Nic Batum
65%

Total votes: 55

DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,934

Re: Danilo Gallinari or Nicolas Batum 

Post#21 » by DusterBuster » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:12 pm

LOL @ people still trying to justify Gallo over Batum..... Whatever floats your boat guys.... :lol:

I particularly got a good laugh out of Aeternus dismissing the fact that Gallinari can't hit the broad side of a barn this year by talking about it like it's not a big deal.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Aeternus
Pro Prospect
And1: 164

Post#22 » by Aeternus » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:40 pm

DusterBuster wrote:LOL @ people still trying to justify Gallo over Batum..... Whatever floats your boat guys.... :lol:

I particularly got a good laugh out of Aeternus dismissing the fact that Gallinari can't hit the broad side of a barn this year by talking about it like it's not a big deal.

I haven't said that. Gallo is shooting like thrash like now, but it not the first time he starts the season slow, and it hasn't even been 10 games yet, so ridiculous sample size anyway.
Batum has been playing better than Gallo this start of the season, I'm not denying that, I have just noted how he's not doing anything better than Gallo other than scoring. Unless you believe Gallo completely and irreparably lost his shot over the summer, there's no reason to believe he won't go back to his usual .58 TS, and then it will become pretty damn hard again to justify considering Batum better than Gallo, just like it was last season and every other one.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,934

Post#23 » by DusterBuster » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Whatever man. Believe whatever you want.

Personally, I find the whole Player Comparisons board to be pure pointless drivel. Everyone who posts here clearly has a biased agenda and will twist and stretch stats in any way they can to make their point. The PC board is basically like watching Chris Matthews and Bill O'Reilly endlessly yelling at each other about politics. No side is ever going to change the others opinion and they'll manipulate the truth to make their point. That's why I barely ever post in this section.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Keshavarzi
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#24 » by Keshavarzi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:22 pm

^
Yeah let's just ignore the fact that Batum is playing way better than Gallo ever has at any point in his career. Previous seasons it has been very debatable and if you dispute that you're just a homer. Even if Gallo gets back to the way he was playing in previous seasons, he would still be on a lower tier than Batum who is arguably the third best sf in the league right now.
The over-moderating of this site has gotten ridiculous, if you agree, take your talents to www.reddit.com/r/nba
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,006

Post#25 » by moss_is_1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Keshavarzi wrote:^
Yeah let's just ignore the fact that Batum is playing way better than Gallo ever has at any point in his career. Previous seasons it has been very debatable and if you dispute that you're just a homer. Even if Gallo gets back to the way he was playing in previous seasons, he would still be on a lower tier than Batum who is arguably the third best sf in the league right now.

:lol: Batum the 3rd best SF?

Durant/LBJ
Melo/Deng
Iggy, Granger(even though he's hurt), Pierce, Kirilenko, Gallo, Gay all them along with Batum are on the same level. If Batum can keep up this play for the rest of the year then we can enter him into maybe top 5 discussions, but it's only been 9 games.
Keshavarzi
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#26 » by Keshavarzi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:50 pm

Oh man you're hater and it's painfully obvious.

Let me get this straight. You're saying that if he keeps this up for the rest of the year we can MAYBE enter him into the DISCUSSION of top 5?

20/6/3 with 2+stl and 1+blk per game on 60%TS and he MAY be in the discussion for top 5 in your opinion...

The over-moderating of this site has gotten ridiculous, if you agree, take your talents to www.reddit.com/r/nba
JDs_loot
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#27 » by JDs_loot » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Batum and it really isn't close.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Post#28 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:32 am

Batum just because I like him defensively more
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,424

Post#29 » by GreenRiddler » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:33 am

moss_is_1 wrote:
Keshavarzi wrote:^

:lol: Batum the 3rd best SF?

Durant/LBJ
Melo/Deng
Iggy, Granger(even though he's hurt), Pierce, Kirilenko, Gallo, Gay all them along with Batum are on the same level. If Batum can keep up this play for the rest of the year then we can enter him into maybe top 5 discussions, but it's only been 9 games.

moss is clearly butt hurt that Batum's contract was matched and now they have to deal with a washed up 31 yr old Linko who won't match the upwards trajection of their core like Batum would have #HomerActivated. Oh and Lillard's dougie is waaaay better. :naaa:
moss_is_1
RealGM

Post#30 » by moss_is_1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:15 am

Keshavarzi wrote:Oh man you're hater and it's painfully obvious.

