ImageImageImage

Game #9: Timberwolves vs. Warriors (7:00 pm, FSN)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Train
Senior
And1: 9

Re: Game #9: Timberwolves vs. Warriors (7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#241 » by Train » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:05 am

Ich bin eine kleine Brust Menschen. Von den Antrieben großer Phönix und Berg Regenbogen.
Piecake
Assistant Coach
And1: 264

Post#242 » by Piecake » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:28 am

Well, we definitely can't have both Pek and Love out cause apparently thats where all of our rebounds and paint points come from. Second chance points and piss poor defense is definitely what did us in

I'd also love to never see Ridnour again. I'd rather have Malcom Lee on the floor than Ridnour since at least he plays good defense. All Ridnour can do now is shoot jumpers. He is terrible at everything else
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#243 » by AQuintus » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:53 am

The good: Another close (closer than the final score at least) loss despite all of the injuries, Williams showed up, and Shved continues to look like a legit NBA player

The bad: A loss is a loss, and despite his size and talent as a shotblocker, Stiemsma is a terrible rebounder

The Ugly: Luke Ridnour - If his shot isn't on target, he's a huge net negative out there, and his shot has been off all season.
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#244 » by Vindicater » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:27 am

AQuintus wrote:The Ugly: Luke Ridnour - If his shot isn't on target, he's a huge net negative out there, and his shot has been off all season.

I was not able to watch the game today but this does not surprise me. Most overrated player in the NBA.

Nearly everyone I know thinks he is a decent NBA point guard. They don't think he is a good starting point guard but most beleive him to be amongst the better backups.

They are wrong.

He is worthless in 90% of games he plays in. the other 10% he is very valuable due to the fact his shot is falling at an incredibly high rate for that game.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#245 » by southern wolf » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:23 am

I just don't expect wins with the roster we've got atm. The five day break comes at a great time though, Pek, Roy and JJ could have all played tonight if it was a playoff game I'd say. They'll be nice and fresh for our next game.

Nice games from D-Will, Shved and AK.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#246 » by Murphs56 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:37 am

I absolutely love this team. They don't lose for lack of heart, i'll tell you that. They lose because put simply, they do not have the talent to win right now. This all changes very very soon. These guys will go to the bench and hopefully will have the confidence to contribute when their number is called.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#247 » by Murphs56 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:38 am

Vindicater wrote:
AQuintus wrote:The Ugly: Luke Ridnour - If his shot isn't on target, he's a huge net negative out there, and his shot has been off all season.

I was not able to watch the game today but this does not surprise me. Most overrated player in the NBA.

Nearly everyone I know thinks he is a decent NBA point guard. They don't think he is a good starting point guard but most beleive him to be amongst the better backups.

They are wrong.

He is worthless in 90% of games he plays in. the other 10% he is very valuable due to the fact his shot is falling at an incredibly high rate for that game.

I would agree. The problem I have with Luke is he is absolutely HORRID on the defensive end. Teams pick on him so badly and opposing point guards try by him at will
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#248 » by Little Digger » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Mattya wrote:I can't wait until we are healthy. They totally took advantage of our main guys being out..
GSW's best player (Bogut) and 5th best player (Rush) were out + Klay Thompson couldnt even finish the game with the flu..Add in the fact that Steph Curry fouled out..Warriors had plenty of excuses to lose a road game.
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#249 » by Mattya » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:06 pm

Little Digger wrote:
Mattya wrote:I can't wait until we are healthy. They totally took advantage of our main guys being out..
GSW's best player (Bogut) and 5th best player (Rush) were out + Klay Thompson couldnt even finish the game with the flu..Add in the fact that Steph Curry fouled out..Warriors had plenty of excuses to lose a road game.

..and non of those match the Wolves problems. Sorry.

Curry fouled out with very little time left. Very silly to use that as an excuse since that could happen in any single game.

Love>Bogut
Rubio>Thompson(Who at least played)
Pekovic>Rush
Barea>.....
Budinger>.......
Roy>.......
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 681

Post#250 » by karch34 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Murphs56 wrote:
Vindicater wrote:

They are wrong.

I would agree. The problem I have with Luke is he is absolutely HORRID on the defensive end. Teams pick on him so badly and opposing point guards try by him at will

Agree all around. If his shot ain't falling he's worthless and he's getting torched defensively.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#251 » by C.lupus » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Interestingly, Luke is one of the better defenders statistically:

right click
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#252 » by Basti » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:20 am

Man, some of these PERs are abysmal. Fortunately this year these numbers won't be posted by starting wing players. That is when the majority of our team is healthy.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#253 » by Foye » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:52 am

Little Digger wrote:

Steph Curry says no.
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#254 » by Vindicater » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:25 am

C.lupus wrote:Interestingly, Luke is one of the better defenders statistically:

right click

And this is why those stats are useless.

According to those stats AK47 is only slightly better defensively than Ridnour...

Hmm...

Yep, sounds right. :roll:
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
Piecake
Assistant Coach
And1: 264

Post#255 » by Piecake » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:30 am

Vindicater wrote:

They are wrong.

'

Yup, he can put up decent to good stats most games, but if you watch him play, all you see is a terrible player. His only positive is that he can shoot. He is a horrific defender, a bad playmaker, and simply not quick enough to get around the pick and roll to penetrate and create shots for others. All he does is dribble around the top of the key for 15 seconds and either jack up a shot or pass it off. It pisses me off so much
NewWolves
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#256 » by NewWolves » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:56 am

I think there is to much hate around for Luke. I wont say he's a great defender - but terrible neither. Definitely a step down from Rubio, but still way better than JJ is (defensively talking). Luke looks bad against the fast pg's and awful against the top Pg's of the league...but really who doesn't?
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#257 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:55 pm

Barea>>>Ridnour on defense despite being a midget.
JJ can be a pest while Luke is a revolving door.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,006

Post#258 » by moss_is_1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:Barea>>>Ridnour on defense despite being a midget.

Agreed. JJ draws a lot more offensive fouls and is quick enough to stay in front of people...he just struggles with guys overpowering him a lot.
NewWolves
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#259 » by NewWolves » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:55 pm

moss_is_1 wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:Barea>>>Ridnour on defense despite being a midget.

Agreed. JJ draws a lot more offensive fouls and is quick enough to stay in front of people...he just struggles with guys overpowering him a lot.

I'll say 70% of those charges are flops. Don't get me wrong, I know the art of flopping is a good asset to have, but this season it will be different, because of the new rule. Although he's quick, he has struggle his entire career to stay in front of his men - plus in pick and rolls, it seems like he almost never try to avoid the pick....and he is absolutely inexistent in fast break defense. Not saying that Luke is that much better, but is not worse.

What JJ brings is offense. For me in particular, besides the obvious skill of killing everybody of the dribble - I think he's great controlling the pace or tempo of the game - even betters than Ricky. This is why many times, although his numbers in the box-score aren't that good, his +/- is almost always positive. Just to be clear, I prefers JJ to Luke any-day, but because of their overall contribution
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#260 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:10 pm

Luke is the worst defender on the team bar none.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves