ImageImageImage

Derrick Williams: Time to Move On?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Derrick Williams: Stay or Go?

He didn't pan out and it's time to get value back while we can.
58%
Keep him! Only letting him go in the perfect deal.
42%

Total votes: 132

southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Re: Derrick Williams: Time to Move On? 

Post#201 » by southern wolf » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:58 am

Williams has a 23 point game and all of a sudden the poll changes.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#202 » by Tirion » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:08 pm

his ugly jumper was fallin.

hopefully he will stay hot and string some high scoring games to up his value.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#203 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:50 pm

Tirion wrote:his ugly jumper was fallin.

hopefully he will stay hot and string some high scoring games to up his value.

:pray:
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#204 » by The J Rocka » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:10 pm

I'd rather us target a SG that can shoot.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,006

Post#205 » by moss_is_1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:21 pm

The J Rocka wrote:I'd rather us target a SG that can shoot.

Shved!

Unless we get blown away with an offer we might as well keep Derrick and try to let him play up his value. Do we really need to trade him anyway? We have good depth if our team would get healthy...no need to trade Derrick to fill a hole that we could fill with just being healthy.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#206 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:29 pm

moss_is_1 wrote:

Shved!

Unless we get blown away with an offer we might as well keep Derrick and try to let him play up his value. Do we really need to trade him anyway? We have good depth if our team would get healthy...no need to trade Derrick to fill a hole that we could fill with just being healthy.

How will DWill play up his value riding the pine? You know that's coming once Love is back.

And we do need more shooters. Our 3 pt numbers and %s speak for themselves. I'm sorry but Roy is not going to fix that even his knees grow back cartilage.

Big thumb down for your post, sir.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,571

Post#207 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:56 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:And we do need more shooters. Our 3 pt numbers and %s speak for themselves. I'm sorry but Roy is not going to fix that even his knees grow back cartilage.

We are also playing without our two best 3-point shooters.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#208 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Klomp wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:And we do need more shooters. Our 3 pt numbers and %s speak for themselves. I'm sorry but Roy is not going to fix that even his knees grow back cartilage.

We are also playing without our two best 3-point shooters.

We were bad even with Chase still playing. And Love should not be a designated shooter out there, he's our main scorer. As constracted the started lineup is lacking an off the ball dead eye shooter( by SL I mean the core of Rubio-AK-Love-Pek). Spurs always surrounded TD, TP and Gino with quality shooters, we must do the same.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,006

Post#209 » by moss_is_1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:21 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:
moss_is_1 wrote:

Shved!

How will DWill play up his value riding the pine? You know that's coming once Love is back.

And we do need more shooters. Our 3 pt numbers and %s speak for themselves. I'm sorry but Roy is not going to fix that even his knees grow back cartilage.

What are we even going to get for him? I would agree that our shooting isn't very good right now, but look at the guys %'s. Barea and Budinger were both shooting well below their worst shooting seasons...and Roy hasn't made a three yet this season. You can expect the law of averages to even that out....plus adding Love along with Rubio who is at least average at shooting the three, while being able to create open looks for others.

I don't see a reason to trade D-will if we only get a bench player back for him. We can afford to be patient with him since we do have Love/Cunningham....Adelman can coach him up and hopefully turn him into a worthwhile player. So unless we could pry someone like Afflalo from Orlando, then I see no point in trading him.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#210 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:52 pm

moss_is_1 wrote:
What are we even going to get for him? I would agree that our shooting isn't very good right now, but look at the guys %'s. Barea and Budinger were both shooting well below their worst shooting seasons...and Roy hasn't made a three yet this season. You can expect the law of averages to even that out....plus adding Love along with Rubio who is at least average at shooting the three, while being able to create open looks for others.

I don't see a reason to trade D-will if we only get a bench player back for him. We can afford to be patient with him since we do have Love/Cunningham....Adelman can coach him up and hopefully turn him into a worthwhile player. So unless we could pry someone like Afflalo from Orlando, then I see no point in trading him.

