ImageImage

OT - General College Basketball

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Re: OT - General College Basketball 

Post#61 » by Ill-yasova » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:11 am

Dekker is still the only one getting anywhere near the rim.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,278

Post#62 » by Wooderson » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:13 am

Ill-yasova wrote:Dekker is still the only one getting anywhere near the rim.

He's the only guy on the team that can attack the paint off the dribble and not be completely overmatched. There will be some growing pains, but he needs to get 25+ min a game.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#63 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:00 am

Doug Gottlieb trolling:

Doug GottliebVerified
‏@GottliebShow
UF 74- UW 56 Good Job Good Effort Badgers
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,818

Post#64 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:24 am

Gottlieb is a **** (Please Use More Appropriate Word).
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#65 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:31 pm

Yeah, based on his off the court stuff in college and his on-air personality, I'd say there is a good chance he's a piece of **** in real life.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#66 » by worthlessBucks » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:38 pm

I like Doug, wish he didn't leave the mothership.
Go Bucks!
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,888

Post#67 » by BUCKnation » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:52 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Doug Gottlieb trolling:

Doug GottliebVerified
‏@GottliebShow
UF 74- UW 56 Good Job Good Effort Badgers

Good Job, Good Effort on a joke that has past its expiration date.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,739

Post#68 » by Treebeard » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:01 pm

From today's La Crosse Tribune - Bronson Koenig signs national letter of intent with UW.

http://lacrossetribune.com/sports/high-school/todd-sommerfeldt-it-s-a-red-letter-day-for-koenig/article_74197578-2eea-11e2-8208-001a4bcf887a.html

Todd Sommerfeldt: It's a red-letter day for Koenig

It was almost three years ago that Bronson Koenig stepped onto the Reinhart Athletic Complex basketball court for his first varsity game.

His biggest concern while playing St. Paul Johnson on the afternoon of Dec. 5, 2009 was finding his role on an Aquinas High School team nine months removed from a WIAA Division 3 state runner-up finish.

Koenig had no idea that his future was going to include multiple visits to La Crosse by North Carolina coach Roy Williams or that he’d play an MVC game in Onalaska that included a section of seating roped off for the rumored attendance of Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski.

Weather prevented Krzyzewski from showing up that night, but both he and Williams offered Koenig scholarships.

So did Kansas coach Bill Self, who was standing in the middle of a surface named after the game’s inventor — James Naismith Court — in a facility named after a man who coached the sport for 50 years and won more than 700 games — “Phog” Allen Fieldhouse.

Looking back, the afternoon of June 15, 2010 was the most important day in the recruiting war over this 6-foot-3 point guard.

That’s when he received his most significant offer, one that came from Wisconsin coach Bo Ryan.

Koenig still seemed in shock an hour after receiving that phone call, and it never really wore off.

He couldn’t stop smiling Wednesday afternoon with his dad, Paul, on one side and his mom, Ethel, on the other as he signed his National Letter of Intent to become a Badger. .........
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#69 » by LUKE23 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:08 pm

I think the Badgers 2013 class might be Bo's best. Landing both Vitto Brown and Nigel Hayes was big. Diamond Stone is still the huge target for 2015. If they can land him with Dekker, Koenig, Brown, Hayes, and Happ already in the fold, they are really looking tough.

I think this season is probably going be the Badgers worst year for the next 4-5, minimum. They are really going to miss Gasser's ball handling, defense, and efficiency.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#70 » by Badgerlander » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:27 am

Shabazz cleared
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#71 » by trwi7 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:28 am

DocHoliday wrote:Shabazz cleared

Now clear Nic Kerdiles, you dumbasses.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,587

Post#72 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:59 am

trwi7 wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:Shabazz cleared

Now clear Nic Kerdiles, you dumbasses.

Is that still under review? I don't follow very closely so I don't know. Last I heard we appealed, it was reduced to five weeks - I assumed that was the end of that.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#73 » by trwi7 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:05 am

I believe it was reduced to 10 games which would be 5 weeks but it's still a stupid suspension.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#74 » by El Duderino » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:18 am

LUKE23 wrote:I think the Badgers 2013 class might be Bo's best. Landing both Vitto Brown and Nigel Hayes was big. Diamond Stone is still the huge target for 2015. If they can land him with Dekker, Koenig, Brown, Hayes, and Happ already in the fold, they are really looking tough.

I think this season is probably going be the Badgers worst year for the next 4-5, minimum. They are really going to miss Gasser's ball handling, defense, and efficiency.

Yea, Bo has reeled in some really nice recruits the last two years. I'm very curious to see what kind of teams Ryan can put together with rosters containing higher levels of recruits, on paper at least. Dekker struggled a little vs Florida, but it was so exciting and refreshing to see a skilled wing actually attacking the paint off his dribble. For to long the only player with that ability has been at the PG position.

Buzz also just signed on a very good recruiting class. As a fan of both programs, it's so great for me to pretty much expect an NCAA tournament bid each year from both teams. I also like how the two coaches play vastly different type of systems and thus tend to recruit different type of players. So long as Buzz doesn't bolt for another job in the next few years, local college basketball fans who aren't alumni of either school have been and should be able to continue seeing the two major programs in the state playing high quality basketball. Playing in lots of games which are to be looked forward to. I love it.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,821

Post#75 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:27 pm

LUKE23 wrote:I think the Badgers 2013 class might be Bo's best. Landing both Vitto Brown and Nigel Hayes was big. Diamond Stone is still the huge target for 2015. If they can land him with Dekker, Koenig, Brown, Hayes, and Happ already in the fold, they are really looking tough.

Honestly I think Bo has a better shot at Looney than Stone.

Mu signed all five of their men and should be a top 15 class when said and done. It's going to be a down year for both programs and they'll still probably make the tourney. Should be a fun next 5 years.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#76 » by LUKE23 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:25 pm

From the people within the program I've talked to, Looney is a longshot but they feel very good about Stone. Looney is class of 2014, and they currently are filled up for their 13 schollies at the moment. Isn't to say they wouldn't make room for Looney, but historically UW hasn't gone down the Buzz cut or Crean type way of handing that.

Stone and Koenig are extremely close. C will also be the Badgers top need by far moving forward.
JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#77 » by JoeHova » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:46 pm

What do people think about Maryland and Rutgers reportedly joining the Big Ten? I know Maryland has supposedly been picking up some good recruiting classes lately.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,888

Post#78 » by BUCKnation » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:02 pm

Maryland is pretty good, but I dont like having non Midwest schools in the Big Ten.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#79 » by jeremyd236 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Dekker is a stud. Playing a clearly inferior opponent, but he looks amazing.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#80 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:55 am

Apparently Maryland is going to vote on a move to the Big Ten. I'm still not sure how I feel about them joining. They have potential to be good with all of that Under Armour money.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks