ImageImageImageImage

Around The League(Lock Por Favor)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 404

Re: Around The League 

Post#921 » by MagicTownBaller » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:48 am

Danny Green possible game winner?
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#922 » by MagicTownBaller » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:51 am

Wow, just wow at Pau Gasol.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#923 » by OrlandO » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:15 am

Looks like Royce White is speaking out...

"In hindsight, perhaps it was not a good idea to be open and honest about my anxiety disorder, due to the current situations at hand that involve the nature of actions from the Houston Rockets. As a rookie, I want to settle into a team and make progress; but since preseason the Rockets have been inconsistent with their agreement to proactively create a healthy and successful relationship. At this point the Rockets are aware of my position and the reason for my absence. Any other response is inaccurate. This is important to me. It is a health issue. I must advocate for my rights. It is a player-commodity league. The failure to meet my requests for support will end with me being unhealthy and that is not a consequence that I am willing to accept to play any sport."

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
I informed the #Rockets of every practice I was going to miss. There were no unexplained misses.

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
To be clear!, my only reason for publicly speaking is b/c YOU were lead to think I was AWOL, False. The communication has been loud n clear.

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
Its important to tweet to lend #Transparency and RT to reveal ignorance. I do understand being scared of being vocal tho, just not who I am.

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
Again My "Anxiety" is not well but not BAD, my main WORRY is being treated as a digit instead of a HUMAN, in the case of my health.

2h Royce White ‏@Highway_30
While #anxiety is the issue, the main piece of that isn't AIRPLANES, it's asking for support 4 my disorder thats consistent and fair.

"your a COMMODITY" and "we'll support your health needs even if its inconvenient..." just don't go. My health can't afford such an ideal.

I'd waste my "Talent", to stand up for myself and what's right, regarding my health 10x's out 10. #Logical Player "Commodity" league.

It's sad to think ppl ACTUALLY think should be higher on my priority list then health..you can't enjoy success OR money without health.

3h Royce White ‏@Highway_30
My "anxiety" hasn't caused inconsistency in my participation with the team from training camp until 72hrs ago, ✈ to DET, ✈s Isn't the issue.

Problem goes back WAY before D-League assignment. This about #Consideration and #Health it isn't about Rebounds & Money.

I'm most defiantly not AWOL... There are many things here ppl don't know, #Honesty is what I'm sticking with. @HoustonRockets "Luke 12:3"

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
Everybody wants to be on the "We support" "We want to help" wagon, but when they realize its a TOUGH wagon to be on, they SLOWLY back away.
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#924 » by OrlandO » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:40 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRzgjfqWIOI[/youtube]
J the Drafter
Starter
And1: 298

Post#925 » by J the Drafter » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:42 am

OrlandO wrote:So this is what Jason Richardson is like when he's not on the Magic and/or coached by SVG...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20WYYdVigcg[/youtube]

Come on, now we're blaming Stan for this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddms-RLOjOg

Jason did come off screens for us a lot in the 2012 season.
Remember when Kobe elbowed Jameer in the chin so hard Jameer was knocked down and sent skidding across the floor?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.*

*Futurama
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#926 » by OrlandO » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:48 am

J the Drafter wrote:
OrlandO wrote:So this is what Jason Richardson is like when he's not on the Magic and/or coached by SVG...

Come on, now we're blaming Stan for this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddms-RLOjOg

Jason did come off screens for us a lot in the 2012 season.

