ImageImageImageImageImage

Big Shot Bob joining TWC

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

seoulman
Freshman
And1: 0

Big Shot Bob joining TWC 

Post#1 » by seoulman » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:19 pm

I have some fond memories of Horry hitting some clutch....some huge clutch shots for us. And not he's prohibited from expressing his opinions, but he certainly did annoy me with his negative attitude about the Lakers over the last few years. He was even negative about the Lakers team that beat the Celtics in the Finals.

So yeah, I have mixed feelings about seeing Horry come into this position.

On a side note, I wonder how it'll be if/when he has to speak with Steve Nash. I still remember when Horry got ejected from the game when he gave Nash a hard forearm while playing for the Spurs.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Re: Big Shot Bob joining TWC 

Post#2 » by tiderulz » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:56 pm

bleh, Horry didnt throw a forearm, he hip-checked him out of bounds. Nash overacted to garner more emphasis. Horry did what his team needed to do to win.

I believe he is still fairly respected throughout the league, he should be fine.
TruSkool
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#3 » by TruSkool » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:06 pm

doesn't matter. horry is pretty smart and influential, and seems like a likable guy off the court. he should fit well with twc
LakeShow242
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by LakeShow242 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:07 pm

I am pretty sure his name was Big Shot Rob and Not Big Shot Bob. I may be wrong, but I doubt it.
Wreckus13
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#5 » by Wreckus13 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:30 pm

I like it.

Rob seems like he should have some decent input, lol my one my favorite players too
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#6 » by Slava » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:29 pm

tiderulz wrote:bleh, Horry didnt throw a forearm, he hip-checked him out of bounds. Nash overacted to garner more emphasis. Horry did what his team needed to do to win.

I believe he is still fairly respected throughout the league, he should be fine.

Rob Horry was pretty much done at that point, he was passing up open 3s and basically just running up and down the floor making up numbers.

He just basically robbed the Suns of a well-deserved trip to the finals and most likely an NBA championship. I won't be surprised if either Mike D or Nash give him the cold shoulder.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
MensRea
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#7 » by MensRea » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:20 pm

seoulman wrote:I have some fond memories of Horry hitting some clutch....some huge clutch shots for us. And not he's prohibited from expressing his opinions, but he certainly did annoy me with his negative attitude about the Lakers over the last few years. He was even negative about the Lakers team that beat the Celtics in the Finals.

On a side note, I wonder how it'll be if/when he has to speak with Steve Nash. I still remember when Horry got ejected from the game when he gave Nash a hard forearm while playing for the Spurs.

I don't recall Rob ever being negative about the Lakers. References?
Speedlot
Lead Assistant
And1: 697

Post#8 » by Speedlot » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:05 am

Horry is an a shaq supporter/kobe basher. that's about it.
theFRANCHISE
Sixth Man
And1: 354

Post#9 » by theFRANCHISE » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:51 am

seoulman wrote:I have some fond memories of Horry hitting some clutch....some huge clutch shots for us. And not he's prohibited from expressing his opinions, but he certainly did annoy me with his negative attitude about the Lakers over the last few years. He was even negative about the Lakers team that beat the Celtics in the Finals.

I guess Magic Johnson, James Worthy, Kurt Rambis, Shaq and Horry have annoyed you with their negative comments. Who cares it just their opinion. But I'd rather have the opinion from people that have one multiple championships than people who haven't won anything.
"You could call it with braille!" - Chick Hearn
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#10 » by JellosJigglin » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:55 am

Speedlot wrote:Horry is an a shaq supporter/kobe basher. that's about it.

False.

This is great news if true. Does anyone have a link?

BTW Big Shot Bob is the nickname illiterate Spurs fans called him. He'll go down in Laker lore as Big Shot Rob, the name he prefers.
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
GoldKnightRises
Senior
And1: 24

Post#11 » by GoldKnightRises » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Didn't he just criticize us and said we don't have enough to win it all? Great job Time Warner....

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX

Return to Los Angeles Lakers