ImageImageImageImageImage

Should Bryan Colangelo be Fired

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Fire BC?

Yay
82%
Nay
18%

Total votes: 488

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Re: Should Bryan Colangelo be Fired 

Post#861 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:59 pm

I still think the best move for the new GM if he comes here is to trade Lowry and Bargnani for as many draft picks as possible. I think we can get UTA 1st, GSW 1st from Utah for Lowry, maybe another top 25 pick for Bargs. Then roll out a deep roster of first/second year players next year and tank 4 Wiggins
Scase
General Manager
And1: 7,038

Post#862 » by Scase » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:52 pm

HomieOmey wrote:
Scase wrote:This is the exact thing that Hillbilly Hare was saying, the reasoning behind firing him is because of the 6 years prior, how this season is going is irrelevant. Short of his "vision" actually being a success this year and us having a 45-50 win season there is no reason for him to remain here. And I don't know if you've been watching this season but that's pretty unlikely.

Short of a 45-50 win season there is no reason for him to remain here? If that's the thinking, he should have been fired before this season started as those were never really realistic expectations. Again, I'm not a fan of his at all, I just think this would be very weird timing to fire him. I agree that he should have been fired earlier, but he was kept around. I mean just a few months ago people were praising him for 1) Getting us "one of the top coaches in the game," and getting both Lowry and Jonas. The whole Nash ordeal was a disaster, but it's not like the Knicks or Nets didn't go through a similar speed bump in their pursuits of James/Bosh. Remember that the Nets also threw ridiculous money at an unspectacular role player. Apparently an awful trade for Crash, overpaying for Lopez, and trading for "the worst contract in the NBA" was enough to save the Nets GM from doing a horrible job.

It just seems like bad timing to me. Yes, he should have been fired prior to this point, and I would not shed one tear if he was fired tonight, I just don't get the timing. Especially during a rather ugly schedule with most hammering on and on about the refs being absolutely atrocious.

That's my whole point, the only thing that can save his job at this point is a 45-50 win season and that's not happening and he should have been fired years ago.

Again the whole point of firing him now is to prevent even MORE damage to the franchise. What happens if he decides to try and save his job and trades away some of our future for more win now bullsht and sets the franchise back even more years?

It's been argued that getting 8-9th place would save his job. What's stopping him from trading away Ross or JV in an attempt to produce that result? The fanbase would be livid if that happened yet MLSE would probably extend the moron again and we'd be middling round 1 fodder meanwhile having no cap flexibility or assets for years to come.
Props TZ!
elmer_yuck
Veteran
And1: 559

Post#863 » by elmer_yuck » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:04 am

Dr Positivity wrote:I still think the best move for the new GM if he comes here is to trade Lowry and Bargnani for as many draft picks as possible. I think we can get UTA 1st, GSW 1st from Utah for Lowry, maybe another top 25 pick for Bargs. Then roll out a deep roster of first/second year players next year and tank 4 Wiggins

Give it a rest already.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,305

Post#864 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:50 am

elmer_yuck wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:I still think the best move for the new GM if he comes here is to trade Lowry and Bargnani for as many draft picks as possible. I think we can get UTA 1st, GSW 1st from Utah for Lowry, maybe another top 25 pick for Bargs. Then roll out a deep roster of first/second year players next year and tank 4 Wiggins

Give it a rest already.

Everything Mufasa has said is right on point.
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
suntzuballin
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#865 » by suntzuballin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:57 am

LeBronNextMJ wrote:
elmer_yuck wrote:

Give it a rest already.

if he trade Ross over Bargani I will diffently not watch the raptors until him and Primo are out of this franchise I would be too angry
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#866 » by ballislife » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:06 am

Why hasnt BC had a single interview with the media since the season started?? It's like he trying to avoid everyone ripping on him for what's going on because he's scared...

I can't wait to hear what he has to say about this.
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,861

Post#867 » by Tacoma » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:31 am

The Raptors need all star talent and trading Lowry for UTA or GSW firsts won't likley land you in the top 10. They're better off trying to get their own pick back by trading Lowry to OKC in the hope they want Lowry to replace Harden as 6th man. That would be ironic and the new GM's reversal of BC's trade that would be a fitting indictment of BC's failures here.

In any case, trading Lowry may be a good idea if the Raptors continue to suck and Lowry will, as a result, not re-sign here. However, you don't wait until next year when you're stuck with having to deal with whichever team Lowry tells you he's willing to sign with, or Lowry screws them like Bosh did.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#868 » by Volcano » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:24 am

LeBronNextMJ wrote:
elmer_yuck wrote:

Give it a rest already.

u joined 2 weeks ago and u know he's Mufasa?
Scase
General Manager

Post#869 » by Scase » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:27 am

Volcano wrote:
u joined 2 weeks ago and u know he's Mufasa?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Props TZ!
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM

Post#870 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:49 am

u joined 2 weeks ago and u know he's Mufasa?[/quote]
Nah I've been a long time lurker lol :wink:
Scase
General Manager

Post#871 » by Scase » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:54 am

LeBronNextMJ wrote:u joined 2 weeks ago and u know he's Mufasa?

