Woefel: Bucks pace, Ersan no sleep, Moute may practice

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Woefel: Bucks pace, Ersan no sleep, Moute may practice 

Post#1 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:48 pm

http://www.journaltimes.com/sports/bask ... 963f4.html

Ilyasova, who worked diligently during the offseason to get bigger and stronger, admitted he has felt the pressure of living up to his big contract.

“I have had trouble sleeping lately,” Ilyasova said. “I just got to keep working and find my rhythm.”

Luc Mbah a Moute, who has yet to suit up this season after having knee surgery during the offseason, said there is a possibility he may begin practicing next week. Mbah a Moute is easily the Bucks’ best defender.

For Monta Ellis, who had played in a run-and-gun system in Golden State before being dealt to Milwaukee last March, the Bucks’ new-and-improved offense is precisely what the Bucks need to do on a regular basis if they are to halt their two-year playoff hiatus.

“We talked about doing this when I came here last season, but we never really did it,” Ellis said. “The last two games we’ve been doing it. And we should.

“We have two of the best at doing this (he and fellow guard Brandon Jennings). When we get out there (in the open court), we’re not easy to guard.”

With Ellis and Jennings leading the charge, the Bucks are averaging 98.7 points through the first seven games. It’s the 10th-best scoring average among the NBA’s 30 teams. It’s also a vast improvement over last season’s ineffective and rather boring offense, which averaged a meager 91.9 points a game.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Re: Woefel: Bucks pace, Ersan no sleep, Moute may practice 

Post#2 » by jeremyd236 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:52 pm

I'm not worried about Ersan. He can't get any worse (and we're 5-2). Just give him some time and he'll be fine - he's better in the 2nd half of the season anyways.

Ellis isn't a problem either. His efficiency really can't get worse and has to improve, and his penetration has really set up our offense nicely as he's an actual threat to score once he gets in the paint.

LRMAM coming back only makes us better, as we can now throw him on any SF or PF we need to "shut down". I expect Daniels to get a bunch of DNPs as soon as LRMAM returns.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#3 » by Nebula1 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:04 pm

I've given up on Moute tbh. I can't imagine he'll be the same perimeter defender with so much time down.

I do hope he gets it back, but I've sold out on him being productive for the Bucks so anything provided from him is gravy imo.
BringBackRoko
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#4 » by BringBackRoko » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:09 pm

Bill Sattler, a self-described “die-hard Bucks fan,” is doing his best to make sure Jennings and Ellis are not only the Bucks’ backcourt of the present but of the future.

Sattler has created a Facebook page called “Stay Brandon and Monta” Sattler said the page was designed to gather support to keep the Bucks’ dynamic backcourt from leaving the team as free agents. Ellis has an opt-out clause in his contract after this season and Jennings will become a restricted free agent this summer.

https://www.facebook.com/StayBrandonAnd ... ts&fref=ts

:rofl:
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#5 » by Badgerlander » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Ambien Ersan
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#6 » by AussieBuck » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:05 pm

BringBackRoko wrote:
Bill Sattler, a self-described “die-hard Bucks fan,” is doing his best to make sure Jennings and Ellis are not only the Bucks’ backcourt of the present but of the future.

Sattler has created a Facebook page called “Stay Brandon and Monta” Sattler said the page was designed to gather support to keep the Bucks’ dynamic backcourt from leaving the team as free agents. Ellis has an opt-out clause in his contract after this season and Jennings will become a restricted free agent this summer.

Must. resist. urge. to, troll.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,490

Post#7 » by JayMKE » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:04 pm

I think Ersan putting on muscle hurt his shot more than it helped anywhere else in his game

last year his production was great, don't messed with what works
FREE GIANNIS
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#8 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:19 pm

Idk about Arsen. His shot looks the same, just not falling.

Also when Prince comes back, I'd prefer to not see Daniels and Udoh much.
Do it for Chuck
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,376

Post#9 » by randy84 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:38 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Idk about Arsen. His shot looks the same, just not falling.

U doh know what your talking about.
stevescheffler06
Analyst
And1: 223

Post#10 » by stevescheffler06 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:13 pm

JayMKE wrote:I think Ersan putting on muscle hurt his shot more than it helped anywhere else in his game

Like a less atheltic to begin with Desmond Mason who basically ruined his career by bulking up.
Sneaky Pete wrote:In Disgiuse.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,729

Post#11 » by DanoMac » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:58 am

AussieBuck wrote:
BringBackRoko wrote:

Must. resist. urge. to, troll.

I tried...I really tried
bullox
Banned User
And1: 522

Post#12 » by bullox » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:25 am

JayMKE wrote:I think Ersan putting on muscle hurt his shot more than it helped anywhere else in his game

This is the NBA we're talking about here. Everyone is working to improve to better their game to get a bigger paycheck or win more games. If you don't work on improving, you will be out of the league fast. Ersan wanted to improve but he did it in a misguided way. He just needs to continue to work on what got him there in the first place. I don't fault him for trying to improve.

IMO his head is hurting his game more than any muscle he may have gained in the offseason.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#13 » by El Duderino » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:51 am

bullox wrote:

This is the NBA we're talking about here. Everyone is working to improve to better their game to get a bigger paycheck or win more games. If you don't work on improving, you will be out of the league fast. Ersan wanted to improve but he did it in a misguided way. He just needs to continue to work on what got him there in the first place. I don't fault him for trying to improve.

IMO his head is hurting his game more than any muscle he may have gained in the offseason.

Obviously not all professional athletes are wired the same way.

A guy like say Monta could start a season throwing up one brick after another as Ersan has, yet it wouldn't shake the confidence or get in the head of Ellis at all. He'd simply keep shooting the same type of shots he always took. Ersan on the other hand seems to care almost to much. Let's it mess with his head when open shots aren't falling. He's missing free throws. A couple of times i saw him hang his head after bricking another open jumper. Monta wouldn't do that.

This IMO impacts Ersan more than a standard PF because the jumper is his best scoring skill and jump shooting is so much affected by basic muscle memory. A jump shooter with with confidence issues will generally screw up that muscle memory reaction where a player thinks while shooting or thinks about whether to take an open shot instead of simply shooting it in rhythm.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#14 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:54 pm

From all accounts Ersan :droop: has been slacking and he has had PLENTY OF SLEEP... :sleep:

Too much in fact.

Perhaps he needs to wake up and pick his game up on the offensive end I think.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#15 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:09 pm

randy84 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Idk about Arsen. His shot looks the same, just not falling.

U doh know what your talking about.

Do it for Chuck

Return to Milwaukee Bucks