ImageImageImageImageImage

Starting lineup

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 614

Starting lineup 

Post#1 » by sackings916 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:50 am

Obviously the starting lineup is not a good mix. Keith Smart indicated he'll be making a change, who would you like to see inserted in the SL? Who's out?

Spacing and IQ seem to be a problem. Salmons and Brooks are 2 vets who can create plays for themselves and others, and both can also knock down the 3 and will space the floor for Tyreke and Cousins. IT is much better off the bench as a spark plug. He along w/ Thornton should lead our bench unit with 3 defensive minded role players in James Johnson,Chuck Hayes and Thomas Robinson.

Starters-
Cousins
Thompson
Salmons
Tyreke
Brooks

Bench-
Thornton
Thomas
Johnson
Hayes
Jimmer
Robinson
Garcia
ADoaN17
Lead Assistant
And1: 312

Re: Starting lineup 

Post#2 » by ADoaN17 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:19 am

I like the lineup you gave. Salmons has played decent in his limited action and when Tyreke was injured last year he also did well as a starter.
longfellow44
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#3 » by longfellow44 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:43 pm

This is the line up i would like to see.

Jimmer
Tyreke
Johnson
Hayes
Cousins

That should be our starting unit. we have a shooter and 2 guys who should be focusing on defense and passing surrounding our two best players. this lineup also allows us to bring in some serious offensive mojo against other teams second units.
SacKingsPejaFan
Sixth Man
And1: 114

Post#4 » by SacKingsPejaFan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:53 pm

Brooks
Thornton
Johnson/Salmons
Robinson
Cousins

Two shooters to spread the floor for Cousins to operate. Brooks and Thornton are the guys getting us back into games every 2nd quarter this season anyway, so just start the men. We play Robinson because we need to grow from within right now, and he--unlike Thompson--can get better. Johnson/Salmons, at this point, I don't care. Cousins, obv. Look--Evans is not a good pairing with Cousins. Never was, never will be until he can learn how to shoot the ball, because the paint will just be clogged all the time and defenses will not give a damn about double-triple-teaming Cousins, leaving Evans wide open form outside. Playing Evans off the bench will get the most out of both of them.
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Post#5 » by SmellingColors » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:46 pm

I think it's time to put Tyreke on the bench. I think he would do well there because he's simply not performing against starters. His style of play is much better suited for schooling the second string. His shot just isn't there from what I've seen and as much as I was hoping for a new and improved Reke I don't think that's happening.

Brooks
Thornton
Johnson
Hayes
Cousins

I think that's a good combination of offensive fire power to get us started out right while maintaining a defensive presence. But honestly the only one that has guaranteed a starting spot for me is Cousins.
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 614

Post#6 » by sackings916 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:59 pm

ADoaN17 wrote:I like the lineup you gave. Salmons has played decent in his limited action and when Tyreke was injured last year he also did well as a starter.

This. He gets a bad rap for whatever reason. Salmons is a very very smart player and also a multi skilled player - he can shoot, handle, pass, drive and defend although he is a bit undersized at 3 he'll be able to hold his own most nights. We can throw James Johnson, Outlaw or even Thomas Robinson against the bigger SFs. Johnson isn't good enough to be a starter.

Jimmer
Tyreke
Johnson
Hayes
Cousins

Cant help but think this would make things extremely difficult for Cousins and Evans to score. If im the defense im leaving Hayes and Johnson open and helping on Cousins and Tyreke every time.
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#7 » by Cruel_Ruin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Evans
Thornton
Salmons
Thompson
Cousins

I think that is what we will see against BKN
ADoaN17
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by ADoaN17 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:50 pm

Looks like sackings916's lineup of
Brooks
Evans
Salmons
JT
Cousins
will get the start today. That lineup has more play makers and hopefully better ball movement.
mdrecords
Freshman
And1: 5

Post#9 » by mdrecords » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:10 pm

How on earth was James Johnson starting. That's a massive problem with the starting lineup right there .
ADoaN17
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by ADoaN17 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:27 pm

mdrecords wrote:How on earth was James Johnson starting. That's a massive problem with the starting lineup right there .

He surprisingly played well in the preseason. Defended well and was actually making shots.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,233

Post#11 » by blind prophet » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:39 am

ADoaN17 wrote:
mdrecords wrote:How on earth was James Johnson starting. That's a massive problem with the starting lineup right there .

He surprisingly played well in the preseason. Defended well and was actually making shots.

I'd rather have Slamson shoot the rock.

Return to Sacramento Kings