there. His competition is definitely questionable, as is his size if you play him at SG, but the guy can shoot the lights out. Currently 24.9 ppg @ .627 TS and .519 from 3.

It's looking like it would take quite a bit for the Bucks to move into Goodwin range, but I think he's a perfect fit. I don't know if the Bucks have the assets to make that move.

McCollum is a nice idea as well.

Chad Ford moved Michael Carter-Williams way up on his board. I thought he'd be another name the Bucks would be looking at for shooting guard. I'm a bit shocked to see him move up so quickly.
emunney
RealGM

Post#135 » by emunney » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Nebula1 wrote:Chad Ford moved Michael Carter-Williams way up on his board. I thought he'd be another name the Bucks would be looking at for shooting guard. I'm a bit shocked to see him move up so quickly.

Yeah, DX did as well. He's been really good so far so it shouldn't be that surprising. He's seamlessly transitioned into being a pass first point. Pretty remarkable. Everybody loves the giant points, myself included.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#136 » by bigkurty » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:02 pm

How about Ben Mclemore? Has anyone seen him play yet? He is a freshman playing 30 minutes a night for Kansas and is a former oak hill guy so you know Jennings will like him.

He seems to be putting up fairly decent percentages.

Draft express says
"6-4 or 6-5, with very long arms, a strong frame and excellent athletic ability, it's not hard to tell what the recruiting services see in McLemore from a physical standpoint alone."

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2Ex55wBNJ
http://www.draftexpress.com

He has hops and a pretty good looking 3 point stroke. This vid is a little grainy and is from highschool however it shows a decent amount of real game situations and its not an all dunk vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5HXWx7GdBs
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#137 » by Nebula1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:18 pm

emunney wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:Chad Ford moved Michael Carter-Williams way up on his board. I thought he'd be another name the Bucks would be looking at for shooting guard. I'm a bit shocked to see him move up so quickly.

Yeah, DX did as well. He's been really good so far so it shouldn't be that surprising. He's seamlessly transitioned into being a pass first point. Pretty remarkable. Everybody loves the giant points, myself included.

I'm not a big fan of the giant points unless they still think pass-first, set the offense and can defend the opponent.

I think he'll be a 2 in the NBA and the ball control is only a benefit. We'll see how it washes out. I guess I'm a bit disappointed he's out of Bucks range so quickly.
emunney
RealGM

Post#138 » by emunney » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:34 pm

Yahoo article on him:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the ... ncaab.html

Lots of good stuff there. He's a really interesting player, very good vision and timing, quick hands. I'm also disappointed he's risen past where we'll pick, but he hasn't risen to the point where he's inaccessible if we're motivated.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#139 » by CanadaBucks » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:39 pm

emunney wrote:Yahoo article on him:

Lots of good stuff there. He's a really interesting player, very good vision and timing, quick hands. I'm also disappointed he's risen past where we'll pick, but he hasn't risen to the point where he's inaccessible if we're motivated.

I wouldn't worry about where they are now. January last year Jeremy lamb was top 6 as was Sully, PJ3 was top 12 and Deron Lamb was top 20. Lots can happen in 5-6 months.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#140 » by Nebula1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:40 pm

emunney wrote:Yahoo article on him:

Obviously my main guy is Goodwin, but I wonder what kind of assets it would take for the Bucks to move from ~15 to 5-8.

I'm happy to see MCW really grasp his opportunity.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks