ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread 

Post#241 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:50 pm

No way the Nuggets do that

They have Lawson & Miller why do they need or want Jose?
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,222

Post#242 » by Raptorfan2012 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:55 pm

ballislife wrote:I think Gallinari will become available with the way he and the Nuggets are playing...

Would you guys trade Calderon and Ross for him? It could work out well for both sides. Maybe we could try to grab Andre Miller as our backup PG, we'd have to add someone like Ed Davis or Amir (preferably Ed). I'd do that.

LOL of course we would do that; BC will be dancing for joy if all it takes to get Gallinari is Ross and Calderon.

Denver will NOT be doing this though; they see Gallinari as a core piece. Heck, Bargnani can't even get us Gallinari.

Most likely obtainable SF is Chandler, and we probably will not have to give up any core pieces to get him (I consider Ross a core future piece for now).
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,441

Post#243 » by Morris_Shatford » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:09 pm

ballislife wrote:What about something like Ed Davis and TRoss for Derrick Williams...

I have no idea what Williams value is;
However he is the sort of player I see BC going after.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,195

Post#244 » by Mister Ze » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:35 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cywnxmj

Toronto out: Terrence Ross, Linus Kleiza, Ed Davis
Toronto in: Wilson Chandler, Austin Daye

Detroit out: Tayshaun Prince, Austin Daye
Detroit in: Linus Kleiza, Terrence Ross, Ed Davis, Nuggets protected first round pick

Denver out: Wilson Chandler
Denver in: Tayshaun Prince

Toronto: Obtain a starting SF and a promising young prospect in Austin Daye
Detroit: Move TP's long-term contract for 2 young prospects, a first, and Kleiza.
Denver: Move their bench SF for a veteran SF who can start over Gallinari since he's been struggling.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,441

Post#245 » by Morris_Shatford » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:27 pm

Master Ze wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cywnxmj

Toronto out: Terrence Ross, Linus Kleiza, Ed Davis
Toronto in: Wilson Chandler, Austin Daye

Detroit out: Tayshaun Prince, Austin Daye
Detroit in: Linus Kleiza, Terrence Ross, Ed Davis, Nuggets protected first round pick

Denver out: Wilson Chandler
Denver in: Tayshaun Prince

Toronto: Obtain a starting SF and a promising young prospect in Austin Daye
Detroit: Move TP's long-term contract for 2 young prospects, a first, and Kleiza.
Denver: Move their bench SF for a veteran SF who can start over Gallinari since he's been struggling.

I'm not convinced Chandler's value is that high;
He isn't playing and he is simply a victim of better players being ahead of him.

Kleiza and the Sac 2nd is about as high as I would go.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,790

Post#246 » by ash_k » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:00 am

Ok let's dream a bit!

So the Pacers have a bad start and Paul George argues with management and ask for a trade:

Bargnani + J Calderon + L Fields to INDY
P.George to RAPS

OK Contract wise IT DOES NOT WORK but always good to dream

PG Lowry
SG DeRozan
SF George
PF
C Valanciunas
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 149

Post#247 » by JunkYardSubs » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:13 am

I think we should send Bargs somewhere and maybe roll the dice with Derrick Williams.
SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,816

Post#248 » by SaveTheHens » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:16 am

Toronto in: Jason Thompson, Chuck Hayes

Toronto out: Andrea Bargnani, Ed Davis

Swap some bigs, Thompson has nice upside, Hayes would bring a lot of toughness. Raps make the playoffs.

Of course if Bargnani wakes up from his coma and gets back in "13 game mode" then we would regret this, but if bargnani stays mr. inconsistent I think it would be a great trade for the team
Rejected
Veteran
And1: 2,741

Post#249 » by Rejected » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:17 am

Biedrins/Jefferson and Harrision Barns for Bargnani and Acy
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,195

Post#250 » by Mister Ze » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:44 am

^ The team has Lee and Bogut locked up contract wise so I'm not sure why they'd throw away their best SF for a PF who comes off the bench. Carl Landry has been playing well for them off the bench anyway.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#251 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:57 am

JunkYardSubs wrote:I think we should send Bargs somewhere and maybe roll the dice with Derrick Williams.

Said this last year that we should make a play for Williams.

He's already friends with DeRozan and Amir and Adelman just doesn't seem to be his biggest fan. I think he's one of those players that could blossom in the right situation but it has to happen asap before his confidence is ruined and his development is stunted.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7qXxkVN-go[/youtube]

As for the poster that proposed getting Paul George lol you can't be serious....IND laughs at us; uncontrollably.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Post#252 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:07 am

I like Thompson but he's Amir/Ed 3.0... that just seems pointless.

I can't find great fits for Bargs around the league... not a great sign. Jeff Green or Wilson Chandler seem like they make the most sense. But I don't expect either make us better to move the meter and they both have ugly contracts. Best option is probably waiting until the team is 15 games under .500 at the TD, then dumping him for expirings and picks and unleashing teh tank & pray on lottery day plan
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager

Post#253 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:12 am

Dr Positivity wrote:I like Thompson but he's Amir/Ed 3.0... that just seems pointless.

I can't find great fits for Bargs around the league... not a great sign. Jeff Green or Wilson Chandler seem like they make the most sense. But I don't expect either make us better to move the meter and they both have ugly contracts. Might as well trade him at the deadlines for expirings/picks to tank if that's the case

I could never see Boston taking on Bargnani....ever.

So I don't see how the Jeff Green trade even being a possibility.
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#254 » by ballislife » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 am

TheGoodDoctor wrote:
JunkYardSubs wrote:I think we should send Bargs somewhere and maybe roll the dice with Derrick Williams.

Said this last year that we should make a play for Williams.

He's already friends with DeRozan and Amir and Adelman just doesn't seem to be his biggest fan. I think he's one of those players that could blossom in the right situation but it has to happen asap before his confidence is ruined and his development is stunted.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnM4t5u5UV4[/youtube]

As for the poster that proposed getting Paul George lol you can't be serious....IND laughs at us; uncontrollably.

This is EXACTLY what I've been thinking for the past while. This seems like the kind of move BC would make (as posted above after I suggested it). He can play SF... Adelman just doesnt want him playing the 3.

If it's true that he's only a tweener, what a better team to be a tweener on than with Bargnani - who's a 3 in a 5's body. It's really a perfect compliment. DWill is a good piece that we should be trying to add. In the 2011 draft, I distinctly remember BC saying, "there's only 2 sure players in this draft, and they're at the top of the list" - that was Irving and 100% Derrick Williams - so we all know he thinks highly of him. He definitely thought more of DWill than of JV during the draft, that's apparent.

He can hit the three and run the floor and jump out of the gym... he's athletic and would fit in perfectly with DeMar.. not to mention he has a good relationship with guys on our team. And best of all, he's still so young. This is the guy, if I were BC, I'd be trying to make a low risk, high reward move on. He could actually fill out his potential with us. It's a good fit. Most people are preconceived with the thought that he's a PF no question - when we have Bargnani, that doesn't matter my friends. Take a stab at DWill and realize that he's perfect for us.

We could probably get him for Terrence Ross (who's a duplication at the 2), and Ed Davis (a duplication at 4). Even then, some people would say we're giving up too much. I would do that though. That's a consensus #2 overall pick we're talking about.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Post#255 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:16 am

Timberwolves say no but maybe

Den gets Bargs

Min gets W Chandler

Tor gets Williams + contracts

Williams for Wilson Chandler looks pretty good for Minnesota IMO
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager

Post#256 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:24 am

I say Ross + Davis for Williams

I'm not sure Minny says yes but when Love returns I don't see how Adelman gets the proper use out of Williams and that's a waste of money and a pick. Davis and Ross may work out perfectly because Ed would only be needed for maybe 20mpg and be a true PF and Ross may actually fit well next to Rubio who can set him up for open 3s like what was intended with Nash ;)

