Zach Randolph
38%

Total votes: 13

giordunk
Analyst
And1: 489

Who has been the Grizzlies' MVP so far? 

Post#1 » by giordunk » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Very impressed with the Memphis Grizzlies this season, and I really can't decide which of Gay, Z-Bo, and Marc Gasol has been their best player. Mike Conley has been fantastic as well. If you had to choose one as the team's MVP, who would you choose?

And I guess, going forward, who do you think will be the MVP of the team?
i like peanuts
KlanDans
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Who has been the Grizzlies' MVP so far? 

Post#2 » by KlanDans » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:18 am

Randolph is rebounding great if he can stay healthy, he is my choice.
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#3 » by vanjulio » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:52 pm

I have to go with Rudy right now just because he's playing with a focus I've never seen before.

But it's hard not to pick the league leader in rebounds and world's toughest baller (currently playing).
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
darkangle901
Starter
And1: 75

Post#4 » by darkangle901 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:42 am

You can make the case for Conley almost by default, because of how great the offensive balance has been. The PG deserves a lot of the credit for that.

You could also make the case for the bench as a whole. Teams don't get to take a single minute for granted on either end against us.

Gasol's numbers are down, but his passing has been really effective, and is one of the biggest reasons we're finally seeing cohesiveness between Gay and Randolph.

Gay is killing on iso plays and establishing himself as an elite player at the league's best position. He's the go-to guy when we must have a bucket, and is absolutely killing it on iso plays. I was out of my seat watching him take it to Kevin Durant Wednesday night.

Z-Bo is back to his old ways. Even when teams out-play us on the percentages, our rebounding effort is erasing that. Z-Bo is obviously the biggest reason why.

So I guess my answer is, nobody (or everybody) deserves the MVP right now. That's why they're so good.
You can borrow ten cents; my two cents is free
jefe
General Manager
And1: 634

Post#5 » by jefe » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:35 pm

That's a tough one, they've all carried us at one time or another - along with the bench as a whole. While Conley and Allen haven't had standout moments where they carried the team, they've been consistent in their contributions as well.

In the end, it's probably Zbo or Rudy - but even saying that seems like disservice to Gasol

Return to Memphis Grizzlies