Nah I've been a long time lurker lol :wink:[/quote]
So which banned fool are you?
Props TZ!
Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,639

Post#872 » by Kurtz » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:54 am

Tacoma wrote:
The Raptors need all star talent and trading Lowry for UTA or GSW firsts won't likley land you in the top 10. They're better off trying to get their own pick back by trading Lowry to OKC in the hope they want Lowry to replace Harden as 6th man. That would be ironic and the new GM's reversal of BC's trade that would be a fitting indictment of BC's failures here.

In any case, trading Lowry may be a good idea if the Raptors continue to suck and Lowry will, as a result, not re-sign here. However, you don't wait until next year when you're stuck with having to deal with whichever team Lowry tells you he's willing to sign with, or Lowry screws them like Bosh did.

Actually, trading Lowry straight-up for our pick back would be a fitting indictment of the failure of the new GM.

We're in no danger of Lowry leaving this off-season. If it's looking grim next season, we can move him then.
grimlock
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,494

Post#873 » by grimlock » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:13 pm

The thing that interests me most is the medias lack of opinion on the whole matter. Toronto sports management in general gets away with mediocrity all to easily. Our city is all to comfortable with mediocrity.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,829

Post#874 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:37 pm

Actually, trading Lowry straight-up for our pick back would be a fitting indictment of the failure of the new GM.

Watch Lowry get the max this summer.
kirkwood
Starter
And1: 1,713

Post#875 » by kirkwood » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:58 pm

Sorry Colangelo, there is no way out of this mess, trades won't work, signing unsigned bums won't work. The only thing we should do right now is fire Bryan and tank hard for the #1 pick.
Kenyon009
Banned User
And1: 1,869

Post#876 » by Kenyon009 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:13 pm

kirkwood wrote:Sorry Colangelo, there is no way out of this mess, trades won't work, signing unsigned bums won't work. The only thing we should do right now is fire Bryan and tank hard for the #1 pick.

The best thing to do is let things play out this season. Try to win don't just give OKC a big time player maybe get the 9th seed and provide them with a poor pick be the best option. Then during the summer deal Bargnani, Lowry, and try to get rid of Kleiza along with Fields somehow maybe include Ross in the deal with Fields.

Val
Ed
Veteran
DeRozan
Veteran

That sould be the tanking line up for next year along with the young players you might get for Lowry+Bargnani and other decent assets like Amir. We need a number one option player.
Saciid11
General Manager
And1: 4,225

Post#877 » by Saciid11 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:18 pm

I hope if we end up with top 3 pick and Shabbazz is available, we don't draft Cody Zeller over Shabbazz or James Mcadoo...

Shabazzz .... Bigger version of James Harden, more athletic

James MCadoo.... Josh Smith/Antawn Jamison

2013/2014 lineup I hoping and I'm wishing for

C- Val
PF- Ed Davis/Amir Johnsson
SF- Shabbazzz
SG- Demar
PG- Lowery
Saciid11
General Manager
And1: 4,225

Post#878 » by Saciid11 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:23 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Watch Lowry get the max this summer.

He is atleast worth 10-12 million a year
Jambo
Pro Prospect
And1: 233

Post#879 » by Jambo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:46 pm

Kenyon009 wrote:
kirkwood wrote:Sorry Colangelo, there is no way out of this mess, trades won't work, signing unsigned bums won't work. The only thing we should do right now is fire Bryan and tank hard for the #1 pick.

The best thing to do is let things play out this season. Try to win don't just give OKC a big time player maybe get the 9th seed and provide them with a poor pick be the best option. Then during the summer deal Bargnani, Lowry, and try to get rid of Kleiza along with Fields somehow maybe include Ross in the deal with Fields.

Val
Ed
Veteran
DeRozan
Veteran

That sould be the tanking line up for next year along with the young players you might get for Lowry+Bargnani and other decent assets like Amir. We need a number one option player.

If we're going to tank there's no reason to include Ross to get rid of Fields/Kleiza , we can tank just fine with those two and we can without them .
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM

Post#880 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:49 pm

Scase wrote:
LeBronNextMJ wrote:u joined 2 weeks ago and u know he's Mufasa?

Nah I've been a long time lurker lol :wink:

So which banned fool are you?[/quote]
I haven't got banned this is my first account :wink:

Return to Toronto Raptors