ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA 3.0

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

crazy8ights
Analyst
And1: 75

Re: Around the NBA 3.0 

Post#481 » by crazy8ights » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:08 pm

I never thought I'd say this but how are we going to get passed the Clippers they are deep as hell.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#482 » by Slava » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm patiently waiting for Bledsoe to demand a trade for a starting spot somewhere else.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Post#483 » by TyCobb » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:25 pm

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:Image

The oriental Bynum.

Please tell me that is photoshop'd.. :rofl:
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#484 » by The Skyhook » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:14 pm

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:I'm patiently waiting for Bledsoe to demand a trade for a starting spot somewhere else.

I think they will hold onto him just in case Chris Paul decides to walk at the end of this season. I can't see him wanting to walk away when the team is playing such good basketball as a whole right now.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#485 » by EArl » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:08 pm

chi chi chi chia!!
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#486 » by tugs » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:59 am

Juan Dixon wants an NBA comeback.

Blake-Dixon combo = ring$$$$$$$
dub81
Sixth Man
And1: 182

Post#487 » by dub81 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:16 am

Man Bledsoe is a freaking monster right now. It's going to be interesting to see how VDN manages minutes when Billups comes back.

Also what about JR Smith?? he's baaalin and the Lakers did not go after him. SMH....Blake is making more money then him.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#488 » by ROballer » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:03 am

Gotta love the Heat homers on the GB

Getting manhandled inside by McGee/Faried(this game,Asik,Memphis/Clippers other games),outrebounded by 20 ,etc and they're coasting until the playoffs :lol:

Meanwhile ,the same dudes proclaim us as" not even contenders,but pretenders",old as dust and 2nd round fodders at best (having new guys to incoporate,not to mention different systems)
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#489 » by Jajwanda » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:06 am

They have a major problem inside. Bosh is not protecting the rim and his rebounding has dropped. James will wear out with these kind of minutes at the PF spot. When that happens the Knicks are going to give them hell.
Imadogg
Banned User
And1: 250

Post#490 » by Imadogg » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:30 am

Miami was great inside last year, with... uhh... who the **** were their bigs again...

At least they didn't win the title
ROballer
General Manager

Post#491 » by ROballer » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:53 am

Imadogg wrote:Miami was great inside last year, with... uhh... who the **** were their bigs again...

The 2 teams who had potent frontcourt production gave em hell(Indiana and Boston)....in the Finals they played a team with 0 production from the bigs on the offensive side,rather poor rebounders too and on top of that,1/3 of their offensive arsenal(Harden) layed out a stinker....OKC's entire offense was Durant/Harden
Heat role players stepping up and hitting 3 after 3 didn't hurt either

Indiana and Boston gave them problems(Hibbert/West and Garnett)....imagine Howard/Gasol,Gasol/Zbo,Griffin/Jordan,Duncan could do if they get in the finals

They simply cannot stay with any of those teams on the boards and will get exposed big time in the post
If they don't scored A LOT in transition or make their 3's at a very high rate(with high volume) they'll not beat the team coming from the West

With the shooters they have and with Lebron/Wade on the break,all the above could happen,don't get me
wrong,but will it happen often enough?(4 times in a series?)

Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#492 » by Jajwanda » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:47 pm

Imadogg wrote:Miami was great inside last year, with... uhh... who the **** were their bigs again...

Great analysis. Off course the type of big men they faced made no difference. Boston with their two jump shooting big men was giving hell. Inside against a big man stacked Laker team they're in for it. You'll see it in their matchup later this year. Bosh is in trouble, foul trouble specifically.

Over a 7 game series LBJ's legs are going to wear out. Guarding Gasol is something he can do sure, but it doesn't mean it's something he wants to do with all of the bumping and grinding inside.

Hill and Jamison by the way work the boards off the bench like mad men.
Imadogg
Banned User
And1: 250

Post#493 » by Imadogg » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:20 pm

I was just teasing with my post, but it doesn't really make sense in the analysis when you say stuff like "Lebron will get worn out".. yea maybe but our guys will be 10x more worn out so that's not really valid.

Miami is the best team in the league still and champion favorites, I hope with D'Antoni and Nash back we can finally show up and be ranked up there
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#494 » by EArl » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:02 am

Wheres that Gay mascot of yours Ima?
We need some good luck!
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#495 » by Jajwanda » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:18 am

Any teams out there in the playoff hunt that could use Pau? The price tag for Josh Smith can't be that high.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#496 » by ROballer » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:36 am

Jajwanda wrote:Any teams out there in the playoff hunt that could use Pau? The price tag for Josh Smith can't be that high.

If ATL won't bite on Pau,how about a 3-way deal with other teams

Houston had interest for Gasol, a few picks,Terrence Jones/Motiejunas/Patterson/Marcus Morris(a combination of these players,not all) sent to ATL?

Or Utah?Would they be willing to let Millsap go for Pau?(sending Millsap to ATL)

Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#497 » by Jajwanda » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:39 am

You'd want someone of value that can play next to Horford. Is Jefferson that guy? It's an expiring for an expiring. They get to test out Jefferson next to Horford. One guy is the post option, the other the mid-range/shot blocker. Both are expirings so it's real about trying out fit.

I'm not sure Houston does it based on the age of their young core but it's possible.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#498 » by ROballer » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:51 am

I think Houston would be absolutely interested in Gasol

The question is,does ATL want Houston's young pieces? Morris/Patterson/Aldrich/Motiejunas/White+ picks would be all available if Pau is set to come...some of this dudes don't even play now,let alone if Pau comes

Of course,Houston won't give up all of them but a package of at least 3 + some picks can be sent
Checked the ATL board and some guy was talking about the same thing

Enough with this here,I say we move the discussions to the Trade and Ideas thread,we're off topic here :lol:

Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#499 » by Jajwanda » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:57 am

Here's my question with Atlanta. They've moved Josh Smith to SF, he's shooting under 40% and he isn't showing that he really wants to stay all that badly. You know he's going to ask for some serious cash. Why would Atlanta pay it? How do they not trade Josh Smith is my question. They're going to shop him as best they can.

Gasol's value is more than enough for Smith, don't let REALGM's absolutely over the top Laker hate tell you otherwise. Atlanta's problem with Gasol is his age. He's not a player to rebuild around.

I think if Atlanta is smart they take two rebuilding players, a SG and a SF specifically along with a current player for Smith and calls it a day. Honestly if L.A. was in the same situation I would do it no question.
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#500 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:20 pm

a lot of teams with a gold jersey now

Return to Los Angeles Lakers