My point is SVG would have screamed at him for even attempting a dunk like that... he probably would have laid it up and missed it instead. :lol:
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#927 » by mhectorgato » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:13 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pS6WmoLN8I[/youtube]
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#928 » by OrlandO » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:22 pm

mhectorgato wrote:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pS6WmoLN8I[/youtube]

And? He did a break away 360 dunk on the sixers. Again, my point is he would have been yelled at for even attempting a dunk like that under SVG... you know it's true. Freedom.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#929 » by rcklsscognition » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Royce White, what a shame, that kid is messing up his career. Agent needs to get him off twitter and into the d-league, fast.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,606

Post#930 » by RookieStar » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:27 pm

TWitter is the bane of all athletes ( especially dumb ones or even Pierce who "claims" it was hacked. LOL)

OH yeah, so magic fans, are we breathing a sigh of relief that the trade with HOU did not go down? Otherwise we would have Royce as our headache
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#931 » by magicman123 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:48 pm

What's liggins and Orton up to? Are they on the all star ballot this year??
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#932 » by arsenal6106 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:20 am

magicman123 wrote:What's liggins and Orton up to? Are they on the Hall Of Fame ballot this year??

Fixed.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#933 » by RickB-Orlando » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:12 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:Royce White, what a shame, that kid is messing up his career. Agent needs to get him off twitter and into the d-league, fast.

He wouldn't be the first college can't miss player that missed, if he crumbles and fails.

For his sake I hope that's not what happens, but he's not helping himself right now. Sounds like he needs help, or more help, than he's getting at the moment to try and overcome this mess.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#934 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 pm

We are talking about a million dollar job. He is being an idiot. You have to cowboy up and fight your fears. I used to be severely terrified of heights even ten feet off the ground. I went out west and started rock climbing. At first, I couldn't look down or stand up at the top of a mountain, but the more often you do it, eventually you can stand near the edge and look down. We are all kings of our own minds.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#935 » by KingRobb02 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:59 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:We are talking about a million dollar job. He is being an idiot. You have to cowboy up and fight your fears. I used to be severely terrified of heights even ten feet off the ground. I went out west and started rock climbing. At first, I couldn't look down or stand up at the top of a mountain, but the more often you do it, eventually you can stand near the edge and look down. We are all kings of our own minds.

I won't go as far as to say he just needs to man up and play. But, in my mind, I definitely think he needs to either find a way around his anxiety or void his contract. Teams should not have to pay a player not to play or even show up at practice. If he's that sick, just take a leave of absence without pay and rejoin the team when you're ready. Don't go around tweeting how unhappy you are.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,273

Post#936 » by Bensational » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:39 pm

i'm just surprised he hasn't found a medication to keep his anxiety in check. it may impact his game, but if it helps him break a downward spiral long enough for him to develop better coping mechanisms, then it's worth it.

i can't say his contract should be void though. a mental illness isn't any less serious or debilitating than an injured joint or muscle.

on that note, i really think contracts should be heavily insured and feature provisions that allow teams to get out of them, and get them off the cap, whilst the player remains insured and covered in case of such an event.
Reverse_Angle
Assistant Coach
And1: 262

Post#937 » by Reverse_Angle » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:47 am

Ryno is the Gilbert Arenas of the big men.

"Aaron Gordon will cost Henny's job by Dec 2016." Predicted Dec 2014.

"O'Quinn will have a longer and more successful NBA career than Nicholson." Predicted Jun 2012. Verified on Dec 2014.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,273

Post#938 » by Bensational » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:20 am

Man, Portland has such an exciting, young and up and coming team on their hands. I was a massive doubter of Lillard early on and wasn't impressed by him, but the kid seems legit. From what I've seen, he still makes a lot of rookie mistakes, and looks for his own shot first, but he's pretty darn lethal. Between him, Batum and Aldridge, they have a strong core for the future. They could really use a SG like JJ to fill that team out. Unfortunately they don't have much we would want in return unless you value Meyers or their first round pick this year?
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#939 » by OrlandO » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:12 am

Austin Rivers has sucked so far... 6.8pts on 29%, 2.2 reb, 2.8 ast, 2 to averages in 30 mins/game
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#940 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:11 pm

Wow Lililard is really balling out of his mind. I was a doubter but he is just fantastic. Great draft pick Portland. Making the Wallace trade look worse by the second for the Nets.
aka: prorl

Return to Orlando Magic