Roy was never a long range shooter, just ask any blazer fan so don't count on that guy. Again we need a SG that can really shoot to go with our starters. Maybe it's Shved but he will have to improve a good deal here.

As for Williams I just don't see him and his 5-6 mil sitting on the bench and developing at slow pace here. Taylor will soon be staring at lux tax limit. I don't think they want to pay it. Even if Derrick will develop he's up for extention same year as Rubio and Shved. So we'll have Love, Pek, AK, Rubio, Shved, Williams signed to big contracts? I just don't see it. I think OKC was a vivid example this summer. I don't even talk about that Williams is PF. The only way he makes sense if they know that Love want to leave in 2 years but it is far fetched atm .
Dray-Z
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#211 » by Dray-Z » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:45 pm

MarShon Brooks! (And we'll even throw in the Minnesota native Kris Humphries!)
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#212 » by Esohny » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:46 pm

I still think Redick is the right target. Try to get him, dump some salary to help with paying Pek/Bud, and/or get a pick back. This is assuming that Orlando can still be convinced that he's got untapped potential and he fits better with their rebuilding effort. The fact that their front office is a joke even without Otis Smith makes me somewhat hopeful.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#213 » by Tirion » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Dray-Z wrote:

MarShon Brooks! (And we'll even throw in the Minnesota native Kris Humphries!)

Humphries is an expiring next year, right?

But why would Brooklyn do that?

Nope, just remembered, need to re-sign PEK.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#214 » by Tirion » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:50 pm

Esohny wrote:I still think Redick is the right target. Try to get him, dump some salary to help with paying Pek/Bud, and/or get a pick back. This is assuming that Orlando can still be convinced that he's got untapped potential and he fits better with their rebuilding effort. The fact that their front office is a joke even without Otis Smith makes me somewhat hopeful.

There will be teams lining up after Redick. 3pt shooters who can play are a valuable commodity.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#215 » by Esohny » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:55 pm

Tirion wrote:
Esohny wrote:I still think Redick is the right target. Try to get him, dump some salary to help with paying Pek/Bud, and/or get a pick back. This is assuming that Orlando can still be convinced that he's got untapped potential and he fits better with their rebuilding effort. The fact that their front office is a joke even without Otis Smith makes me somewhat hopeful.

There will be teams lining up after Redick. 3pt shooters who can play are a valuable commodity.

Yes, but his age and salary make him a far better fit for a contender than a rebuilding team, and most contenders don't have the sort of assets that Orlando would be looking for. As I said, that's the appeal of Williams, assuming that Orlando still sees "potential."

What do you think they're going to get offered?
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#216 » by Tirion » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Esohny wrote:
Tirion wrote:

Yes, but his age and salary make him a far better fit for a contender than a rebuilding team, and most contenders don't have the sort of assets that Orlando would be looking for. As I said, that's the appeal of Williams, assuming that Orlando still sees "potential."

What do you think they're going to get offered?

They can take on salary tho, something Wolves will be reluctant to do, with Pekovic free agency looming.

Orlando will probably try to unload either Harrington or Davis with Reddick, so they will be looking for expirings.

Spurs have Captain Jack's 10 milli coming off the books after this season, plus Blair or Green.
Busch Legion
Rookie
And1: 14

Post#217 » by Busch Legion » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:33 am

Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#218 » by Tirion » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:08 am

lol at this article quoting posters from rubechat.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,571

Post#219 » by Klomp » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:15 am

Tirion wrote:lol at this article quoting posters from rubechat.

That article is basically a BleacherReport article. Same type of open-source site.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#220 » by Dewey » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:10 pm

There is Zero doubt that DW will be traded prior to the deadline - and likey before X-mas ... he's just not consistent enough in any aspect of the game at the NBA level. Then, the fact is Cunningham has clearly outperformed DW and derserves the minutes. Good D and can hit the mid-range jumper with consistency - you know what your getting every night ... unlike the DW's, Beasleys, and Wes Johnsons of the world.

I totally agree with those who would like to land Reddic (yes, a baggage player included) ... I would be insanely happy.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves