ImageImageImageImageImage

Jan Vesely

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Jan Vesely 

Post#1401 » by hands11 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Knighthonor wrote:So when are you all going to admit Jan Vesely is a bust?

After 8 games into his second season when all the team had at PG Price with Pargo backing him up. That would be a good time.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1402 » by hands11 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:00 pm

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:

It's sad because I think Vesely is more so proof that Ernie Grunfeld is a bust. Vesely would've been a nicer addition had he been picked at 17, somewhere around the spot Seraphin was selected.

Had the 6th pick been used correctly the Wizards would have the core of the starting lineup complete right now, instead the team is still missing that piece.

Lebron, Wade, Bosh

Durant, Harden, Westbrook

Wall, Beal, ???

I hope I don't have to look at Grunfeld violently chewing his stupid gum, wearing that stupid poker face in D.C. for too much longer when everyone knows he doesn't measure up to other GM's . Pull off another lopsided trade that favors the Wizards and then be gone.

Wall, Beal, Nene now

Wall, Beal, Kevin next if he can prove he isn't a baby hughie

future .. They will see what Ves becomes along with Singleton, Booker, Crawford. They will also draft, sign or trade for what they need.

But I forget, the sky is falling so all that is true is the record 7 games into the season. Wall and Nene will never play another NBA game in their lives. Ves is a bust 7 games into his second year without those players. Beal is bust 7 games into his first season at age 19. Kid is washed up.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie
And1: 139

Post#1403 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:20 pm

closg00 wrote:
AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:

It's sad because I think Vesely is more so proof that Ernie Grunfeld is a bust. Vesely would've been a nicer addition had he been picked at 17, somewhere around the spot Seraphin was selected.

Had the 6th pick been used correctly the Wizards would have the core of the starting lineup complete right now, instead the team is still missing that piece.

Lebron, Wade, Bosh

Wall, Beal, ???

I hope I don't have to look at Grunfeld violently chewing his stupid gum, wearing that stupid poker face in D.C. for too much longer when everyone knows he doesn't measure up to other GM's . Pull off another lopsided trade that favors the Wizards and then be gone.

Jan Vesely wouldn't have been a good pick at 17 either, he is 2nd round material at-best because he has no basketball skills.

His lack of offensive skill is what made the pick at 6 so obviously ridiculous, but I do like Jan Vesely's hustle at that size, at that position, he has good instincts, length and athleticism so I think he was 1st rd worthy. Grunfeld screwed everything up in reaching to replace the intagibles that Andray Blatche lacked---overlooking Vesely's weaknesses and banking on him to develop an all-around game in the process.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#1404 » by Kanyewest » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:35 pm

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:

Lebron, Wade, Bosh

Wall, Beal, ???

While I agree that EG could have done better, it is unreasonable to expect him to get a big 3 of those caliber of OKC or Miami in the last 3 drafts. Even an ideal draft of Wall, Faried, + whoever turns out to be the best wouldn't measure up to those big 3s.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#1405 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:12 pm

hands11 wrote:
AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:

Lebron, Wade, Bosh

Wall, Beal, ???

Wall, Beal, Nene now

Wall, Beal, Kevin next

future .. They will see what Ves becomes along with Singleton, Booker, Crawford. They will also draft, sign or trade for what they need.

But I forget, the sky is falling so all that is true is the record 7 games into the season. Wall and Nene will never play another NBA game in their lives. Ves is a bust 7 games into his second year without those players. Beal is bust 7 games into his first season at age 19. Kid is washed up.

The verdict is still out on Vesely ALONE. We know who Singleton, Booker, and Crawford are.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#1406 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:34 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:

Lebron, Wade, Bosh

Wall, Beal, ???

While I agree that EG could have done better, it is unreasonable to expect him to get a big 3 of those caliber of OKC or Miami in the last 3 drafts. Even an ideal draft of Wall, Faried, + whoever turns out to be the best wouldn't measure up to those big 3s.

There's nothing that says to me that Wall and Beal can't form a legitimate big 3 in D.C.. That would've been in order had Grunfeld not followed up the drafting of Wall by using the top pick on potential rather than a sure thing. OKC's big three wasn't perfect but they were extremely good, all very talented and all brought in one behind the other. I'm not saying the Wizards could've duplicated OKC's big 3 in productivity but they could've duplicated their model of bringing in unquestioned talent through the draft each year, instead Grunfeld put that on hold by selecting Vesely.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,973

Post#1407 » by PerkinsFor3 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:42 pm

Starting tonight.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Post#1408 » by queridiculo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:45 pm

Level of excitement :|

Let's start our worst post defender against one of the better frontcourts in the league. Makes total sense.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,973

Post#1409 » by PerkinsFor3 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:57 pm

Kevin still on the bench as well. Meh. :(
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#1410 » by FAH1223 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:04 pm

WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#1411 » by WizarDynasty » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:21 pm

he needs serious hand strength. I would spend an hour a day forcing him to palm the ball and then having an assistant knock it out is hand until he can control the ball. Secondly, i would force him to play one one out on the perimeter against a guard 5 hours a day until he can learn to score against defensive pressure on the perimeter.
Wizards have no clue on how to develop assets.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1412 » by fishercob » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:26 pm

WizarDynasty wrote:he needs serious hand strength. I would spend an hour a day forcing him to palm the ball and then having an assistant knock it out is hand until he can control the ball. Secondly, i would force him to play one one out on the perimeter against a guard 5 hours a day until he can learn to score against defensive pressure on the perimeter.

That's kind of a lame analysis, IMO. You need to go into how he'd spend his other 18 hours.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#1413 » by WizarDynasty » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:35 pm

fishercob wrote:
WizarDynasty wrote:he needs serious hand strength. I would spend an hour a day forcing him to palm the ball and then having an assistant knock it out is hand until he can control the ball. Secondly, i would force him to play one one out on the perimeter against a guard 5 hours a day until he can learn to score against defensive pressure on the perimeter.

That's kind of a lame analysis, IMO. You need to go into how he'd spend his other 18 hours.

Have you seen him attempt a layup, the ball is normally slipping out of his hands because almost zero fine motor coordination skills. i have never seen vesely do a shoulder fake, i have never seen him do a running sky hook. He has extremely poor fine motor coordination skills. He catches the ball wide open and doesn't even force a defender to close on him before he passes the ball. He seem to have bad knees in that he can't get low to the ground and dribble the ball. He needs to spend the other 18 hour playing two on one and should be forced to ride the bench until he can show he has the ability to score on the perimeter against non athletic assistance by putting the ball on the floor. I would like to at least see a driving fade away shot, maybe a turn around shot. Dribble the ball with your left and spin back catching the ball with right hand and continue dribbling to the basket. The same poor fundamentals seems to be apparent with all of our bigmen. Our bigmen have no advanced dribbling moves and seem to never improve. the coach sucked as an offensive player in the nba and doesn't have the instincts to continously improve bigman assets on this team.
Force Vesely to spend all of practice playing two one on against non athletic assistance and it should develop his ball handling and offensive awareness and also allow him to figure out what his inherent advantages are being seven feet tall. He seems to have zero clue as to his physical advantages because he is has been in restricted systems all his life. That's how you unlock Vesely.-- booker...same thing except you force him to score with only his right hand in traffic. Seraphin...same thing as booker, give him the ball out perimeter double teamed and force him to score. after about 3 weeks he will eventually figure out how to improve from perimeter just by being put in this unnatural position he has probably never seen his entire life since only need to stand in one spot and score...Won't work in the NBA longterm. Vesely, Booker, and Seraphin----All needs a creative workout skills improvement regimen and whitman is the wrong man to be in charge of an bigman's offensive development. Wizards needs to see our young bigmen as assets to be developed and if we can' sign them at bargain rate, we develop them and cash them for other assets. having an asset and not develop it means you aren't increasing organizational value.
The policy is sign these assets to cheap contracts as we develop them and if we cant sign them, trade them aka james harden style--- we trade them upgraded for similarly talented talented established veteran. Our assets never increase in value and aren't even desired by the league because of our poor culture.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#1414 » by closg00 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:06 pm

I don't have much hope WizD, I think we have seen the extent of JV's game. I think the only thing we can hope for is for him to increase his shooting in-general and stop immediately looking to pass as-soon as he receives the ball. Basically, JV is afraid to shoot or dribble.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,824

Post#1415 » by tontoz » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:23 pm

fishercob wrote:

I see i am not the only one who has missed WizD. I just like reading his sigs.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Did it really take a new season to figure out Jan A bust? 

Post#1416 » by Knighthonor » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:55 am

Really, that much denial from Wizards fans.

Come on, you can clearly see he was a bust from early last season.

Same thing with Brad Beal. He a bust. Clearly see it.
Why can't you? Want to wait again like you doing for Jan to prove you wrong that he isn't a bust?
Lol...
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Re: Did it really take a new season to figure out Jan A bust 

Post#1417 » by dangermouse » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:06 am

There's a Jan thread dude.

IBTL
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#1418 » by Illuminaire » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:28 am

Knighthonor wrote:Really, that much denial from Wizards fans.

A large number of your posts start by complaining about 'you wiz fans' or something like that. It happens frequently enough that I have to ask... do you want to be part of this community, or just take cheap shots at it after the fact?

(For instance, I noticed that you made some bold comments about other people's predictions in the record prediction thread, but you never manned up to make your own predictions in the first place. That's weak man. Real weak.)
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#1419 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:37 am

It took a dumb trade for Okafor and Ariza, the return of Booker, and the conversion of Chris Singleton into a PF to push Vesely out of the rotation and cloud his role with the team in his second year.

Vesely already was a marginal talent selected at #6, but at the end of last season the Wizards had 6 straight wins and Vesely played a role in each of them. He ended the season well. Since, he was advised to gain weight and the Wizards basically f'd up under Ernie Grunfeld.

NOW fans who always blame young players are calling Vesely a bust. He is what he is and there is a reason scouting services had him on the radar with Ernie overreached to draft Jan #6.

Vesely needs to go to Europe or to a team like the Minnesota Timberwolves. He is not a complete bust.
Bye bye Beal.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#1420 » by montestewart » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:47 am

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt and waiting until February 15, 2013 to declare Junior Mint a bust.

Return to Washington Wizards