LAL-SAC-CHI

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

hokageinfamus
Senior
And1: 29

LAL-SAC-CHI 

Post#1 » by hokageinfamus » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:22 am

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bbwj7o5

Lakers get Boozer who has an extra year but fits better in D'Antoni's offense and his defensive deficiencies would be covered by D12. Travis Outlaw and Francisco Garcia can also possibly revive their careers by playing in an uptempo setting with Nash

Chicago gets rid of Boozer's contract and gets Gasol who has 2 years left and gives them two versatile 7 footers in the frontcourt while Thornton gives them a scoring punch that Rip and Bellinelli can't give them, and gives Rose a good running mate for when he comes back. Bulls send draft rights of Nikola Mirotic to the Sacramento Kings

Sacramento gets a legitimate SF in Deng that has 9 years of experience but is still young enough at age 27 to be a part of the Kings's nucleus. SAC send their 2013 1st round pick to Chicago top 3 protected
bjaxking24
Junior
And1: 109

Re: LAL-SAC-CHI 

Post#2 » by bjaxking24 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:42 am

Kings say deal and no trade backs!
Follow me on Twitter: @SportsGuyLevine
Myst
Junior
And1: 1

Post#3 » by Myst » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:53 am

hokageinfamus wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bbwj7o5

Lakers get Boozer who has an extra year but fits better in D'Antoni's offense and his defensive deficiencies would be covered by D12. Travis Outlaw and Francisco Garcia can also possibly revive their careers by playing in an uptempo setting with Nash

Chicago gets rid of Boozer's contract and gets Gasol who has 2 years left and gives them two versatile 7 footers in the frontcourt while Thornton gives them a scoring punch that Rip and Bellinelli can't give them, and gives Rose a good running mate for when he comes back. Bulls send draft rights of Nikola Mirotic to the Sacramento Kings

Sacramento gets a legitimate SF in Deng that has 9 years of experience but is still young enough at age 27 to be a part of the Kings's nucleus. SAC send their 2013 1st round pick to Chicago top 3 protected

So lakers get 2 out of the top 10 worst contracts in the league and lose Gasol lol this trade is a joke right? lakers hang up so fast call back and call back and offer Meta and blake for D Rose
OneWhoKnocks wrote:Any ridiculous trade scenario made up by a Laker fan may be one-upped by Mitch Kupchak in actuality. It's pretty scary.
hokageinfamus
Senior

Post#4 » by hokageinfamus » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:58 am

So lakers get 2 out of the top 10 worst contracts in the league and lose Gasol lol this trade is a joke right? lakers hang up so fast call back and call back and offer Meta and blake for D Rose

It doesn't really matter the Lakers are stuck in their cap situation. Boozer fits in better with the team because he can also PnR with Nash better than Gasol could.
Myst
Junior

Post#5 » by Myst » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:01 am

hokageinfamus wrote:

It doesn't really matter the Lakers are stuck in their cap situation. Boozer fits in better with the team because he can also PnR with Nash better than Gasol could.

You do know the only contract lakers have on the books after next year is Nash and if we are lucky Dwight with a lot of great FA's that year and the year after that we are not messing it up for those toxic contracts

so I guess you accept the Meta plus blake for D Rose trade we will even toss in Dohun
OneWhoKnocks wrote:Any ridiculous trade scenario made up by a Laker fan may be one-upped by Mitch Kupchak in actuality. It's pretty scary.
hokageinfamus
Senior

Post#6 » by hokageinfamus » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:09 am

You do know the only contract lakers have on the books after next year is Nash and if we are lucky Dwight with a lot of great FA's that year and the year after that we are not messing it up for those toxic contracts

I'm aware it's just that the 2014 FA class outside of Lebron is not that impressive. Most of those other guys would be towards the end of their primes, But I understand where you're coming from.

It was just an idea. I think this would be alot better than those Pau for Amare scenarios that have been all the rage lately :lol:
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#7 » by NashtyNas » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:12 am

Lakers are far worse off after this trade, that's for sure. They're in no position to take on even more long term salary and increase their lux-tax $, and for marginal players at best. Gasol > everything that's coming in, and he's paid less, so I don't see why it's even considerable for the Lakers.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
Myst
Junior

Post#8 » by Myst » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:19 am

Myst wrote:
hokageinfamus wrote:

so I guess you accept the Meta plus blake for D Rose trade we will even toss in Dohun

2015 has love irving and more lakers can rebuild with just fa's
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#9 » by Dr Aki » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:21 am

lakers say no...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOdjCb4LwQY[/youtube]
longfellow44
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#10 » by longfellow44 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:33 pm

The lakes down grade in every possible way. sorry the bulls get way too much value here.

There is no way the kings add a pick to Thornton to get a deal like this done.
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#11 » by Doormatt » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:01 pm

if the lakers wanted boozer why would they include the kings to take back a bunch of trash? im 100% sure if kupchak called up the bulls and offered them gasol for boozer straight up theyd take it as quick as possible (yes i know that theyd need to throw in another contract to make it work but my point remains valid).

kinda seems silly to include a third team just so we can get back the almighty travis outlaw and his sidekick francisco garcia
#doorgek
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,696

Post#12 » by spree8 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:34 pm

Ouch. I'm not sure why people think Gasol doesn't fit well in D'Antoni's offense. I think his passing ability, and shooting range is perfect. Plus, other than a player of Cp3's caliber (like the deal Stern turned down) I don't see why the Lakers would give up their size advantage in the frontcourt.
GMAT Knicks :king:

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid

Return to Trades and Transactions