ImageImage

GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (Larry's Revenge?)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,057

Re: GT: 11/14/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7pm CST, (Larry's Revenge? 

Post#401 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:08 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:There are only 4,5000 fans in here ....tops! This is the smallest crowd I have EVER SEEN at a Bucks game school day or not!

Yeah the 2 week night games have been brutal thus far. Both were 11,500 approx. I think people will remain skeptical for a little bit yet. If we start getting teams like Miami, Chicago and/or consistently play well above 500 I think they'll start moving the needle a little bit.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,728

Post#402 » by Licensed to Il » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Henson's height, length, hands, shooting touch, and footwork have me excited. But his body is real soft, I don't think he is ready to start this season. I would love to have him battle for minutes behind Ersan until his shoulders and chest fill out. I think playing behind a high effort vet is the best way to develop youngsters.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,610

Post#403 » by emunney » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Henson has a TON of ability, it's just difficult to gauge his progress in the last 7 minutes of a game up by 2 dozen. It had a pick up game tone, and the way he played was part of that. I'm glad he hit his shots and blocked a few, but he also let a couple guys past him, didn't really box out, drifted around the perimeter offensively and didn't set good screens. Considering how well our bigs executed in this game, there was nothing Henson did that would compel me to put him in over the guys who played ahead of him yesterday, although there was enough to demonstrate what makes him an exciting prospect.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#404 » by Badgerlander » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:54 pm

I have mostly been impressed with Henson's ability to finish around the basket, and that he isn't hesitant to put the ball down and drive to the hole and doesn't shy away from contact. When Plumlee went up to protect the rim last night Henson just bendy-strawed his long arms right around him and flushed it.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
emunney
RealGM

Post#405 » by emunney » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Yeah, he's got good touch with either hand but prefers his left. One of a handful of rare idiosyncrasies he shares with Bogut.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#406 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:06 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
stevescheffler06 wrote:Henson looks like he could eventually be good but lets not get hyped over some garbage time points. And the fact that he shot within 3 seconds of touching the ball every time he got it.

I kinda like that he's a gunner.

Yep.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
emunney
RealGM

Post#407 » by emunney » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:22 pm

I like that he gets his shots up, but I wish he took more of them from the post. He's got some really natural moves and just in general I love watching a good post player. Next year I want him to start putting guys in the torture chamber.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#408 » by CanadaBucks » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:35 pm

emunney wrote:I like that he gets his shots up, but I wish he took more of them from the post. He's got some really natural moves and just in general I love watching a good post player. Next year I want him to start putting guys in the torture chamber.

His lefty hook looks real nice and could be nearly unstoppable.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,661

Post#409 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:52 pm

CanadaBucks wrote:
emunney wrote:I like that he gets his shots up, but I wish he took more of them from the post. He's got some really natural moves and just in general I love watching a good post player. Next year I want him to start putting guys in the torture chamber.

He better get Kareem range on them because he sure aint getting position on that low block.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#410 » by Max Green » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:09 am

I can see him developing a nice face up game fairly soon, he has a better handle then I thought, he's already shown flashes of beating a couple of defenders to the basket off the dribble.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#411 » by paul » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:14 am

We're not going to die wondering, Kobe says 'man you like to shoot'.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#412 » by Badgerlander » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:50 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:

He better get Kareem range on them because he sure aint getting position on that low block.

With his length, as he showed last night and as we've seen a bit with Larry and Unibrow, I'm not so sure it's always possible for one man to box them out. One step is 3'+ to go with the 4' reach... Are they going to call an offensive foul if Henson stops without touching the defender jumps straight up in the air and reaches over the player to dunk it, like they have called over the back on Larry reaching over a player boxing out for a rebound?
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,661

Post#413 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:08 am

I think Henson will be fine, I'm just not sure he's doing much on the block. I think he should really try to model his game after Taj Gibson.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”

Return to Milwaukee Bucks