KOTB - Nuggets/Raptors/Bulls

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

KOTB - Nuggets/Raptors/Bulls 

Post#1 » by N.O.R.E. » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:55 am

Nuggets Trade: W. Chandler, Mozgov, C. Brewer, (portion of Nene TE if required)
Receive: Bargnani, Rip (Team Option)

McGee/Koufos/Bargnani
Faried/Bargnani/AR
Gallinari/Hamilton/Q.Miller/Iguodala
Iguodala/Rip/Fournier
Lawson/Dre

The Nuggets round out their roster with improved shooting. Bargnani would a great piece to add as it would give George Karl even more "looks" in terms of line-ups. They could be a match up nightmare for any given team on any given night.

Raptors Trade: Bargnani, Calderon, Klieza
Receive: Boozer, W. Chandler, M. Teague, C. Brewer (EC)

Val/Gray/Amir
Boozer/Ed Davis/Amir
W.Chandler/Fields/C.Brewer
DeRozan/Ross/Fields
Lowry/Lucas/M.Teague

The Raptors get a pretty decent return for Bargnani, vastly improving rebounding and getting a decent upgrade at SF in Wilson Chandler. Teague could be groomed as Lowry's back-up and the Raps get Corey Brewer's expiring while dumping Klieza's extra year. The way I see it, Boozer+Teague+Klieza's extra year dump roughly ='s Bargnani, and W.Chandler = or > than Calderon...

Bulls Trade: Boozer, Rip, M. Teague
Receive: Calderon (EC), Mozgov (EC), Klieza, $2 million TE

Noah/Mozgov/Mohammed
Taj/FA - with $$ tied up from this deal (K-Mart??)/Vlad
Deng/Butler/Klieza
Belinelli/Nate
Kirk/Calderon

The Bulls pull the trigger on this in order to build a more financially sustainable team around Rose. The Bulls get a lot of financial flexibility from this deal, receiving all expirings except for Klieza's $4 million or so next year. This puts them in great shape with Mirotic potentially coming over in a year or two, allowing the Bulls to concentrate on landing a very good wing to take some of the pressure of D.Rose.
torotoe
Sixth Man
And1: 184

Re: KOTB - Nuggets/Raptors/Bulls 

Post#2 » by torotoe » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:02 am

Vote: yes.

IMO this is a well rounded deal. Chicago gets a nice deal without a doubt. Denver too gets a nice deal. Toronto gets much better and dumping LK makes up for Boozer's overpaid ass. Teague and Brewer would be upgrades at some level of toronto's rotation.
ptsuperfly
Senior
And1: 84

Post#3 » by ptsuperfly » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:23 am

Nugs say yes. This is what they're looking for.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
N.O.R.E.
RealGM

Post#4 » by N.O.R.E. » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:43 am

Thanks. I suspected people would say the Bulls get too sweet of a deal, however, they have a proven track record in taking back less salary commitments/dumping players they no longer require. Sooner rather than later I think GarPaxThibDorf will realise it's a star's league and will need to take a small step back or sideways in order to land that 2nd star to pair with Rose.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I really think this fits all the team's directions, or at least the direction I see them going in.

I think this deal makes the Nuggets even more of a dark horse contender, and as I mentioned in the OP, they could/would/should be a match up nightmare for pretty much every damn team in the league.

The Raptors take on a little salary, however, Colangelo is trying to make the team respectable and playoff bound to save his job. Ignoring salary swapping Bargnani for Boozer is such a positive in my mind, it takes some of the pressure off Val inside on offense and gives them a player with skillsets better suited to the current roster. The difference in salary is somewhat offset by the addition of Klieza into the deal. Calderon for W.Chandler, C. Brewer and M.Teague is a steal in my mind - it vastly upgrades the wings and gives the Raps a rookie PG to groom backing up Lowry that won't demand as many minutes as Calderon.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,476

Post#5 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:10 am

I vote yes. Nuggets add half court talent. Give Gallo more SF minutes. Bulls essentially trade a first to dump salary and Toronto gets an upgrade and a nice young prospect.
Ducksplatt
Sixth Man
And1: 622

Post#6 » by Ducksplatt » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:36 pm

I almost like it for all...though I think Chicago too easily dumps Boozer's large contract for expiring's. Don't get me wrong, I think the Raps could use Boozer and his scoring, but it ties up more money in the PF spot with Amir and E Davis still there. Raps need to resign Lowry in the last year of Boozer's contract and with Amir still on the books, that is a lot of money tied up. I would like to see Amir going to Chicago (Raps can keep Kleiza and the Bulls can get Brewer's expiring) - though i can see it being a deal killer. But, overall like this deal a lot.

Here is the revised:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=chqk2xx

But, I could be swayed to accept.
Nice work N.O.R.E.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe
- Albert Einstein
PistolP
Analyst
And1: 335

Post#7 » by PistolP » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:47 pm

I'm voting yes. Very solid proposal. Seems pretty fair for all teams. Denver & Toronto balance out their lineups and Chicago dumps Boozer.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#8 » by NashtyNas » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:33 pm

For KOTB purposes, I'll vote yes, but there's a few flaws for sure. I think Toronto might ask for more incentive from the Bulls, possibly sending out Fields instead of Klieza. Bulls get too good of a deal as is dumping Boozer for essentially expiring's at the cost of Teague (somewhat worthless at this point).

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
qianlong
Starter
And1: 258

Post#9 » by qianlong » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:04 pm

I vote yes. The bulls get some big holes, but they are getting out of boozer deal. Denver reduces their glut on the wings and Toronto gets a good rebounder and pick and roll player, and some solid players.
Ball don't lie
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,476

Post#10 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:20 am

I wouldn't called Teague worthless. His brother wasn't exactly setting the league on fire his first two years.
N.O.R.E.
RealGM

Post#11 » by N.O.R.E. » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:27 am

and I did say somewhere in my posts that people would say the Bulls get too good a package, but they've proven to be good at getting rid of long-term salary and just because it's better for one team, it doesn't mean it isn't good for the other teams involved.

I don't see any reason why the Bulls should or would take on Landry Fields's bad contract - BC just signed him and would take away the incentive the Bulls have in doing this deal. I don't see the original deal as bad for the Raptors anyway, and sure as hell not bad enough for them to be dictating a team taking on a pretty significant salary.
N.O.R.E.
RealGM

Post#12 » by N.O.R.E. » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:33 am

I could perhaps see Klieza being substituted for Amir, but the Bulls wouldn't take on both IMHO.
McFurious1
Head Coach
And1: 865

Post#13 » by McFurious1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:35 pm

As a Raps fan I approve this trade only with Klieza not Amir.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,472

Post#14 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:02 pm

I counted 5 yes's. We have a point winning trade. Nicely done!
WigginsNation
Analyst
And1: 1,389

Post#15 » by WigginsNation » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Now how do we get'er done???
Econgrad
Rookie
And1: 80

Post#16 » by Econgrad » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:38 pm

No vote here.
From the Raptors perspective Boozer for Bargnani is a wash given that Boozer is slightly better at a cost of an extra $5m per year.

I don't understand the obsession with CHandler who looked good in NY but has been disappointing since landing in Denver, I don't see him as an upgrade over Kleiza, especially since his contract is on the books for two more years beyond Linas' .

FInally, Calderon is showing that he's one of the better backup PGs in the league, who the Raptors should be able to resign for a reasonable amount this offseason. I don't see the need to downgrade in talent to Teague and Corey Brewer at this point.

To sum up:
Bargnani for Boozer - even talent, Boozer makes 50% more
Kleiza for Chandler - equal talent, Chandler on a longer deal
Calderon for Brewer and Teague - step back in talent in a key position for the Raptors.
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#17 » by I_Like_Dirt » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:26 pm

Yeah, Chandler's been awful and has really only looked good for Mike D'Antoni. As a Raps fan, I'd rather have Kleiza (and that's saying something) and I wouldn't do Bargnani for Boozer straight up (and that's saying something, too). If the Raptors actually want Boozer they can just wait until the Bulls amnesty him and put in a bid. As for Chandler, the Nuggets are stuck with him and had better start getting creative to get under the tax - I don't think his value is nearly what it sometimes gets portrayed as.
Bucket! Bucket!
McFurious1
Head Coach
And1: 865

Post#18 » by McFurious1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:40 pm

I_Like_Dirt wrote:Yeah, Chandler's been awful and has really only looked good for Mike D'Antoni. As a Raps fan, I'd rather have Kleiza (and that's saying something) and I wouldn't do Bargnani for Boozer straight up (and that's saying something, too). If the Raptors actually want Boozer they can just wait until the Bulls amnesty him and put in a bid. As for Chandler, the Nuggets are stuck with him and had better start getting creative to get under the tax - I don't think his value is nearly what it sometimes gets portrayed as.

After giving the deal some more thought I'd like to take back my vote. I'm starting to agree with you Boozer is over paid, and Chandler is still hurt and really is stinking it up. To be tied down with those deals won't be worth it.

Return to Trades and Transactions