Bynum reinjures knees by bowling

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

AIfan3
Head Coach
And1: 3,654

Re: Bynum reinjures knees by bowling 

Post#21 » by AIfan3 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:42 am

Once again the Lakers make off like bandits. Iggy sucking in Denver, Orlando going nowhere, and Bynum injures himself trying to top Fred Flintstone. Why teams still trade with that franchise is anyone's guess..
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,114

Post#22 » by Edrees » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:42 am

I heard he's a better offensive bowler than dwight howard

AIfan3 wrote:Once again the Lakers make off like bandits. Iggy sucking in Denver, Orlando going nowhere, and Bynum injures himself trying to top Fred Flintstone. Why teams still trade with that franchise is anyone's guess..

Grizzlies best record in the NBA. I'm pretty sure they are glad they did. But I agree with you on wondering why they want to trade with the lakers
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#23 » by InFlames » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:43 am

Part-time Lover wrote:And Lakers win the trade again :lol:

It feels good to be a Laker fan 8-)

They got Dwight, even if Bynum was healthy they would still have won the trade.
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#24 » by Bertrob » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:43 am

Derailing GIF
Shaqattack32
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#25 » by Shaqattack32 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:53 am

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,498

Post#26 » by HornetJail » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:57 am

How Bynum manages to injure him self BOWLING is beyond me. Sixers better trade him ASAP. Don't want to be left with his future insanely bad contract.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
AntwanBoldin
Sixth Man
And1: 70

Post#27 » by AntwanBoldin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:18 am

Seriously. Lakers got a prime phenom who didn't even want to up there in exchange for a fat, cancerous, gimpy mess

Jermaine o'neal 2.0 I called it
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#28 » by Sn0wman » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:27 am

CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:How Bynum manages to injure him self BOWLING is beyond me. Sixers better trade him ASAP. Don't want to be left with his future insanely bad contract.

he was probably fooling around or some ****, what an idiot. He's not even focused on rehabbing his knee
clockwork247
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#29 » by clockwork247 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:35 am

CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:How Bynum manages to injure him self BOWLING is beyond me. Sixers better trade him ASAP. Don't want to be left with his future insanely bad contract.

dude is like 7 ft +, bending down that low to bowl isn't exactly good on his knee, that thing is like doing lunges, except at a much faster pace (aka not someone who weights 250+, 7ft+, and has knee issue should be doing)...

I ain't no sport doctor but I can tell that crap is bad for your knee if you're his size.
Dragic13
Pro Prospect
And1: 77

Post#30 » by Dragic13 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:47 am

I think Bynum can be very silly at times...But he can also be very talented.

Which one will he chose?

My personal opinion was that he didnt like the Lakers because he didnt get the ball enough and didnt care about the team.

I hope he can gets a fresh start and be the player I know he can be.
The MVPlaya
Starter
And1: 33

Post#31 » by The MVPlaya » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 am

How is he an idiot because he was bowling? Ya'll are just feeding off Bynum's reputation. By the responses in this thread you'd think this dude pulled a Monta Ellis or something. I don't see what's wrong with him bowling. As far as we know he hasn't hurt himself bowling before so....
thewhat
Pro Prospect
And1: 109

Post#32 » by thewhat » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:54 am

#yolo
I heard mofos saying they made Kobe/ Made Kobe say, "Ok so, make another Kobe"
asudevil
Analyst
And1: 689

Post#33 » by asudevil » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:09 am

clockwork247 wrote:

dude is like 7 ft +, bending down that low to bowl isn't exactly good on his knee, that thing is like doing lunges, except at a much faster pace (aka not someone who weights 250+, 7ft+, and has knee issue should be doing)...

I ain't no sport doctor but I can tell that crap is bad for your knee if you're his size.

exactly.....with him being 7ft+ he has to dip down much further than a normal person. the stress it puts on the knees has to be huge. we are talking about a 7ft+ guy who weighs 300+ pounds. and the process of bowling alternates the distribution of ALL you weight back and forth with your knees bent.

he either:
a.) went against the advice of his doctors....i mean there is NOTHING in his contract that prohibited bowling
b.) hid the activity from his doctors, so they had no idea the added stress he was putting on his knees.

either way he is a massive idiot.
asudevil
Analyst
And1: 689

Post#34 » by asudevil » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:16 am

The MVPlaya wrote:How is he an idiot because he was bowling? Ya'll are just feeding off Bynum's reputation. By the responses in this thread you'd think this dude pulled a Monta Ellis or something. I don't see what's wrong with him bowling. As far as we know he hasn't hurt himself bowling before so....

yes he IS an idiot.

if i'm a pitcher and injure my shoulder it doesnt mean its ok to go rock climbing during my rehab.....its freaking common sense.

If Yao breaks his foot and takes tap dancing during his rehab, then he would be an idiot. If Amare decided to play hopscotch while rehabbing his micro fracture, he'd be an idiot.

If you arent medically cleared to play basketball and you go bowling "because you havent hurt yourself bowling before", then you are an idiot. ANY activity that COULD cause further damage to an injury should be avoided, especially when that injury is a.) not healed and b.) chronic.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,043

Post#35 » by jazzfan1971 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:37 am

Yeah, bowling isn't really a high impact game. 90 year old women can still go bowling.

I have to give him a bit of a pass on this one.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
83SixersRocked
Head Coach
And1: 609

Post#36 » by 83SixersRocked » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:38 am

It's bowling. Walking with and then rolling a ball. Injury expectations are about nil. Some of you act like he hit the slopes with a ski and a pogo stick.
CKRT
Analyst
And1: 404

Post#37 » by CKRT » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:40 am

The Big Lebowski photoshop potential is endless here.
lilojmayo wrote:Juice is not a chucker, like say James Harden
The MVPlaya
Starter
And1: 33

Post#38 » by The MVPlaya » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:49 am

asudevil wrote:
The MVPlaya wrote:How is he an idiot because he was bowling? Ya'll are just feeding off Bynum's reputation. By the responses in this thread you'd think this dude pulled a Monta Ellis or something. I don't see what's wrong with him bowling. As far as we know he hasn't hurt himself bowling before so....

yes he IS an idiot.

if i'm a pitcher and injure my shoulder it doesnt mean its ok to go rock climbing during my rehab.....its freaking common sense.

If Yao breaks his foot and takes tap dancing during his rehab, then he would be an idiot. If Amare decided to play hopscotch while rehabbing his micro fracture, he'd be an idiot.

If you arent medically cleared to play basketball and you go bowling "because you havent hurt yourself bowling before", then you are an idiot. ANY activity that COULD cause further damage to an injury should be avoided, especially when that injury is a.) not healed and b.) chronic.

Your examples are way too extreme. Just bad analogies all around. Nothing like Bynum's situation. Bynum has been through plenty of rehabs before and I bet he still bowled. He was playing golf during one of his rehabs with the Lakers. Sometimes things happen. Ya'll are just grasping for straws, acting like he's out there just being a reckless idiot.
diablerouge
Analyst
And1: 260

Post#39 » by diablerouge » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:52 am

asudevil wrote:

yes he IS an idiot.

It would be like a picher playing darts during his rehab, not rock climbing.
twinthunder3
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#40 » by twinthunder3 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:08 am

WII bowling? He should have stuck to using the 76ers on 2k13.

Return to The General Board