ImageImageImageImageImage

Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargnani

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Do you agree?

Yes, I want Bargs moved.
88%
No, we should be patient.
12%

Total votes: 362

Ukulele
Freshman
And1: 2

Re: Chisholm: It's time to trade Andrea Bargnani 

Post#521 » by Ukulele » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:16 am

Anyone who comes in place of Bargnani will be an incredible upgrade. I really hope that Bargnani will continue to suck, so we can amnesty him then we finally go to playoffs and then maybe he will realize how much he suck! :) I will follow the Raptors just for this!! :)
Ed Davis top 10 PF
Kyle Lowry top 10 PG
DeMar DeRozan top 15 SG
Edumacated
Senior
And1: 404

Post#522 » by Edumacated » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:43 am

If we lose by more than 10 points against the Magic, I hope BC will make a trade involving Bargs the next day.
yodamaster
Veteran
And1: 2,629

Post#523 » by yodamaster » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:01 am

Edumacated wrote:If we lose by more than 10 points against the Magic, I hope BC will make a trade involving Bargs the next day.

nah man, I want bargnani not playing the game against Magic because he was traded prior to the tip-off.

:D
AfricanSensation
Head Coach
And1: 294

Post#524 » by AfricanSensation » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:02 am

We need to keep an eye on the Nuggets!
They are not doing as well as expected, Gallo is struggling, Wilson Chandler is barely playing etc.
Plus Masai Ujiri owe us one for the opportunity we gave him lol
I say stalk him, beg if you need but a Bargs and Ross for Gallo would be nice.

Lowry-Demar-Gallo-Amir-Val

Gallo would provide the supposed scoring that we would miss without Bargs and can at least guard his own position.

As for the Nuggets they could use a young SG like Ross after losing Afflalo. Plus I don't see better guys to cover for Bargs rebounding troubles than Faried, Iggy, McGee etc.

Anyway at this point we may even settle for Bargs for Chandler straight up
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#525 » by Kabookalu » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:08 am

I honestly think that OKC management might be open to the idea of trading Perkins just for the fact that Brooks won't play him. Much different situations but the Bulls did the same with Keith Bogans, despite starting all 82 games for them in Rose's MVP year. They waived him just so Thibs can't play him. OKC can't do the same because Perkins' contract is big and can at least be used for trade bait.

Perkins + our pick back would be pretty awesome. If that pulls through we would have essentially traded Andrea Bargnani for Kendrick Perkins and Kyle Lowry.
Read on Twitter
Ukulele
Freshman

Post#526 » by Ukulele » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:12 am

AfricanSensation wrote:We need to keep an eye on the Nuggets!
They are not doing as well as expected, Gallo is struggling, Wilson Chandler is barely playing etc.
Plus Masai Ujiri owe us one for the opportunity we gave him lol
I say stalk him, beg if you need but a Bargs and Ross for Gallo would be nice.

Lowry-Demar-Gallo-Amir-Val

Gallo would provide the supposed scoring that we would miss without Bargs and can at least guard his own position.

As for the Nuggets they could use a young SG like Ross after losing Afflalo. Plus I don't see better guys to cover for Bargs rebounding troubles than Faried, Iggy, McGee etc.

Anyway at this point we may even settle for Bargs for Chandler straight up

You are dreaming too much! There's no way that Denver takes Bargnani...no one actually would!
Ed Davis top 10 PF
Kyle Lowry top 10 PG
DeMar DeRozan top 15 SG
Peezy
Senior
And1: 23

Post#527 » by Peezy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:38 am

Bargnani to OKC for our pick back... then its like we traded forbes and bargnani for lowry. DONE DEAL !
Peezy
Senior
And1: 23

Post#528 » by Peezy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:39 am

WOW 39 people dont want bargnani traded... unbelievable. Must be Italians.
Ukulele
Freshman

Post#529 » by Ukulele » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:45 am

Peezy wrote:WOW 39 people dont want bargnani traded... unbelievable. Must be Italians.

:lol: The Italians want him away from Toronto for 7 years! :lol:
Ed Davis top 10 PF
Kyle Lowry top 10 PG
DeMar DeRozan top 15 SG
yodamaster
Veteran
And1: 2,629

Post#530 » by yodamaster » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Peezy wrote:WOW 39 people dont want bargnani traded... unbelievable. Must be Italians.

primo pasta lovers.
hillbilly hare
Veteran
And1: 219

Post#531 » by hillbilly hare » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:34 pm

Choker wrote:I honestly think that OKC management might be open to the idea of trading Perkins just for the fact that Brooks won't play him. Much different situations but the Bulls did the same with Keith Bogans, despite starting all 82 games for them in Rose's MVP year. They waived him just so Thibs can't play him. OKC can't do the same because Perkins' contract is big and can at least be used for trade bait.

Perkins + our pick back would be pretty awesome. If that pulls through we would have essentially traded Andrea Bargnani for Kendrick Perkins and Kyle Lowry.

Exactly. Plus as I said, I think Perkins helps us another way, i.e. not having to push Jonas to the point where he might pick up bad habits, take a beating psychologically, etc.
Haisan
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#532 » by Haisan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:05 pm

Of the 91 players in the NBA who are 6'8" or taller and who play more than 20 minutes a game, Bargnani is:
- 84th in Total Rebounding Percentage
- 86th in FG%
- 81st in eFG%
- 68th in block%
- 77th in ORat
- 87th in DRat
Swervin81
Pro Prospect
And1: 941

Post#533 » by Swervin81 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:47 pm

Realistically, if we are going to trade Bargnani alone we would need to be getting back an albatross contract... and then HOPEFULLY swindle the other team to give us SOMETHING additional of value.

Charlotte Bobcats: DeSagana Diop @ $7.5M (expiring) + Top-10 Protected 1st (which might take us a while to get it)
Detroit Pistons: Charlie Villanueva @ $8M (+player option) + Austin Daye @ 3M + 2nd round pick

...things like that. At least that's my opinion.

BEST. SIGPIC. EVER.
NBJ13
Head Coach
And1: 7,189

Post#534 » by NBJ13 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Hero wrote:So I'm reading the TSN article and I find this...

"We can't afford to play such bad defence -- especially against this type of team," Bargnani said. "One day we play good defence and then there are games like today where we play very bad defence, so I can't say it's getting better. We have to focus more and give a better effort."

Unbelievable.

lol He's been using that speech to practice his english since he got here.

... his english has become quite good
martypython
Bench Warmer
And1: 252

Post#535 » by martypython » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:01 pm

I voted no because his value is at an all time low, we're likely going to get something even worse in return. If his value is higher, and some GM wants him, I will pull the trigger.
kirkwood
Starter
And1: 1,713

Post#536 » by kirkwood » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Wait until his offensive game returns to form them move him, like marty says above, now is not the time.
Too Late Crew
Head Coach
And1: 750

Post#537 » by Too Late Crew » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:15 pm

kirkwood wrote:Wait until his offensive game returns to form them move him, like marty says above, now is not the time.

We've had this argumen before. He's played 100s of games and thousands of minutes. He's played 6 seasons before this one. Are NBA GMs really that stupid that if he has a few good scoring games that they will discount what they already KNOW him to be from all that past data?

We know what his norm is. Unless he's injured he'll eventually revert to the norm. A couple good games after several bad won't change what that norm is. That norm is the value other GMs place on him. they are not all stupid.
why22
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#538 » by why22 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:40 pm

The sight of Andrea on the floor angers me. He looks like a walking cadaver out there
Basketball_Jones wrote:BC holding Casey accountable would go like this:

BC: so I see you played Andrea quite a bit there when he was struggling
Casey: yeah I know, we needed spacing
BC: play him more (walks away)
C.Boshly
Analyst
And1: 605

Post#539 » by C.Boshly » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:18 pm

Choker wrote:I honestly think that OKC management might be open to the idea of trading Perkins just for the fact that Brooks won't play him. Much different situations but the Bulls did the same with Keith Bogans, despite starting all 82 games for them in Rose's MVP year. They waived him just so Thibs can't play him. OKC can't do the same because Perkins' contract is big and can at least be used for trade bait.

Why would OKC be open to trading Perkins when it seems inevitable that they meet up with Howard's Lakers in the playoffs?

I could see it happening before but I think they give Perk at least one more year with the team and see what happens VS. the Lakers.
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#540 » by Young_Buc » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:09 pm

would LOVE perk and our pick back. Ideal.

Return to Toronto Raptors