ImageImageImage

Game #8: Bobcats at Timberwolves (7:00 pm, FSN)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Re: Game #8: Bobcats at Timberwolves (7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#301 » by Tirion » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 am

Bobcats are horrible. That shoud've been a win.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#302 » by C.lupus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:41 am

Calinks wrote:If Williams could have found his game this summer......

FT's really stand out. Lost by 2, you have to look at all of those free throws.

If Kahn/Taylor would have listened to Adelman....
PalmTree
Pro Prospect
And1: 5

Post#303 » by PalmTree » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:46 am

Tirion wrote:Bobcats are horrible. That shoud've been a win.

Come on we aren't THAT bad :D
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#304 » by Tirion » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:50 am

PalmTree wrote:

You are. Your off-ball guard (Kemba, I think) there ALSO tried to call a timeout, then immediately berated Williams when HE did…
Sheenmue
Junior

Post#305 » by Sheenmue » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:53 am

Props to the team for the effort, it's incredible they were so close to win the game after all. Last minutes it was pure timbertroll basket, I don't remember a game where I have laughed so much, LOLcats were really funny :lol: .
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#306 » by southern wolf » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:54 am

The Bobcats might be bad, but we're not going to beat many teams with half a team and our three best players out. Good fightback though, I really hope we can get healthy eventually.
PalmTree
Pro Prospect

Post#307 » by PalmTree » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:54 am

Tirion wrote:
PalmTree wrote:

You are. Your off-ball guard (Kemba, I think) there ALSO tried to call a timeout, then immediately berated Williams when HE did…

lol it was a d2 college game series of events. Your guys came at us hard in the 4th and we weren't ready.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,579

Post#308 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:56 am

PalmTree wrote:
lol it was a d2 college game series of events. Your guys came at us hard in the 4th and we weren't ready.

Don't be hatin on D2!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
lewdog
Rookie
And1: 88

Post#309 » by lewdog » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:57 am

In the history of the NBA, has there been a GM who has a worst draft resume than KAHN?
Offhand, can't think of one.
Qui me amat, amet et canem meum
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,579

Post#310 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:00 am

lewdog wrote:

In the history of the NBA, has there been a GM who has a worst draft resume than KAHN?

Yeah that Rubio pick was terrible
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
lewdog
Rookie
And1: 88

Post#311 » by lewdog » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:03 am

Klomp wrote:
lewdog wrote:

Predictable. :clap:
Qui me amat, amet et canem meum
Wolves21
Sixth Man
And1: 400

Post#312 » by Wolves21 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:09 am

Klomp wrote:
lewdog wrote:

Jonny Flynn
Ty Lawson(Traded)
Wayne Ellington
Wesley Johnson
Lazar Hayward
Derrick Williams
Robbie Hummel

He's done a **** job at drafting.Yes the Rubio pick was great but besides that he has had three top ten bust in Flynn,Johnson and Williams,Trade away Lawson and Hayward is garbage with only Ellington being a solid back up.That's a terrible draft history.

The Rubio and then Flynn pick right after was a huge mistake.Again at the time of the draft I said draft Rubio and Curry(yes curry is very injury prone) and also when he daft Johnson I had said he should have drafted Cousins.The only pick besides Rubio that I did agree with was the Williams pick.I would have done the same thing even though he's pretty much a bust.

Then theirs also the Al Jefferson trade....

just a little FYI two of the three best players on the team in Love and Pekovic were McHale picks.
Breakdown777
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#313 » by Breakdown777 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:12 am

What a crazy game. I had a feeling going in with the injuries to both teams it was gonna be a clown show...but I didn't realize how big of a clown show.

You know that phrase "he does all the little things to help the team win"...Derrick Williams does ZERO little things.

AK47 is incredible. He has the hustle of Corey Brewer combined with stellar BBIQ and an ability to finish at the rim. (Yeah, I'm a member of the Brew Crew). AK47 is still a top-flight glue guy in the NBA.

Stiemsma was the "Cleveland Steamer" tonight. He can play decent defense in the post, but other than that he just seems like a big lumbering physical presence. I also thought the days of being annoyed with a player for sagging off on defense to go for a block were gone when we lost Anthony Randolph...but Steamer is keeping that tradition going as well.

Pek being in there to prevent BJ Mullens from going off on the glass would've been enough to seal the victory.

Looking ahead to Golden State...Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, David Lee, and Carl Landry will be a handful for the current wolves roster.
"Llevaré mi talento a Minnesota".
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#314 » by AQuintus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:13 am

C.lupus wrote:If Kahn/Taylor would have listened to Adelman....

Then Williams would have probably been traded for Batum and we wouldn't have Kirilenko now.
Cyborg21
General Manager
And1: 368

Post#315 » by Cyborg21 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:13 am

Any word on Malcolm Lee?
Breakdown777
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#316 » by Breakdown777 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:19 am

Wolves21 wrote:
Jonny Flynn
Ty Lawson(Traded)
Wayne Ellington
Wesley Johnson
Lazar Hayward
Derrick Williams
Robbie Hummel

He's done a **** job at drafting.Yes the Rubio pick was great but besides that he has had three top ten bust in Flynn,Johnson and Williams,Trade away Lawson and Hayward is garbage with only Ellington being a solid back up.That's a terrible draft history.

The Rubio and then Flynn pick right after was a huge mistake.Again at the time of the draft I said draft Rubio and Curry(yes curry is very injury prone) and also when he daft Johnson I had said he should have drafted Cousins.The only pick besides Rubio that I did agree with was the Williams pick.I would have done the same thing even though he's pretty much a bust.

just a little FYI two of the three best players on the team in Love and Pekovic were McHale picks.

If McHale wasn't demoted to coach and then let go, I'm fairly confident this team would have a core of Steph Curry, Love, Big Al, and Pek. We'd still be fighting for the 8 seed every year. I also think McHale would've taken Rubio, but would've traded him once it became clear he wouldn't of put forth the same effort Kahn did to keep Rubio's camp motivated and happy. Just my 2 cents, but I'm very confident that if McHale stuck around we'd be an inside/outside team with that core I mentioned.
"Llevaré mi talento a Minnesota".
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#317 » by LordBaldric » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:28 am

Breakdown777 wrote:
Wolves21 wrote:
Jonny Flynn
Ty Lawson(Traded)
Wayne Ellington
Wesley Johnson
Lazar Hayward
Derrick Williams
Robbie Hummel

If McHale wasn't demoted to coach and then let go, I'm fairly confident this team would have a core of Steph Curry, Love, Big Al, and Pek. We'd still be fighting for the 8 seed every year. I also think McHale would've taken Rubio, but would've traded him once it became clear he wouldn't of put forth the same effort Kahn did to keep Rubio's camp motivated and happy. Just my 2 cents, but I'm very confident that if McHale stuck around we'd be an inside/outside team with that core I mentioned.

While that may be true, nobody is arguing we should have kept McHale as GM. And it has nothing to do with the fact that Kahn's drafting record is horse****. Also if Kahn had listened to Adelman telling him his latest jewel Williams was in fact a jalopy instead of a Mercedes maybe he could have been moved for a decent piece, a posibility that is dwindling by the day.
Wolves21
Sixth Man
And1: 400

Post#318 » by Wolves21 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:30 am

Breakdown777 wrote:
Wolves21 wrote:
Jonny Flynn
Ty Lawson(Traded)
Wayne Ellington
Wesley Johnson
Lazar Hayward
Derrick Williams
Robbie Hummel

would have been fine with that core.Rubio,Curry,Love and Jefferson with who ever at the SF spot would have been a great line up and one that would be a playoff team.Yes Curry is a little light and not the tallest to be playing SG but I think a back court with Rubio would have been dynamic which Rubio and Flynn was suppose to be.Problem would have done a lot of switching on D when playing bigger SG with Rubio covering them and Curry on the PG.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#319 » by AQuintus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:39 am

Wolves21 wrote:Rubio,Curry,Love and Jefferson with who ever at the SF spot would have been a great line up and one that would be a playoff team.

McHale would have never made the Foye + Miller for 5 trade that got us Rubio, and without him, that core looks significantly worse.

And assuming that McHale was kept and that we got all the same picks (which wouldn't have happened), who would he have taken? Curry, Cousins, and Williams more than likely. So our starting lineup would be something like Curry, Foye, Williams, Love, Jefferson with Cousins and Pekovic off the bench, and some country club head coach. That team is not that good.

As for this game:

The good: battling back from a double digit deficit in the 4th to have a chance to win it despite missing almost all of our top players and Kirilenko

The bad: 38% shooting and 17 missed free throws

The ugly: Williams' attempts to finish around the rim
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#320 » by Tirion » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:40 am

Klomp wrote:
lewdog wrote:

It wasn't, but it sure was a lot less great than you're implying.

They drafted Ricky in 2009 and waited 2 years for him to come here. Was it worth it? Yes. Does it outweight three horrible back to back to back picks in the top 10 (Flynn, Wes, D-Will)? Hell no.

Also don't forget another pick, he traded to pay for Rambis' contract, that could've been Donatas Montejunas.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves