ImageImageImageImageImage

The "CCJ was right again (except about Sessions)" thread

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Re: The "CCJ was right again (except about Sessions)" thread 

Post#121 » by closg00 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:33 am

The Cats win a B2B and are currently the 7th seed in the East :-)
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#122 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:43 am

The best thing that Ted Leonsis can do is learn how Charlotte is 4-3 right now and list reasons why Washington is 0-7--beyond injury to Wall or Nene--other possibilities.

Failure can be a great teacher. You haven't lost until you give up trying. As long as we have life we have a fighting chance to live and learn.

Charlotte turned things around in a summer. Washington does have tough people and pretty good players. Cartier Martin said that after scoring 14 points in a quarter last game. The Wizards scored 15 straight points. Every player, including Vesely, has some things they do well. The utmost thing the Wizards need to do is stay positive at times like this.

I know what they need to do and it's not that hard at all.
Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,111

Post#123 » by AFM » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:19 am

CCJ, I admire your optimism. I do have a hard time seeing what Vesely does well except kiss his girlfriend on the mouth.
RealGM

Post#124 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:00 am

barelyawake wrote:CCJ your next shortie should be Jarnell Stokes. People forget how young he is -- having entered college at 17 (because he was an honor student). Size 20 shoe, 7'1 wingspan, 240 already. And his hobby is playing chess against the old guys in the park.

Thanks, ba. This year I'm trying to watch more and follow more prospects early in the NCAA season rather than wait until Feb/Mar. Fortunately, I have more time to do so.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#125 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:19 am

AFM wrote:CCJ, I admire your optimism. I do have a hard time seeing what Vesely does well except kiss his girlfriend on the mouth.

From 2011-2012, his rookie season, here are some box scores of Jan's best games:

Game 1
http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 00WAS.html
In 16 minutes, he only took 2 shots and made both. He had 5 steals. It takes tremendous energy and effort to do so much in so little time.

Game 2
http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 20DET.html
In 28 minutes, Vesely had 10 points (4-5FG), 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 3 blocks. To fill a stat sheet also takes desire and effort at both ends of the court.

Game 3
http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 50BOS.html
In 25 minutes, Vesely had 11 points (5-6FG), 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block.

Game 4
http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 30WAS.html
As a starter during the team's end of the season winning streak; Jan played 24 minutes, had 16 points (8-8 FG), 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 4 steals. This was a dominating performance and the best of Jan Vesely.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 60WAS.html
Also starting with Chris Singleton and Kevin Seraphin, Vesely in 23 minutes had 11 points (5-7 FG), 8 rebound, 1 assist, 3 steals, and 1 block.

AFM, I did pluck a few games out among many not-so-good. I certainly ignored the bad or worst of Vesely. You wrote you had a hard time seeing what he does well. I agree. You and most other fans watching right now do. But what did you see last April, when Vesely was a starter at the end of the season?

I think Vesely is best used as a mobile PF in a running lineup. He plays very well with Seraphin and Nene because they can create offense, and allow Jan to roam for rebounds. Vesely moves extremely well for a big man. He is energetic, opportunistic, and I believe and exceptionally intelligent player. He is, however, a very bad shooter and he lacks physical strength. His confidence is being damaged this season IMO. He has been slowed by weight gain, injury, and the insistence that he play C; which requires that he bulk up.

The Wizards are mishandling him badly, IMO. What else is new? Vesely NEVER should have been selected 6th. He is belongs in the league, however. I think Jan will end up back in Europe sooner than later, if the Wizards do not get him a more suitable role.

When Vesely came to the NBA, he was considered a SF prospect, but there were concerns EG should have seen.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QZxGrVco3o[/youtube]

Very poor FT shooter, relatively weak hands, not strong enough to post with great success against NBA PFs, and not quick enough to guard athletic SFs. I don't see how this player was drafted #6. That said, he plays with passion and is so long and so mobile, that Jan can be a disruptive defender and a good garbage player on offense.
Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,111

Post#126 » by AFM » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:17 pm

Thanks for the post.
I think Vesely has a good nose for the game and is athletic. That's about where my praise ends.
He lacks very basic basketball skills, most notably being able to put the ball in the basket. I have no way of proving this, but those game stats you posted, I would assume all of those points are on dunks.
He has no post game, no jumper, no footwork, no ball handling ability... I could go on but I think you agree with me on this point.
Probably the worst offensive player I've ever seen.
closg00
RealGM

Post#127 » by closg00 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:49 pm

RealGM

Post#128 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:57 am

I want to let everyone know I plan to take some time away from RealGM.

Before I do, I would like to apologize for sarcasm or hurtful thoughts directed at others. If you feel I offended you, I apologize for not being sensitive. If you feel I spammed the board with incessant posts, I apologize. At times I could have thought before I posted and not ridden the wave of emotion to post what I thought.

Hopefully, my future posts will reflect more wisdom, compassion, and positivity -- and a LOT less self-promotion.

This board is really good again. I really enjoy recent additions by rockymac, payitforward, and old heads. I don't need to post much because others are saying things well and succinctly or more substantially. It seems the good news about being upset about the Wizards is we're a vocal community again.

So, thanks for indulging me and I'm out for a while.
Bye bye Beal.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,598

Post#129 » by pancakes3 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:14 am

Sorry to hear that, but RockyMac is pre-recession. I hope you'll still lurk.
Bullets -> Wizards
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,270

Post#130 » by doclinkin » Tue Jun 4, 2019 10:20 pm

Bumps.

Tried to bump this one:

viewtopic.php?t=968256
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,270

Post#131 » by doclinkin » Tue Jun 4, 2019 10:24 pm

Just saying CCJ I like you as a quality human being and am glad to count you as a long time online friend. If there's anything I can do let me know.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#132 » by TGW » Wed Jun 5, 2019 12:45 am

doclinkin wrote:Just saying CCJ I like you as a quality human being and am glad to count you as a long time online friend. If there's anything I can do let me know.

I've got something set up to go for him. Just waiting for the ok.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,853

Post#133 » by payitforward » Wed Jun 5, 2019 1:21 pm

I want to participate -- thanks for taking this on, TGW.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
closg00
RealGM

Post#134 » by closg00 » Wed Jun 5, 2019 1:26 pm

Same, let's do our homie CCJ a solid, ready and waiting
RealGM

Post#135 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jun 5, 2019 4:52 pm

doclinkin wrote:Just saying CCJ I like you as a quality human being and am glad to count you as a long time online friend. If there's anything I can do let me know.
What I need is assistance with acquiring housing.

I need some help now. I need a person who will vouch for me as a reference. My desire is to get to an assisted living locale.

I'm a veteran and my disability income along with Social Security disability puts me over low income. I need a way in...

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Re: The 

Post#136 » by montestewart » Wed Jun 5, 2019 9:54 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
What I need is assistance with acquiring housing.

I need some help now. I need a person who will vouch for me as a reference. My desire is to get to an assisted living locale.

I'm a veteran and my disability income along with Social Security disability puts me over low income. I need a way in...

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app

You know I will.

Return to Washington Wizards