Let me get this straight. You're saying that if he keeps this up for the rest of the year we can MAYBE enter him into the DISCUSSION of top 5?

20/6/3 with 2+stl and 1+blk per game on 60%TS and he MAY be in the discussion for top 5 in your opinion...

Not a hater at all, I like Batum a lot and glad that he's playing well since he's actually being utilized. I just think it's ridiculous for someone to say he's clearly top 3 when those guys have proven it year after year, while being #1 guys for a good portion of those players. Deng is averaging 18/7/3 while playing elite defense, Iggy is probably the best defender in the NBA who is averaging 14/7/4. Melo is averaging 24/8 while the Knicks are playing fantastic. Batum is finally playing like I hoped he would if he would of been a Timberwolf, and he's always been on of my favorite players.

GreenRiddler wrote:moss is clearly butt hurt that Batum's contract was matched and now they have to deal with a washed up 31 yr old Linko who won't match the upwards trajection of their core like Batum would have #HomerActivated. Oh and Lillard's dougie is waaaay better. :naaa:

:roll: That washed up Kirlenko is having a fantastic season. 14/8/3 1.4 steals and over 2 blocks while shooting 60% from the field, 53% from three....oh yeah, and anchoring our defense(6th in DRTG) from the SF spot.
moss_is_1
RealGM

Post#31 » by moss_is_1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:24 am

Just based on this season, Batum would probably be top 5. But that's with Granger being out, Gallo struggling, and Batum having an incredible start to the season.

LBJ - Durant - Melo are better, I don't think that's even up for debate.

I'd be hesitant to take him over guys like Deng, Iggy and Pierce because they've proven it year after year, not just in 10 games. Then guys like Gallo, AK47, Granger, and possibly Rudy Gay are players that I would put in the same tier as Batum. If he keeps this up I think he would clearly be the #4 SF. I love Batum and Gallo's games, I prefer Gallo's a little bit more as I think he has shown more of a willingness to attack consistently, that might have changed now with Batum however.
Young_Star11
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,767

Post#32 » by Young_Star11 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:58 am

Injuries have so far slowed Gallinari in Denver and he had one good half-season in New York.

Batum has always been a solid role player and is doing more to justify his contract this season.

Comparison was closer up until this year.
lukekarts
Head Coach
And1: 335

Post#33 » by lukekarts » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Well this topic surely has taken a turn from when I last looked at it.

Batum is in good form this season, but @GreenRiddler in particular, I think we're still looking at too short of a sample to bump Batum into the top 3 (!).

I don't think moss is biased at all, having seen plenty of his posts. I don't think Minny fans have cause for bitterness because the 'washed up' AK47 you refer to, won Euroleague MVP last year and is playing like a younger, more confident version of himself and playing fantastic defence this season. In the short term, they're better off with him. Plus there's a handful of guys like Deng, Iggy, Pierce, that are unquestionably more proven than Batum for that 3rd spot...
There is no consolation prize. Winning is everything.
SirHuey
General Manager
And1: 2,737

Post#34 » by SirHuey » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:12 pm

Batum easily

Gallo has always been overhyped and people judge him off his "potential"
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#35 » by AdamTheGreek » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Gallinari is the better player right this second, but Danilo isn't going to get any better and he's dealt with an abundance of injuries over the past few years. He's playing hurt now and I don't see him being fully healthy unless he's sidelined an extended period of time. Great overall player, but I think his body is failing him.

