ImageImageImageImage

Official Draft Thread: Prospects Watch

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Re: Official Draft Thread: Prospects Watch 

Post#281 » by MagicStarwipe » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:00 am

Bobby Ray wrote:Holy mother.....i didn't know anything about Aaron Gordon until my boy put me on today. Should be in the 2014 draft with Wiggins

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI2LcYQwhrM&feature=related[/youtube]

He's like Blake Griffin with Handle and a jumper

Looks like a maxed out myplayer on NBA 2K13. Although it is just a highlight mix. Questions still remain, like how's his defense, is his jumper really that good, does he have a post game, can he rebound? Still very impressive for a 16 year old.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#282 » by Skin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Not really high on draft boards but Gabe York is pretty exciting. Gimme. Gimme.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKTwFIdl2B8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgPJri2MqDU&feature=fvwrel[/youtube]

Fast forward to 1:44

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jt1Ttliry4&feature=related[/youtube]
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#283 » by magicman123 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:11 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:Looks like a maxed out myplayer on NBA 2K13. Although it is just a highlight mix. Questions still remain, like how's his defense, is his jumper really that good, does he have a post game, can he rebound? Still very impressive for a 16 year old.

exactly, these dunk videos are very exciting to watch, but they often show the real talent of the players
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#284 » by Bensational » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:11 pm

that Aaron Gordon mix didn't do much for me. fantastic dunker, but there wasn't anywhere near enough shots of his jumper or handle for me to say he's good. not to mention the fact that he's a man amongst boys on that court. will definitely keep tabs on him, but i'd like to see him against some real talent first.

how tall is he? he looks like he's 6'6 - 6'9.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#285 » by MagicFan32 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:26 am

2014 is an amazing draft....honestly i think Andrew Harrison could be the best player, over Parker and Wiggins. we have to get more picks in this draft! we have 2 now. ideally we could draft shabazz this year, Harrison or Wiggins top 5 next year, pick up another top 15 and take Steven Adams if he doesn't declare this year. if we could somehow move Redick or Afflalo to snatch dwill in 2 years we could have.....

Vucc/Adams
Dwill/Nicholson
Harkless/Jones
Shabazz
Harrison/Nelson

with lots of capspace......this is my wet dream scenario right now :D
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#286 » by KillMonger » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:38 am

I agree with Magicfan32 except Steven Adams i saw him play and man i'll tell you if he declared he would be a lottery pick but he's looking like a 4-5 year project and you have him ahead of Vuc? no way
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#287 » by MagicFan32 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:48 am

No I have Vucc as our future starter, tho ideally i would like us to find a Tyson Chandler type of big down the road to compliment him. Shabazz reminds me of Dwade, so i defs think he could be a franchise player down the road, though not as certain as Wiggins will. the more I see Andrew Harrison the more I want him, we havent had a superstar PG since Penny, and in todays NBA if you have a big time PG you are ahead of the curve...look at Kyrie, Clevelands future looks bright because of him
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#288 » by KillMonger » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:00 am

Oh yeah i'm totally on board with drafting our PG of the future because that's the way the league is looking now for sure. My thing is that in this upcoming draft class no Big is really blowing me away and that's including Zeller/Noel/Adams but it's still early and i'll watch how the ncaa season progresses but all the Top Bigs to me look like projects but that's just my opinion from my eye test
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#289 » by Def Swami » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:02 am

Heads up, Shabazz Muhammad is expected to debut tomorrow when the UCLA Bruins take on the Georgetown Hoyas at 8 pm on ESPN2.
Truth24
Starter
And1: 443

Post#290 » by Truth24 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:52 am

LeBryan Nash is easily becoming one of my favorite players in college basketball. The guy is playing with high intensity and it seems like he can get to the rim at will. This is a player we should keep our eye on because if he keeps this up he will be rising up boards.
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#291 » by KillMonger » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:29 am

Marcus Smart may be a PG for us to keep an eye out for. Word is he took it to Lorenzo Brown dropped an easy 20 on him. Got a Vid here to get guys familiar with his skillset. What do you think of him guys?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nGKgQru5_A[/youtube]
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,205

Post#292 » by thelead » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:44 am

He's a little hefty for being 6'4" (225 lbs). He would be able bully NBA PGs but I wonder he has the quickness to keep up with the westbrooks/roses of the NBA. Definitely someone to keep an eye on though. I like his motor.
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#293 » by Neon1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:26 am

Bobby Ray wrote:Marcus Smart may be a PG for us to keep an eye out for. Word is he took it to Lorenzo Brown dropped an easy 20 on him. Got a Vid here to get guys familiar with his skillset. What do you think of him guys?

Honestly that video doesnt show too much in the way of NBA skillset (passing,handle,shooting seperation etc). He def has NBA physicality though. I would have too see him against college kids to get a good evaluation.
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#294 » by KillMonger » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:34 am

Neon1 wrote:
Bobby Ray wrote:Marcus Smart may be a PG for us to keep an eye out for. Word is he took it to Lorenzo Brown dropped an easy 20 on him. Got a Vid here to get guys familiar with his skillset. What do you think of him guys?

Honestly that video doesnt show too much in the way of NBA skillset (passing,handle,shooting seperation etc). He def has NBA physicality though. I would have too see him against college kids to get a good evaluation.

He is in college like i said just dropped 20 on NC State i believe they're ranked so they're a pretty good team. I also love his physicality there are other aspects of his game i like as well. I'm keeping an eye on most of the PG prospects so i'm adding him to the list of those i'm watching
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Post#295 » by RYgoBOOM » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:48 pm

He **** on Lorenzo brown....who I am now not even looking at lol
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#296 » by KillMonger » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:05 pm

Here is the video of what Marcus Smart did to NC State couple of days ago

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwLXxHlhMwk[/youtube]
glove1989
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#297 » by glove1989 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:25 pm

Bobby Ray wrote:Oh yeah i'm totally on board with drafting our PG of the future because that's the way the league is looking now for sure. My thing is that in this upcoming draft class no Big is really blowing me away and that's including Zeller/Noel/Adams but it's still early and i'll watch how the ncaa season progresses but all the Top Bigs to me look like projects but that's just my opinion from my eye test

Being a Pitt student I have seen all the games and I highly doubt adams leaves this year. He is still extremely raw. We also have not been recruiting any centers for the 2013 class so it leads me to believe that they know he will stay. With that said there are times where he shows he has all the tools to be extremely successful (never a superstar, but a borderline all-star) but those flashes are few and far between. Definitely not lottery right now.
Hail to Pitt!
We Will!
Truth24
Starter

Post#298 » by Truth24 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:59 am

Two names to keep an eye out for when watching UCLA-Georgetown game is Otto Porter and Greg Whittington they are two 6'8' forwards who play some nasty defense.
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#299 » by KillMonger » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:02 am

Truth24 wrote:Two names to keep an eye out for when watching UCLA-Georgetown game is Otto Porter and Greg Whittington they are two 6'8' forwards who play some nasty defense.

Otto Porter is almost a Harkless clone. No need for him in my honest opinion
Truth24
Starter

Post#300 » by Truth24 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:14 am

Bobby Ray wrote:
Truth24 wrote:Two names to keep an eye out for when watching UCLA-Georgetown game is Otto Porter and Greg Whittington they are two 6'8' forwards who play some nasty defense.

Otto Porter is almost a Harkless clone. No need for him in my honest opinion

I don't think he is a clone of Harkless but he does have some similarities in that he plays nasty defense and can rebound the ball. I actually like all of Georgetowns forwards they all are pretty solid players and Porter/Whittington are going to be solid pros.

Return to Orlando Magic