Get er' done BC

Lowry
DeRozan
Williams (good rebounding SF that can be the PF Bargnani isn't lol)
Bargnani
Valanciunas

MIN

Rubio
Roy/Ross (especially with Brandon's knees)
AK47
Love/Davis (only needed limited back up mins)
Pek
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#257 » by ballislife » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:44 am

TheGoodDoctor wrote:I say Ross + Davis for Williams

I'm not sure Minny says yes but when Love returns I don't see how Adelman gets the proper use out of Williams and that's a waste of money and a pick. Davis and Ross may work out perfectly because Ed would only be needed for maybe 20mpg and be a true PF and Ross may actually fit well next to Rubio who can set him up for open 3s like what was intended with Nash ;)

Get er' done BC

Lowry
DeRozan
Williams (good rebounding SF that can be the PF Bargnani isn't lol)
Bargnani
Valanciunas

MIN

Rubio
Roy/Ross (especially with Brandon's knees)
AK47
Love/Davis (only needed limited back up mins)
Pek

Preach my friend... preach.

Another plus to the Wolves having interest in Ross is the praise that Roy has given him. He's made it known that he thinks Ross is going to be a very good player. BRoy could help bring Ross along with that Wolves team, and the Wolves need a good SG desperately. Ed would be a very good PF behind Love (also able to start until he's back). It makes a lot of sense for the Wolves. For us, we trade a #8 and #13 pick for #2. A guy that our GM and every other GM loved behind Irving (ahead of JV) in the 2011 draft. It makes a lot of sense. Derrick Williams is a very nice compliment to our lineup. It's really not that hard to see.
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#258 » by sweetcity » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:56 pm

I agree that Minny is the perfect trading partner... Id even venture to try and get Calderon involved in a deal and take back Ridnour, who I believe is an amazing back up point guard for our team. Ridnour and start when Lowry goes down as well. I think Ross has more value then we think to Minny as well.... Ross + Ed Davis would probably get us back Williams and Ridnour.

What about something like

Raps Trade - Calderon + Ross + Davis
Raps Receive - Varejeo + Ridnour + Luke Walton

Cleveland Trade - Varejao + Walton
Cleveland Receive - Calderon + Williams

T Wolves Trade - Williams + Ridnour
T Wolves Receive - Ross + Davis

Raps - we sit back and hope that DD becomes a superstar

Lowry - Ridnour - Lucas
DeRozan - Anderson
Kleiza - Fields - McGuire
Varejao - Bargnani - Acy
JV - Amir - Gray
WigginsNation
Analyst
And1: 1,389

Post#259 » by WigginsNation » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:06 pm

With all these trade ideas, the really question is if BC is actually exploring trades. And is Bargnani actually on the market now?? Or are we just wasting our time with these hypothetical bargnani trade ideas. I wanna know what BC is thinking.
A roc 23
Rookie
And1: 92

Post#260 » by A roc 23 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:26 pm

What is with the obsession with Wilson Chandler in this trade thread? He's in every other trade proposal. A couple pages back someone thought Wilson Chandler would be a more valuable piece for the Timberwolves than T. Ross and Ed Davis, in a three way trade.

Chandler:
2012-2013 - 6.5 PPG on 31% FG, 0 assists or steals in 70 minutes
2011-2012 playoffs - 4.8 PPG on 28% FG% in 23 minutes a game.

Are we really that confident that he's still the same player he was in 2010? He hasn't been consistently good in almost 2 years and he's still fighting injuries. He may have been in China for most of last season, but the 19 games he's played since he's been back he's been no better than Kleiza.

Why do we want to commit to paying Chandler almost 7 million a season until 2016? Maybe you take a gamble that he returns to his form of 2 years ago and you deal Ed Davis, but anything more and you're talking an unjustified risk.
"Pain is temporary, pride is forever."
Toronto Raptors: Rebuild it the right way!

Return to Toronto Raptors