ImageImageImageImage

Feel your pain guys

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

deircr3
Sophomore
And1: 36

Feel your pain guys 

Post#1 » by deircr3 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:39 am

Im a bulls fan that lives in near Orlando. I kinda like the magic because I go to about 4 or 5 games a year. I remember when it seemed like the whole bulls team got up and left. The nest few years we sucked and only won a handful of games. I remember how excited I got when we beat the good teams. It felt like winning a championship. Don't worry about it. In a few years, you'll be back in the playoffs. I do have to say when it rains, it pours. Lose dh12, lost 5 games in a row and a cheerleader gets hurt.
Malik Starks
Junior
And1: 48

Re: Feel your pain guys 

Post#2 » by Malik Starks » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:44 am

Thanks for the sentiment. I am one of the crazy few who believe that we will make the playoffs this year. We just need to get healthy.
SmiteaDwight
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#3 » by SmiteaDwight » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:57 am

That's the spirit Malik seriously we need more positiveness around here.

Seriously as soon as we can get Ish and Ayon off the court and play the rookies more we should be better.
Reverse_Angle
Assistant Coach
And1: 262

Post#4 » by Reverse_Angle » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:44 am

Malik Starks wrote:Thanks for the sentiment. I am one of the crazy few who believe that we will make the playoffs this year. We just need to get healthy.

I am rooting for that 8th spot, too, but I am not holding my breath.

On topic, I am personally not in pain as I have been enjoying watching Orlando basketball this season. I am more excited than I was last season and the one before that.

"Aaron Gordon will cost Henny's job by Dec 2016." Predicted Dec 2014.

"O'Quinn will have a longer and more successful NBA career than Nicholson." Predicted Jun 2012. Verified on Dec 2014.
Malik Starks
Junior
And1: 48

Post#5 » by Malik Starks » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:17 am

SmiteaDwight wrote:That's the spirit Malik seriously we need more positiveness around here.

Seriously as soon as we can get Ish and Ayon off the court and play the rookies more we should be better.

Truthfully I'm not sure why more of us don't see it. The Magic were a competent backup point guard and center away from taking out the Pacers last year. The same Pacers team that was a #3 cede and pushed the Heat six games.

This Magic roster is far better than that one. The same BBD that made a formidable Pacers front court his b***h for long stretches. I saw a spring in Turk's step during the first game that I didn't see last season. Once we get him back, and you add Harrington (who can still play) and Nicholson to the mix this team becomes pretty dangerous in the front court. Plus an already above average back court recieved an upgrade in Afflalo.

Even Jeff Van Gundy said before the season we had a good shot at the playoffs. He reiterated that when asked on the radio this week, he just said we needed to get healthy.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#6 » by Bensational » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:40 am

Reverse_Angle wrote:
Malik Starks wrote:Thanks for the sentiment. I am one of the crazy few who believe that we will make the playoffs this year. We just need to get healthy.

I am rooting for that 8th spot, too, but I am not holding my breath.

On topic, I am personally not in pain as I have been enjoying watching Orlando basketball this season. I am more excited than I was last season and the one before that.

I'm struggling this season. I can't get my heart into it. If I wanted to support a team that I knew had no real hope of doing anything then I'd go watch my little cousin's soccer team. But I also haven't got anything else that's ready to fill the void of basketball. It should be more work, but that doesn't lend itself to procrastination as well as being a basketball fan.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#7 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:15 am

I cannot support fighting for a playoff spot this year. We need to move pieces, use our TPE and get a top 5 pick this year. I don't care how weak the draft is, we have no idea right now if someone may skyrocket up the draft board and be ours.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#8 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:17 am

I was in more pain last season. I'm excited for the future now.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#9 » by MagicFan32 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:21 am

I would like to see us fully healthy before throwing in the towel, having Jameer back, all of a sudden strengthens our bench with E'twaun instead of Ish, then when Harrington and hedo come back, no more ayon/mcroberts, and also more mins for Nicholson and Mo as the season goes on
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Post#10 » by ChosenSavior » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:57 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:I was in more pain last season. I'm excited for the future now.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#11 » by CourtsideTV » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:01 am

i like the sig : how can u be moe harkless hahaha
Work Hard
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,696

Post#12 » by Viper1500 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:03 am

ChosenSavior wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:I was in more pain last season. I'm excited for the future now.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#13 » by Horcy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:43 am

ChosenSavior wrote:

Definitely!
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#14 » by Cigamodnalro » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Pain? Replacing a leader with a toxic personality and a pervasive feeling of being good but not good enough with youth, hope, and potential is the best thing to happen to this franchise since 2009. We will likely get a top pick, and develop guys like Moe Harkless along the way. I've been watching every game, and I agree with some of the posters above--I'd rather lose regular season games building for the future (as we are this season) than half-heartedly win those games stagnating in the present (last season).
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
arkknight1988
Assistant Coach
And1: 172

Post#15 » by arkknight1988 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:21 pm

Viper1500 wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:
Dancing Raddish
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#16 » by Dancing Raddish » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:58 pm

This year is so much more fun because Howard and his bull**** is gone.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,113

Post#17 » by Def Swami » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:02 pm

Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#18 » by Versubio » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:28 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:
Ballah
Bench Warmer
And1: 573

Post#19 » by Ballah » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:46 pm

To be quite honest there isn't a whole lot of pain. We had a good team the past few years and it was complete misery to be a Magic fan. This team is fun to watch and great to root for, we don't have the next Lebron or Durant (yet) but we have solid young pieces with a lot of potential and solid vets who are worth cheering for. I'd tell you we are going to be fine but i already think we are.
Ballah
Bench Warmer
And1: 573

Post#20 » by Ballah » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:47 pm

Not that the sentiment isn't welcome. I hope Rose comes back better than ever too, for what it's worth he is one of the better superstars in the league.

Return to Orlando Magic