Meanwhile, Batum is still improving and I greatly value his athleticism to make big plays on each end more than Gallinari. It's all about Batum's mental aspect. There he's still fragile and needs the right coach and system to really maximize potential, where as Gallinari can play just about anywhere and still fit in well. I'm picking Batum though to answer the question because I like his future potential more.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Post#36 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Granger and Deng are still better than these guys if we're talking 3rd best SF
Fitz303
General Manager
And1: 1,816

Post#37 » by Fitz303 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:29 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:Granger and Deng are still better than these guys if we're talking 3rd best SF

How is Granger still better? Maybe I've just never been a big Granger fan, but I don't see it

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... 01&y2=2013

Here are Granger's last year numbers, and Batum this year... Granger's efficiency has gone down nearly every year since he's been in the league. Batum is a farrrr more efficient scorer, and just as good of a rebounder. Defense is pretty similar between the 2 (Granger's Opp PER last season and Batum's Opp PER this season are both 12.7), so I fail to find where Granger is a better player. Maybe Batum falls apart later in the season, and Granger comes back healthy and better than he's ever been, but RIGHT NOW, Batum looks to be the better player. I can see an argument for Deng because, what he gives up on offense, he makes up for on defense.
lukekarts
Head Coach
And1: 335

Post#38 » by lukekarts » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:25 am

Fitz303 wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:Granger and Deng are still better than these guys if we're talking 3rd best SF

How is Granger still better? Maybe I've just never been a big Granger fan, but I don't see it

Sample size. If at the end of this season, Batum is still averaging the same, then clearly he's better, but it's too short a sample size.
There is no consolation prize. Winning is everything.
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,424

Post#39 » by GreenRiddler » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:54 am

moss_is_1 wrote:
Keshavarzi wrote:Oh man you're hater and it's painfully obvious.

Not a hater at all, I like Batum a lot and glad that he's playing well since he's actually being utilized. I just think it's ridiculous for someone to say he's clearly top 3 when those guys have proven it year after year, while being #1 guys for a good portion of those players. Deng is averaging 18/7/3 while playing elite defense, Iggy is probably the best defender in the NBA who is averaging 14/7/4. Melo is averaging 24/8 while the Knicks are playing fantastic. Batum is finally playing like I hoped he would if he would of been a Timberwolf, and he's always been on of my favorite players.

GreenRiddler wrote:moss is clearly butt hurt that Batum's contract was matched and now they have to deal with a washed up 31 yr old Linko who won't match the upwards trajection of their core like Batum would have #HomerActivated. Oh and Lillard's dougie is waaaay better. :naaa:

:roll: That washed up Kirlenko is having a fantastic season. 14/8/3 1.4 steals and over 2 blocks while shooting 60% from the field, 53% from three....oh yeah, and anchoring our defense(6th in DRTG) from the SF spot.

lets see if HE keeps this up since you all like to throw that around and 2 yea he is surprising me a bit but at 31? Comon it's not like the wolves are competing for a title, he'll be useless or gone by then.

Batum is in good form this season, but @GreenRiddler in particular, I think we're still looking at too short of a sample to bump Batum into the top 3 (!).

I don't think moss is biased at all, having seen plenty of his posts. I don't think Minny fans have cause for bitterness because the 'washed up' AK47 you refer to, won Euroleague MVP last year and is playing like a younger, more confident version of himself and playing fantastic defence this season. In the short term, they're better off with him. Plus there's a handful of guys like Deng, Iggy, Pierce, that are unquestionably more proven than Batum for that 3rd spot...

Iggy isn't a sf and again about AK, also Batum plays equal defense when compared to Deng and is much more talented offensively so far this year.
moss_is_1
RealGM

Post#40 » by moss_is_1 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:21 pm

GreenRiddler wrote: lets see if HE keeps this up since you all like to throw that around and 2 yea he is surprising me a bit but at 31? Comon it's not like the wolves are competing for a title, he'll be useless or gone by then.

Fair enough, but AK47 has proved that he can perform at this level in past seasons, Batum has not. It's not about who's the better SF down the line, it's this season though. Sure I'd rather have Batum then AK47, but right now they are playing similar ball.

GreenRiddler wrote:Iggy isn't a sf and again about AK, also Batum plays equal defense when compared to Deng and is much more talented offensively so far this year.

Iggy is a SF, that's where he plays best over his career. He's playing more SG in Denver because of the personnel around him. Deng is a much better overall defender then Batum who is now starting to play like he had been hyped to be. Deng's been one of the best defenders in the NBA for awhile now.

Return to Player Comparisons