Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,460

Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#1 » by dockingsched » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:06 am

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... vrit=53297

Kobe Bryant heard what Magic Johnson said about Lakers Vice President Jim Buss. It wasn’t kind.

But Bryant said he’s had no problem with the younger Buss.

“[Johnson’s] opinion is valued greater than most others because of what he’s done here with this franchise. I can only speak from my perspective in my dealings with Jim. He’s been phenomenal,” Bryant said. “He’s seemingly made all the right choices. Going back in time, I’m sure he would have called me and consulted me on the Mike Brown hiring but that is what it is. Other than that, he’s been behind some pretty good moves, some pretty good trades for this organization.”

you're either with kobe and jim, or you're against em.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,411

Re: Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#2 » by Slava » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:12 am

Good to hear. The last thing we needed was some friction with Kobe and anyone in the front office.

Magic was a great player but he's better served speaking less.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#3 » by tugs » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:22 am

either way, I'm not sure if Kobe will talk ill about anything with the organization. not at this point.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#4 » by iamworthy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:25 am

Magic has said alot of things in the past that I didnt agree with and I have supported Jim Buss after assessing situations in the past. By the fact that Magic spoke out against Jim Buss is HUGE. I would also venture to say that his comments has something to do with past experiences as well. Who knows more about the Buss family then Magic? Magic is like a son to Jerry Buss.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#5 » by BEazy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:09 am

Man forget this Hollywood drama ****. Just start winning games. Who cares about the he said she said crap. I'm tired of this team forgetting how to win games. I can't even speak about this team without other fans going "Hey, we didn't hire Mike Brown" or "Don't use that we didn't have Nash excuse" or the most common thing I hear from other fans "You guys have the best starting line up in the league and we still beat you." Just go out and win games man...

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#6 » by iamworthy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:24 am

We have become a reality show :nonono: Cant wait until we start winning games to get pass all this mess.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#7 » by Dr Aki » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:42 am

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:Good to hear. The last thing we needed was some friction with Kobe and anyone in the front office.

Magic was a great player but he's better served speaking less.

he's been talking since forever and you expect him to change?

iamworthy wrote:We have become a reality show :nonono: Cant wait until we start winning games to get pass all this mess.

where have you been all this time? the lakers were always a reality show
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#8 » by BEazy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:46 am

I remember differently. This team was about professionalism and privacy. Now too much stuff gets leaked to the media and they just eat it up...

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
b shaw20
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#9 » by b shaw20 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:01 am

I will start by saying I fell in love with the game because of Magic. I have always respected his opinions of the Lakers organization and how they should play, how they should do everything in their power to ensure they win, etc.

I don't recall him saying hiring Brown was a mistake, maybe I just missed it. Its easy to point the finger after the fact, but it wasn't Brown who choked a few games away vs the Thunder. In crunch time we (kobe too!) folded, period. Then we proceeded to let ourselves get rolled just like against Dallas. Not even Jackson made a difference in that series so not sure why Magic is so adamant about Phil.

iMO the org got it right in choosing Mike over Phil, primarily because there are just too many new players and expecting them to pick up the triangle on the fly is not realistic. Too risky. They couldn't pick basic math (Princeton) and you expect them to pick up Calculus 2 (triangle)???

You have Nash and you want to limit his skill set? Let him run the show and take your chances that given the players that are surrounding him, people will be spoon fed like never before. D Antoni has it right... simplify things and just let them play. As long as everyone is unselfish, we will be fine.

Magic of all people should be honored that D Antoni wants to emulate showtime and pipe down on why Jackson was bypassed. Sit back, enjoy the show.

Talk all you want in June.
b shaw20
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#10 » by b shaw20 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:10 am

to be clear, although MB is a hard worker and detailed oriented coach. I don't believe players buy into him as a leader they can trust. He is too soft on players because he wants to be a player's coach....

bottom line is he had his chance and blew it. Once we got Nash AND D12 everything changed and he should have junked the Princeton. It may have saved his job for a while longer.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#11 » by leeprettyp » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:21 am

good job Mr. Bryant
TruSkool
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#12 » by TruSkool » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:35 am

well his father pays kobe so obviously yeah
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,545

Post#13 » by hermes » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:21 am

DO IT MITCH :wizard:
Tee212
Lead Assistant
And1: 423

Post#14 » by Tee212 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:56 am

more reasons to why magic is number 2 laker of all times lol
chyau.00
Starter
And1: 713

Post#15 » by chyau.00 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:22 am

kobe also said mike brown was phenomenal. lol.

i love kobe as a player, but i take all his quotes as him trolling the media.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#16 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:53 am

iamworthy wrote:Magic has said alot of things in the past that I didnt agree with and I have supported Jim Buss after assessing situations in the past. By the fact that Magic spoke out against Jim Buss is HUGE. I would also venture to say that his comments has something to do with past experiences as well. Who knows more about the Buss family then Magic? Magic is like a son to Jerry Buss.

Magic lately seems to be turning into bitter old man status. You're right big game about him knowing the Buss family but you're not going to always agree with certain decisions. If he wanted so much say so, then he shouldn't have sold his shares.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
dub81
Sixth Man
And1: 182

Post#17 » by dub81 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:10 am

If anybody get's a pass it's Magic..

He's the greatest Laker ever and he know's more than all of us. He's a very smart man. I'm sure he is just not making this stuff up just for the simple fact that he's on tv. I mean he was there when Jim was a child so he know's more about Jim then us.

and it's true what he said. Since he took over alot of people came out talking about how shady Jim is.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,411

Post#18 » by Slava » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:23 am

He better be just trolling, ever since they put him on that ESPN half time show its like the stupidity from Jon Barry and co. has percolated into Magic's head through osmosis or something.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
branch
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#19 » by branch » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:43 am

Going back in time, I’m sure he would have called me and consulted me on the Mike Brown hiring but that is what it is

Does this line shows that he has always dislike the Mike Brown hiring?
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant
And1: 322

Post#20 » by DrewBynum77 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:47 pm

dockingsched wrote:
you're either with kobe and jim, or you're against em.

Can't dislike you. :lol:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers