ImageImageImageImageImage

Where is Camby??

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

king billing
Senior
And1: 21

Re: Where is Camby?? 

Post#21 » by king billing » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:14 pm

HateMyThreads wrote:Guys it was back to back nights. His calf isn't 100% .... he can barely practice. Relax you do know we're in game 7 of the season not game 25. He'll be playing a lot more in the next week or 2. Why rush an older guy like Camby back this early in the season when he's not 100%? If Camby gets in there and plays 20 min tonight against Memphis and is hurt for 2 weeks .... everyone here is asking why Woodson played him. U guys are crazy

We're crazy because we are the worst rebounding team in the league? Our best rebounding big man is sitting on the bench.

I'd rather see more Camby and less Wallace
Bob Ross
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,420

Post#22 » by Bob Ross » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Its got to be a matter of him not being in game shape yet and the Knicks have been very careful not to bring anyone back until they are satisfied that the injury is completely healed. I'm thinking it has got to be something like that; maybe Marcus felt something in his calf during Orlando.

I'm not surprised that the Knicks haven't addressed it; they aren't exactly the most forthcoming with injury info. I am surprised that no one in the media seems to be asking about it. Are media members instructed not to ask? Am I a paranoid wreck? Who knows. I'm sure we will hear something about it soon...hopefully
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#23 » by Pharmcat » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:53 pm

hes just not ready

i wonder if he took the summer off
melo mvp 15
Assistant Coach
And1: 393

Post#24 » by melo mvp 15 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:23 pm

I was saying we needed Camby to play versus Memphis and when he didn't play vs SA I figured Woodson realized this and was saving him. But Camby not seeing the floor at all vs MEM, really confuses me.
melo mvp 15
Assistant Coach

Post#25 » by melo mvp 15 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:32 pm

Bob Ross wrote:Its got to be a matter of him not being in game shape yet and the Knicks have been very careful not to bring anyone back until they are satisfied that the injury is completely healed. I'm thinking it has got to be something like that; maybe Marcus felt something in his calf during Orlando.

I'm not surprised that the Knicks haven't addressed it; they aren't exactly the most forthcoming with injury info. I am surprised that no one in the media seems to be asking about it. Are media members instructed not to ask? Am I a paranoid wreck? Who knows. I'm sure we will hear something about it soon...hopefully

Yeah we were very cautious not to play Sheed until we thought he was in shape (enough). Smart move. It's much easier to get injured when you're out of shape. Especially with these older guys. I wonder if Woody just determined Camby wasn't in good enough shape? I hope it's that and we're not hiding another injury (like we've been doing so much of).
FrozenInfernoZX
Junior
And1: 49

Post#26 » by FrozenInfernoZX » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:20 pm

SMAC-K wrote:Relax. You guys forget how long the NBA season is, and how far we envision going in the playoffs. Its been 7 games and the team has a 6-1 record. Woody knows he has an older group so he has to protect these guys and manage their minutes properly. Camby is not fully healthy so need to rush him. He will be a huge help during our second half of the season run and throughout the playoffs. The fresher he is later, the better. For right now, we seem to be doing just fine without him. One loss to the Grizz means nothing. Yeah they are big and Camby's services would have been useful, but at what price would it come? Banging down low with their bigs and risk injury when hes not fully healthy, just to win our 7th game of the season, when we already had a 6-0 start is just not worth it. Trust Woody and his strategy, hes a pretty smart coach.

This. I wouldn't mind our vets occasionally sitting out games. We NEED them for the playoffs.
blueNorange wrote:i have more trust in a pedophile babysitting a kindergarten class than amar'e's knees

----------------------------------------
The Knicks need some D cause they don't get any. They are a sexually frustrated team needing the D! Where's the Defense! :lol:
Boss_
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 233

Post#27 » by Boss_ » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:35 pm

Im hoping its just Camby not being physically ready, not having the legs underneath him, and not having a vigorous workout routine in the summer and just slacked, as opposed to the coach simply not playing him.

Either way...
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#28 » by Huey Freeman » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:46 pm

casesuggs6 wrote:So my gripe is, why didn't Kurt play more. My only guess is that they were playing well in the first half, so Woody didn't think he needed to.

I totally agree. IMO Woody still should have somehow found some minutes for KT that second half. He's always talking about vets knowing how to play in key situation but yet didn't get Kurt in there to spell Melo's inability to contain Gasol. I'm not saying he would have stopped him but I think he would have done a better job that Melo, if for no other reason to give hard fouls.
Revolution starts in the mind...
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#29 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:02 pm

We have only played 7 games and he is coming off of an injury.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,355

Post#30 » by god shammgod » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Huey Freeman wrote:
casesuggs6 wrote:So my gripe is, why didn't Kurt play more. My only guess is that they were playing well in the first half, so Woody didn't think he needed to.

I totally agree. IMO Woody still should have somehow found some minutes for KT that second half. He's always talking about vets knowing how to play in key situation but yet didn't get Kurt in there to spell Melo's inability to contain Gasol. I'm not saying he would have stopped him but I think he would have done a better job that Melo, if for no other reason to give hard fouls.

i think woody kind of acknowledged his mistake in some quotes i read this morning. i understand not wanting to change what's been working. i think now he might change the lineup when we play a bigger team.
melo mvp 15
Assistant Coach

Post#31 » by melo mvp 15 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:49 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:He didn't look good in the few minutes he's played.

He's just not ready.

I didn't think he looked bad. Not great, but definitely not bad IMO. I mean he rebounded well. Considering he's gotten like a total of >10 minutes this season (off the top of my head), we can't really say much lol.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#32 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:10 pm

the Knicks need to rush him back now? Let the man heal.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Post#33 » by Scalabrine » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:29 pm

ctorres wrote:
TheBigBoss wrote:
ctorres wrote:Sheed is our back up center. Woodson probably feels that he can't play Sheed and Camby together so he has to pick one.

That makes no sense, their games compliment one another's.

Offensively yes, but defensively they can't keep up with most opposing 4's.

Cambyses barely plays offense.

Which PFs can't Camby or Sheed keep up with exactly? Blake Griffin maybe, but we don't have a good matchup solution for that.
Go Knicks!
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#34 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:44 pm

clearly posters here know more about Camby's health and ability than the coach

as usual

man, if only the coach and players and GMs were as in touch with themselves and each other as we as fans are ...

{ps. its possible that Camby is out of shape, has leg issues and the terrible chemistry shown in his limited mins with us so far are more telling than his box score from those limited mins. Be patient. Its not like we are losing games anyway}
SonOfMars
RealGM
And1: 2,741

Post#35 » by SonOfMars » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:37 am

If Woodson feels Camby isnt ready to contribute yet, then I trust his judgement enough to accept that.
Props Turbo_Zone
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#36 » by god shammgod » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Camby missed all of preseason and the first two regular-season games resting his calf strain. Asked after the Memphis game if he was OK physically, Camby emphatically said, “I feel great.’’

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/friend_in_sheed_5Px4O7zyKgyxLdx6nPtQmI

so not injured
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#37 » by god shammgod » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone

Woodson said there is nothing wrong with Camby. Said he has to be ready when called upon.
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#38 » by SaveUsKP6 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:02 pm

This is Woodson's first gaffe. No reason not to play a healthy Camby when we sorely lacking a rebounder and an interior presence.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#39 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Maybe Woodson knows something that we can't see.

I trust his decisions.

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#40 » by KnicksScholar24 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:56 pm

I don't know if I trust Woodson. He has a man crush on JR and Sheed, so he's going to play them way too much, and therefore Brewer, Camby, & Thomas will be under utilized.

The real question is how will Woodson's man crushes affect Stoudemire & Shumperts minutes when they get back.

Stoudemire & Shumpert are probably better than Wallace & Smith, but the Wallace & Smith combo are more of two-way players. They just sometimes make question decisions on the court. I can't say Stoudemire or Shumpert are much better, though. I think Camby/Brewer are probably the higher IQ players as they tend to play within their skill level on the offensive end, and provide their team with great consistent play on the defensive end.

It's a good thing to have all three duos, but also a bad thing if the coach doesn't not how to manager their playing time. I hate when coaches only go 9 players deep in their rotation on a team that is at least 12-13 deep. It only causes the other players to get rusty and have low chemistry with the core rotation players, but yet if an injury or foul trouble happens he'll expect them to perform at their top level. That's most likely not going to happen. That is garbage coaching.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...

Return to New York Knicks