Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal'

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Re: Kobe Bryant: Jim Buss has been 'phenomenal' 

Post#21 » by LLcoleJ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 pm

dub81 wrote: I mean he was there when Jim was a child so he know's more about Jim then us.

They are the same age. So when Magic met Jim they were both well past child status.

----

I think people give Jim Buss to much grief based on one point. Dr Buss is still the shot caller. When Doc is gone or incapacitated then we can start pointing serious fingers at Jimmy. Until then let's have some faith and look at the all the good this front office is trying to do for us fans.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant
And1: 322

Post#22 » by DrewBynum77 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:48 pm

branch wrote:
Going back in time, I’m sure he would have called me and consulted me on the Mike Brown hiring but that is what it is

Does this line shows that he has always dislike the Mike Brown hiring?

At the time Kobe publicly criticized the FO for not hiring Brian Shaw. Nothing new.
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#23 » by Marionettetc » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:58 pm

hermes wrote:DO IT MITCH :wizard:

:lol:
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#24 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:13 am

Kobe didnt want mike brown? Well crap, that answers alot of heresay and bull out there.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,115

Post#25 » by Edrees » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:43 am

I guess that means they did consult kobe on pringles
D-BE-LAW
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#26 » by D-BE-LAW » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:59 am

dockingsched wrote:http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-kobe-bryant-jim-buss-has-been-phenomenal-20121115,0,3984517.story?track=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53297

Kobe Bryant heard what Magic Johnson said about Lakers Vice President Jim Buss. It wasn’t kind.

But Bryant said he’s had no problem with the younger Buss.

“[Johnson’s] opinion is valued greater than most others because of what he’s done here with this franchise. I can only speak from my perspective in my dealings with Jim. He’s been phenomenal,” Bryant said. “He’s seemingly made all the right choices. Going back in time, I’m sure he would have called me and consulted me on the Mike Brown hiring but that is what it is. Other than that, he’s been behind some pretty good moves, some pretty good trades for this organization.”

you're either with kobe and jim, or you're against em.

kobe working real hard to get that statue up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LateRoundFlyer
Junior
And1: 8

Post#27 » by LateRoundFlyer » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:53 am

Anklebreaker702 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:Magic has said alot of things in the past that I didnt agree with and I have supported Jim Buss after assessing situations in the past. By the fact that Magic spoke out against Jim Buss is HUGE. I would also venture to say that his comments has something to do with past experiences as well. Who knows more about the Buss family then Magic? Magic is like a son to Jerry Buss.

Magic lately seems to be turning into bitter old man status. You're right big game about him knowing the Buss family but you're not going to always agree with certain decisions. If he wanted so much say so, then he shouldn't have sold his shares.

Doesn't make a difference. Those shares didn't give him any to begin with; he was a silent partner beforehand.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#28 » by EArl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:14 am

iamworthy wrote:We have become a reality show :nonono: Cant wait until we start winning games to get pass all this mess.

When have we not been a reality show?
If someone takes a ****, you can bet your ass that it will be on ESPN.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#29 » by EArl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:16 am

D-BE-LAW wrote:
dockingsched wrote:http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-kobe-bryant-jim-buss-has-been-phenomenal-20121115,0,3984517.story?track=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53297

Kobe Bryant heard what Magic Johnson said about Lakers Vice President Jim Buss. It wasn’t kind.

But Bryant said he’s had no problem with the younger Buss.

“[Johnson’s] opinion is valued greater than most others because of what he’s done here with this franchise. I can only speak from my perspective in my dealings with Jim. He’s been phenomenal,” Bryant said. “He’s seemingly made all the right choices. Going back in time, I’m sure he would have called me and consulted me on the Mike Brown hiring but that is what it is. Other than that, he’s been behind some pretty good moves, some pretty good trades for this organization.”

you're either with kobe and jim, or you're against em.

kobe working real hard to get that statue up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kobe has been had that statue on lock down.
The dude brought 5 banners to Staples Center.
Out of all the current statues out there, Kobe would be the one that actually did the performing in Staples Center. Oscar de La Hoya does not count. He fought like once there.
The only real question is whether he will want it gold or platinum :lol:
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#30 » by kblo247 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:23 pm

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:He better be just trolling, ever since they put him on that ESPN half time show its like the stupidity from Jon Barry and co. has percolated into Magic's head through osmosis or something.

He's always been stupid as it relates to basketball outside playing it.

He was a dumbass coach. I repeat dumbass, as in make Mike Brown look brilliant

He was horrible on TNT, and helped spread the Kobe and Shaq beef. He would say every week those involved with the team should keep laundry inside and then while having the title vp and minority ownership, go out there and talk about, basically taking Shaqs side over Kobe.

H was horrible when he first started on abc and known for contradicting himself in games, not knowing players names, and not even being funny like Charles.
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#31 » by Run-MKE 311 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:21 pm

Meh, I am still not a fan of Baby Jimmy, even if Kobe does give him the corporate line endorsement.

Agreed with a bunch of the posters here, I am getting tired of the drama and just want to see wins. Things should settle down now that we are putting strings of wins together.

Kobe at this point in his career is looking to stack more Chips, he is not going to take the lazy media bait and go after Buss, who himself is an easy target.
Ball so hard.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers