PF-Vesley
C-Seraphin
Jay81
Starter
And1: 473

Re: Wizards vs Utah Sat 7PM @ the Booth 

Post#122 » by Jay81 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:12 am

DMVleGeND wrote:
keynote wrote:I had hoped that Beal could play above the rim a bit more, a la Eric Gordon. I haven't seen much of that yet, but I don't know whether that's due to a lack of explosiveness, or a lack of confidence. I'm hoping it's the latter, and that he'll go to the rack high and hard once he gets comfortable.

Eric Gordon was always a better athlete than Beal in terms of quickness and explosiveness. Beal is more of a below the rim player.

Eric Gordon dosent play and makes the Max. Id take beal over that in a heartbeat
Jay81
Starter

Post#123 » by Jay81 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:15 am

tanking was more fun last year when there was only 66 games and the season would quickly end. This year is going to be brutal. Wow
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#124 » by truwizfan4evr » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:29 am

Jay81 How many games you think we will lose before we win a game?
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,213

Post#125 » by MikeTheKid » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:31 am

Is it time for Ted to just fire everyone and give the team to Cassell?
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach

Post#126 » by truwizfan4evr » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:32 am

MikeTheKid wrote:Is it time for Ted to just fire everyone and give the team to Cassell?

Why Cassell? lol
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
Jay81
Starter

Post#127 » by Jay81 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:37 am

truwizfan4evr wrote:Jay81 How many games you think we will lose before we win a game?

um..81
Jay81
Starter

Post#128 » by Jay81 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:38 am

is Harrison barnes better than Bradley Beal?
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#129 » by dandridge 10 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:38 am

Yeah, the rotations tonight were mind-boggling. Don't know why Webster got no minutes and Beal was limited to 13. I also don't know why Witt sat Vesely in the second half as he was basically having his best game of the year. Although I thought the starting line-up was going to suck tonight, it was the best unit that we had out there tonight. I don't know why Witt did not go back to it at the end. Instead, he stuck with Seraphin who was getting abused on the boards (He had 0 rebounds tonight) and Singleton, who didn't even play until the 4th quarter. It was just bizarre.

However, the bottom line is that this team sucks because of Ernie. It cracks me up when Glenn Consor talks about this team going cold offensively. No, a team goes "cold" once in a while. When a team goes "cold" EVERY night, it is beause the team lacks shooters and scorers. The Wiz are not going cold,they are just an offensively inept team, period and Ernie built the team that way.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#130 » by dangermouse » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:45 am

I thought Ves beasted in that first quarter, and Beal was struggling with turnovers but still managing to score...

I can't fathom why they didnt get more minutes.

I'm beginning to think we should fire EG and Whit, and just start fresh.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
Jay81
Starter

Post#131 » by Jay81 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:48 am

If you take out the first 4 quarters, i thought we played pretty well tonight
Matt007b
Sixth Man
And1: 161

Post#132 » by Matt007b » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:19 am

I come in peace..of course we barely win this ugly game..I thought we were going to lose.

I think you guys have a good team with some talent (love the uniforms) once Wall comes back you'll be able to create more but.. I didn't really see much of a system..above all I think that needs fixing (but what do I know..?)

I was pretty impressed by Jan Vesely, guys got talent - keeper..stat wise it doesn't look like that but I was impressed.. Okafor kept going after the ball (only guy that was rebounding well..)...surprised you let Martin shoot like that.. Jazz fans would be screaming for him to be benched if he was on our team.

If you had a better system.. ...maybe yank some players that are not playing team ball I think you guys would be much better and when your players come back from injury I'm sure you will... sorry for Matt Harping's paper bag comment.. :roll:
The Fax
Senior
And1: 33

Post#133 » by The Fax » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:19 am

Where's the effort? This team is lacking heart. The good thing is Okafor and Ariza are bringing up their value for the inevitable mid-season trade.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,363

Post#134 » by verbal8 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:25 am

The Fax wrote:Where's the effort? This team is lacking heart. The good thing is Okafor and Ariza are bringing up their value for the inevitable mid-season trade.

The tiny silver lining of this season is the guys who seem to be the least valuable long-term - Okafor, Ariza and Crawford - also seem to be those that have boosted their trade value the most.
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach

Post#135 » by truwizfan4evr » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:32 am

With Ernie a gm there's no hope unless we get a top 5 draft pick and get Noel /Cody or someone.
omegatronic3
Junior
And1: 5

Post#136 » by omegatronic3 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:26 am

truwizfan4evr wrote:With Ernie a gm there's no hope unless we get a top 5 draft pick and get Noel /Cody or someone.

when a team is this bad everyone deserves the axe..starting with EG..he should not be allowed to rob us of another draft..and yes I say give Cassell the job. At this point I dont think Ive ever seen a worse NBA team and Ive seen some bad ones. This team without Wall and Nene is laughable. Even with those two we suck
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#137 » by miller31time » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:32 am

I think this franchise needs to change absolutely everything. Bring a fresh start to D.C.

I'm talking about changing the name back to Bullets (it's what everyone and their mother wants, anyway), hire a competent GM, hire either a young, up-and-coming coach or one with a good track record (especially in player development), and make what ever player transactions the new GM sees fit (hopefully, that would involve acquiring expiring contracts for Okafor, Ariza and even Nene). Tank for one more season and get a top-3 pick.

Go into next year as the friggin Washington Bullets with Wall, Beal and Noel/Muhammed as our core three players, attempt to make a splash in the free agent market if the price is reasonable and the fit makes sense.

Just get out of this rut because this cannot continue.
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#138 » by DMVleGeND » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:41 am

Jay81 wrote:
DMVleGeND wrote:
keynote wrote:I had hoped that Beal could play above the rim a bit more, a la Eric Gordon. I haven't seen much of that yet, but I don't know whether that's due to a lack of explosiveness, or a lack of confidence. I'm hoping it's the latter, and that he'll go to the rack high and hard once he gets comfortable.

Eric Gordon was always a better athlete than Beal in terms of quickness and explosiveness. Beal is more of a below the rim player.

Eric Gordon dosent play and makes the Max. Id take beal over that in a heartbeat

Minus the injuries, Eric Gordon is a better player and has more potential than Beal IMO regardless of whether he's worth the max.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#139 » by AFM » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:42 am

Matt007b wrote:I come in peace..of course we barely win this ugly game..I thought we were going to lose.

I think you guys have a good team with some talent (love the uniforms) once Wall comes back you'll be able to create more but.. I didn't really see much of a system..above all I think that needs fixing (but what do I know..?)

I was pretty impressed by Jan Vesely, guys got talent - keeper..stat wise it doesn't look like that but I was impressed.. Okafor kept going after the ball (only guy that was rebounding well..)...surprised you let Martin shoot like that.. Jazz fans would be screaming for him to be benched if he was on our team.

If you had a better system.. ...maybe yank some players that are not playing team ball I think you guys would be much better and when your players come back from injury I'm sure you will... sorry for Matt Harping's paper bag comment.. :roll:

Thanks for stopping by and offering your take. Sometimes a fresh look is needed.
On Ves: Most people on this board consider him to be a bust. I know I do. Tonight he looked pretty damn good, yes, but he was essentially benched in the 2nd half. Problem is, dude has no offensive skills. He's shooting 11% from the FT line this year. So, yeah. His game is pretty limited. But in the 1st quarter tonight he was wreaking all kinds of havoc. This was probably the best game he has had, at least this year.
On Cartier Martin: Martin didn't really get any playing time until the previous game when he came in and hit 4 3 pointers in a row. It was pretty electrifying, raising the question "why is he the last person off the bench? He's obviously an amazing shooter!!" Well, I think tonight he showed why. Very streaky shooter.
You guys have a good team. Jefferson is a beast. He could not be stopped tonight in the 2nd half.
I'd like to tell myself that with Wall and Nene healthy we would have won this game based on how close it was the first 3 quarters. But that's just speculation at this point.
Thanks for your post.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#140 » by AFM » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:44 am

miller31time wrote:I think this franchise needs to change absolutely everything. Bring a fresh start to D.C.

I'm talking about changing the name back to Bullets (it's what everyone and their mother wants, anyway), hire a competent GM, hire either a young, up-and-coming coach or one with a good track record (especially in player development), and make what ever player transactions the new GM sees fit (hopefully, that would involve acquiring expiring contracts for Okafor, Ariza and even Nene). Tank for one more season and get a top-3 pick.

Go into next year as the friggin Washington Bullets with Wall, Beal and Noel/Muhammed as our core three players, attempt to make a splash in the free agent market if the price is reasonable and the fit makes sense.

Just get out of this rut because this cannot continue.

Yes, yes, and yes.
But we know that won't happen.

Don't you know people kill eachother with guns because we call ourselves the Bullets?
Also, Native Americans are very upset about the Washington Redskins.

Return to Washington Wizards