WOLVES/MAGIC/MAVS

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

lewdog
Rookie
And1: 88

WOLVES/MAGIC/MAVS 

Post#1 » by lewdog » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:42 am

Wolves In – A. Afflalo, K O’Quinn
Wolves Out – D. William, JJ Barea

Due to the likely scenario of the Brandon Roy experiment completely gone awry, Minnesota seriously needs to consider acquiring Affalo. He is the SG that will fit in perfectly under Adelman’s system.

Magic Out - A. Afflalo
Magic In – D. Williams, R. Beaubois, J. Cunningham

Orlando continues upgrade their youth movement by acquiring these three pieces.

Mavs In – JJ Barea
Mavs Out - R. Beaubois, J. Cunningham

Dallas hasn’t been the same without him and he'il continue to provide that same needed spark off the bench since he left.

Does anyone say, "NO"?
Qui me amat, amet et canem meum
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,007

Re: WOLVES/MAGIC/MAVS 

Post#2 » by moss_is_1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:01 pm

I think the Magic are getting a little bit too much...and Dallas a little bit too little.

I would do this in a heartbeat for the Wolves. Williams is still someone I like but he's struggling to finish at the rim, maybe being able to play through his mistakes in Orlando will help him.

Afflalo would be a perfect fit as the 4th/5th option in the offense for us. Very good shooter, good defender, elite roleplayer(look back at his %'s in Denver before he was used as a key option), he's shown he can create more each season if he has to as well.

Rubio - Afflalo - AK47 - Love - Pekovic is very good along with Ridnour, Shved, Barea, Cunningham, Steimsma and Roy off the bench is a team that could do some serious damage.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#3 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Magic fans want king's ransom for Afflalo. He's their "star player" now.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#4 » by tiderulz » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:Magic fans want king's ransom for Afflalo. He's their "star player" now.

actually we dont, we are just not believers in Williams.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#5 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:55 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:Magic fans want king's ransom for Afflalo. He's their "star player" now.

So what's your valuation of Afflalo?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,345

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:43 pm

Im a Dallas guy and I love JJB a lot. If we were playing better and Dirk's rehab was looking better Id be all for sacrificing a bit of next year's cap to get a guy we could really really use on our 2nd unit. However more and more this season is looking like a lost one for us and I think Id be more interested in auctioning off guys like Kamen, Mayo, Collison for young assets/picks at the deadline.

Still from a Dal perspective the value is more than fair.

I agree with Orlando that they really arent getting much here. Roddy is a failed bit, DWill's stock is currently low and Cunningham cant get minutes ahead of Roddy and DoJo right now.

I like it for Minny tho I imagine they would rather keep JJB and move Ridnour.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
lewdog
Rookie
And1: 88

Post#7 » by lewdog » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:40 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Im a Dallas guy and I love JJB a lot. If we were playing better and Dirk's rehab was looking better Id be all for sacrificing a bit of next year's cap to get a guy we could really really use on our 2nd unit. However more and more this season is looking like a lost one for us and I think Id be more interested in auctioning off guys like Kamen, Mayo, Collison for young assets/picks at the deadline.

TC, I just don't see Cuban as ever fielding a D-league squad in Big D (pun intended). Because of Cuban's background, I view their organization as one to always attempt to contend for a title (aka the Lakers) while never total retooling (aka the Magic). However if you're correct, the Wolves would be interested in some of that Mayo action.
Qui me amat, amet et canem meum
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#8 » by Cigamodnalro » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

Solid 16 ppg player who competes on both sides of the floor. Worth every penny of his 8m/year contract. Not a star by any means, but an efficient role player capable of helping keep our ship upright while we rebuild or alternatively capable of being a "final piece" to another team looking to compete.

Value-wise? Worth more than Derrick Williams but less than a bonafide star player? I'd trade him for a T10 pick in the upcoming draft, and like the notion of a trade built around Afflalo and Terrence Ross.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#9 » by tiderulz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:08 am

Cigamodnalro wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

Solid 16 ppg player who competes on both sides of the floor. Worth every penny of his 8m/year contract. Not a star by any means, but an efficient role player capable of helping keep our ship upright while we rebuild or alternatively capable of being a "final piece" to another team looking to compete.

Value-wise? Worth more than Derrick Williams but less than a bonafide star player? I'd trade him for a T10 pick in the upcoming draft, and like the notion of a trade built around Afflalo and Terrence Ross.

Cig pretty much spelled it out.

Return to Trades and Transactions