Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread 

Post#181 » by LyricalRico » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:17 pm

nate33 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Derrick Williams is looking more and more like a Mike Beasley-like tweener. It is very early. Williams is only 21 years old, but for the #2 pick he looks more and more like a journeyman and never a star. He is a player the Timberwolves might trade.

Honestly, I would love to see a Vesely for Derrick Williams trade. It would make those civil rights leaders in Minnesota so angry. :)

It would also put Vesely on a team where he can make a good contribution and have a very good career.

That's the type of trade that could make a lot of sense for both teams. Vesely is a long, lanky athletic type that should be able to complement Kevin Love well. Love would guard the stronger, post threat, and Vesely would guard whichever big is more mobile and perimeter-oriented.

Meanwhile, the Wizards get a tweener who looks like he'll pan out to be a respectable offensive threat. (Well, we hope he'll pan out to be such a threat. If it was as sure thing, Minnesota wouldn't have him on the block.) The Wizards currently get no offense out of the PF position.

Definitely an intriguing idea. I'd kick in Crawford to make it happen.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#182 » by LyricalRico » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:20 pm

pancakes3 wrote:Singleton has shown flashes of being serviceable. He would have to retool his game a good bit but he could be Seattle-Lewis-lite (I know, I should temper my expectations).

I also think Singleton is looking like he's got a future as a role playing combo forward. Tough enough to play PF against tweeners, but has enough of an outside shot to also play SF. Sort of the role Battier played on Miami last year. Longterm, it'll be interesting to see how much success he has in comparison with a guy like Booker.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,151

Post#183 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:31 pm

nate33 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Derrick Williams is looking more and more like a Mike Beasley-like tweener. It is very early. Williams is only 21 years old, but for the #2 pick he looks more and more like a journeyman and never a star. He is a player the Timberwolves might trade.

Honestly, I would love to see a Vesely for Derrick Williams trade. It would make those civil rights leaders in Minnesota so angry. :)

It would also put Vesely on a team where he can make a good contribution and have a very good career.

That's the type of trade that could make a lot of sense for both teams. Vesely is a long, lanky athletic type that should be able to complement Kevin Love well. Love would guard the stronger, post threat, and Vesely would guard whichever big is more mobile and perimeter-oriented.

Meanwhile, the Wizards get a tweener who looks like he'll pan out to be a respectable offensive threat. (Well, we hope he'll pan out to be such a threat. If it was as sure thing, Minnesota wouldn't have him on the block.) The Wizards currently get no offense out of the PF position.

Not doing that trade if I'm minnesota. Trading good (Beasley) for less good (Vesely) and throw-in (Crawford) might add up talent-wise but your team is essentially going to win less as a result.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#184 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:30 pm

What's going on with Detroit, by the way? 0-8? Ouch!
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#185 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:13 am

Zonkerbl wrote:What's going on with Detroit, by the way? 0-8? Ouch!

Rodney Stuckey suddenly has become Rodney Stinky. Not since DeShawn Stevenson have I seen such terrible shooting from a SG. (Seems like a great time to try and buy low on Stuckey--see Trade Thread).
Bye bye Beal.
llcc25
Senior
And1: 1

Post#186 » by llcc25 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Danny Green hits 3pt game winner vs Lakers last night...

"Pop ran a play for Danny, and I think that was a great call, because Kobe always has a tendency to stay in the paint and think it's a play for me or for Timmy," Parker said. "Then we finished it off with a great play defensively. Kawhi did a great job denying Kobe."

Those were two players that we could've had had we a half decent GM..
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,824

Post#187 » by tontoz » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:24 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I am surprised nobody brought up George Karl is unhappy with McGee for offensive mistakes and getting tired very easily.

His rating may look stellar but among the three former Wizards Javale is skating on the thinnest ice with his coach.

Did they not know he has asthma when they resigned him? Obviously the thin air isn't going to help. Duh
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#188 » by Zonkerbl » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:What's going on with Detroit, by the way? 0-8? Ouch!

Rodney Stuckey suddenly has become Rodney Stinky. Not since DeShawn Stevenson have I seen such terrible shooting from a SG. (Seems like a great time to try and buy low on Stuckey--see Trade Thread).

Can he play backup PG and SG? If so, I'd trade him for Crawford.

I normally stay out of the trade thread. Too boring.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#189 » by closg00 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:53 am

Detroit lost by 2 to OKC but won tonight against Philly. The Wizards are the NBA 's worst team.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#190 » by miller31time » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:53 am

This happened today....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94EqxSBDHdI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#191 » by FAH1223 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:36 am

miller31time wrote:This happened today....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94EqxSBDHdI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

PG County Boy 8-)
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,213

Post#192 » by MikeTheKid » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:02 pm

llcc25 wrote:MIN is impressive. They beat DAL at home w/o Love, Rubio, Roy, Barea, Budinger. And with D Williams only having 4 points. Some guy name Pekovic and kirilenko had good game. Any chance we can trade Vesely for either?

Pekovice outright took the starting C job last year due to his outstanding play, Adelman loves him and that's why they amnestied Darko as well. Adelman would want the world for Pekovic but his is a bruising big!
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#193 » by GhostsOfGil » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:46 pm

AK with another huge game 26 and 12 rebounds.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,601

Post#194 » by pancakes3 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:12 pm

Did he get the platelet treatment too?

Also, Wall's backup at UK is making noise over in La-la land.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... n_Nickname
Bullets -> Wizards
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#195 » by DMVleGeND » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:07 am

Watching the BKN-BOS game. Andray Blatche just had a funny ass sequence. First he received an open pass an missed an easy pass and missed an easy layup (although fans were clamoring for a goaltend). Then on the next possesion, he receives the ball, pump fakes, and drives by his man and gets blocked, then gets his own rebound and throws up this crazy 180-style reverse layup, then he misses another layup LULZ!
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#196 » by AFM » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:16 am

Pretty much everything Blatche does is funny. Dude should be a comedian.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#197 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:03 am

Faried had 16 points and 20 rebounds against the Heat.

Got to watch and listen to TNT announcer at halftime show highlights of good plays by Javale Mcgee, and praise his progress now that the has a "good coach" and mentors, per Charles Barkley. "Now that he's out of that other place" is the phrase Barkley used. Says he sees Javale having a better future now. I'm not sure how well George Karl is coaching. McGee had 18 points (9-12FG), 6 rebounds, 4 blocks but only played 21 minutes. Javale finished +14 for the time he played in a game Denver lost.

Even with Faried as a teammate, Javale McGee is #3 in the NBA in offensive rebound percentage. McGee's PER is 24.6 :o

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... eja01.html

Strangely, he plays about eight minutes less per game with Denver than with Washington.

Ty Lawson has been shooting miserably since signing his new deal, and since Afflalo was traded. Iguodala is a bad fit next to Lawson, who finished 0-7 and 0 points.

The good news for Denver is that Jordan Hamilton looks like a 20-22 PPG stud and perhaps will be an all star, if he maintains some pretty phenomenal form. Hamilton in very brief moments seems to be what Wizard fans hope Brad Beal becomes.
Bye bye Beal.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#198 » by GhostsOfGil » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Even with Faried as a teammate, Javale McGee is #3 in the NBA in offensive rebound percentage. McGee's PER is 24.6 :o

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... eja01.html

Strangely, he plays about eight minutes less per game with Denver than with Washington.

But Mcgee has been TERRIBLE defensively. He's allowing his counterpart to average a PER of 32.4 and his +/- for the season is at -9!
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#199 » by closg00 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:38 pm

JaVale had a great game last night.
http://www.nba.com/games/20121115/MIADEN/gameinfo.html

Yep, JaVale + Seraphin never got a run. SMH
Spence
Head Coach
And1: 35

Post#200 » by Spence » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:03 pm

GhostsOfGil wrote:Mcgee has been TERRIBLE defensively. He's allowing his counterpart to average a PER of 32.4 and his +/- for the season is at -9!

If it was any other player I'd assume that's a misprint.
Satan is happy with your progress.
DC Pro Sports Report is a good site for DC pro sports news.

Return to Washington Wizards